IGNORED

Could this be where Stevehovah got his ideas?

Hane

Oh, wow, this does sound like where Steve may have spring boarded off the deep end. It covers they keys to Maxwell "parenting".

-no advice from non Christians, ever

-no activities outside the family even if they are church activities, because it requires your child going under another person's "authority"

-no frivolous entertainment, aka F-U-N

I guess even Steve had to drink Kool-Aid at one point. His kids break my heart, they really do. More than the Duggars, the Shraders, the fabulous David Waller, and even Zsu's kids. To grow up in an environment where you aren't allowed to have a moment of fun. Makes the Howler Monkeys look loved in comparison.

According to Amazon, it was published in 1996 (and I think that may not have been the first edition), so it could have been an influence on Stevus of Borg.

He strikes me as the type who would just make up his own shit, though.

Maybe he read this book and others, and then convinced himself he created a fabulous new idea.

I grew up with a very controlling father, thank goodness he never got religion.

Somebody ask him if he's read it. Say that they came across it and wondered what his opinion of it is.

Somebody ask him if he's read it. Say that they came across it and wondered what his opinion of it is.

Hey, no need, Sola--we KNOW he reads here. Hi, Steve!

OMG, I remember that book - someone gave it to me when my kids were tiny. I seem to recall reading about 20 pages and then chucking it in the trash.

I'm 95% sure Steve and Teri must have read and implemented that book, it's right up their alley and sounds just like them.

Archived