IGNORED

Missouri Teen Raped Family Forced Out of Town

roddma

Has anyone posted this? It is almost too horrible for words. Melissa Coleman of Missouri finds her daughter Daisy unconscious on the front porch. The intoxicated teen had been allegedly raped by the quartetback of the football team. One story says the boys made her drink alcohol. Another says the teen had it stashed in the closet. Her and a 13 yr old friend sliiped out the window and met the guys. The house mysteriously caught fite and the family forced to leave town. Melissa Coleman lost her job because Co workers felt uncomfortable around her. The grandfather of one if the boys, GOP., allegedly got the charges dropped. Even if the girls snuck out the boys took advantage and the girl suffers. It shows you the double standards. Now the case is reopened.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1484710

I just fended off a commenter who suggested she was asking for it, because "she was drinking and already sexually active". I told him that he had a perverted mind, and nothing suggests that she was sexually active. I seriously doubt most 13-14-year-olds are. They are kids. Do kids really start that young? Anyhow, that's irrelevant. I stand by what I told that perverted creep: it doesn't matter if the younger kid "consented" to sex. A 14-year-old doesn't understand the significance of consent, therefore her consent doesn't apply. I know that's the law here, and not there. Still, our laws are built on science, which clearly points towards the reality that a kid that young is not mature enough to consent.

Newsflash teens do this kind of stuff regardless of economic background or beliefs. No amount of legalism or,Patriarchy will stop it. I could imagine a Fundie trying to use this as a teaching moment that girls need protection. However double standards wreak in secular society as well.

I just fended off a commenter who suggested she was asking for it, because "she was drinking and already sexually active". I told him that he had a perverted mind, and nothing suggests that she was sexually active. I seriously doubt most 13-14-year-olds are. They are kids. Do kids really start that young? Anyhow, that's irrelevant. I stand by what I told that perverted creep: it doesn't matter if the younger kid "consented" to sex. A 14-year-old doesn't understand the significance of consent, therefore her consent doesn't apply. I know that's the law here, and not there. Still, our laws are built on science, which clearly points towards the reality that a kid that young is not mature enough to consent.

Nothing to do with this particular story, but yeah, a fair number ( a minority of course) of 13 and 14 year olds are sexually active. Most girls I knew growing up became sexually active at that age. Boys tended to be 14-16, but some started at 13. That was over 30 years ago. I think it depends on your peer group. I ran with a generally very rough crowd. Now I think it's much to young, and pretty stupid, but I also don't think I was at all damaged by it.

Archived