IGNORED

Chocolate Shortage - End of the World

countressrascal

Here is the link:http://www.nbcnews.com/business/warning-cocoa-shortage-rising-prices-threaten-chocolate-bars-8C11418435

Yes it is true -according to the article there is going to be a shortage of chocolate within the next 7 years and the normal person will not be able to afford it. Now this is an issue that could bring down the civilization as we know it. Now this is a real issue that needs to be addressed.

Is hoarding chocolate wrong? Is there a shelf life for chocolate? I can see myself rotating my supply of chocolate, making sure I eat the oldest first.

I'm just kidding myself though. There's no way I could keep any kind of chocolate supply on hand, I'd just eat it. If it gets too expensive I'll just have to cut back on the kids' food rations to support my habit, just like the fundies would do. :lol:

Good thing I don't eat too much chocolate. I tend to buy a box of fancy chocolates and then take three months to eat it. Although I do love brownies....

No. Nooooo. Is life going to be worth living? Sod Armageddon. The really worry is a world without chocolate.

This year has seen a lot of these kinds of stories about impending shortages about some of my favorite things:

Chocolate

Coffee

Fruits pollinated by honey bees

Lobster Rolls.

:cry:

I guess ten years from now, we'll all be eating our Soylent Green crackers and washing them down with water, if we're lucky.

I feel compelled to go use that $4 off coupon from See's that keeps on popping up for me.

I have had recurring nightmares most of my adult life that the government would figure out that chocolate actually is a drug and make it unavailable except by prescription. An agricultural shortage? That...that is well beyond even where my fevered mind had previously went.

May God guard against it. :pray:

Oh no! As the great-great granddaughter of Willy Wonka* this saddens me.

Cheese is my chocolate, but I do enjoy making myself sick by eating entire boxes of lindt balls during december.

*Really the founder of Macrobertsons which is now Cadbury Australia, Willy Wonka wasn't real.

I now must become a Chocolate Apocalypse Prepper.

The Chocolypse? :mrgreen:

Time to start praying...If god can give Teri Maxwell a new phone case s/he can damn well make it rain chocolate!

Forget manna from heaven, we want chocolate! Teri got the new phone case, Raquel got a horse, one of those twin bloggers got an ill-fitting dress, God can provide chocolate!

Obviously too many people have made chocolate their idol and this is just God reminding us that he's in charge and giving us time to repent and change our ebil ways. :wink-kitty:

I now must become a Chocolate Apocalypse Prepper.

Let's start our own version of the Citadel and protect the supply.

I'm way ahead of all of you.

I have a pantry full of President's Choice Decadent Chocolate Chips, and still more crammed into my freezer. I looked like a crazed hoarder when I bought them.

Why? Long story short, they changed their recipe. The old one was dairy-free, the new one is not. I keep kosher and have a nephew who can't have dairy, so I need to be able to make dairy-free chocolate chip cookie pie. So...when I happened to notice that a local store still had some of the old recipe packages, I bought out their entire supply.

Archived