IGNORED

Charlotte NC Peeps - Furtick's Mansion

notathumper

For those of you in the Charlotte, NC area, you probably know who Steven Furtick is. For those who don't he heads up the mega-church called Elevation.

The women who run Wartburg Watch broke the news on his 16,000 square foot digs under construction in adjacent Union County, NC. It's got seven bathrooms and the building permit was pulled for $1.3 million dollars. The house is on 19 acres worth over a million dollars.

This is what he has managed to propel himself into after coming to Charlotte as a 25 year old in 2005! I live in Charlotte and this area is teeming with so-called "Elevators" with their bumper stickers on their cars, all pledging allegiance to Stevie.

Here's the link to the Wartburg Watch: http://thewartburgwatch.com/2013/10/02/steven-furtick-hiding-his-light-under-a-bundle/

There are almost 200 comments, many with additional information and links to county documents.

I know some people in Charlotte who have gone to Elevation just to gawk at the bizarre craziness of it all and they said it was creepy. But you get a free t-shirt.

My nephews ex-GF went to Elevation. He attended a few times and said he felt like it was a cult or something. It's supposed to be a spectacle.

I guess the Charlotte area always needs a religious con man. Jim Bakker's out of business so this guy filled that vacuum.

My nephews ex-GF went to Elevation. He attended a few times and said he felt like it was a cult or something. It's supposed to be a spectacle.

I guess the Charlotte area always needs a religious con man. Jim Bakker's out of business so this guy filled that vacuum.

He needs to start a theme park if he really wants to compete with Jim Bakker. :lol:

"Hey, Haters"? From which chapter of Jesus of Nazareth's quotes did he get that?

Guy looks like a creepy Tom Cruise in profile, and head on .... well, I can't stop wondering why his teeth are so wonky. It's sad to me that this appeals to some seeking people.

What a slickie, phrasing his donation policy to say "We're gonna help ME!" and making it sound like something noble.

SMH. The arrogance appalls.

There is something really weird about his teeth

There's something really weird about him, period.

Jim Just downsized...

jimbakkershow.com/

We live in Charlotte and a LOT of my friends go to elevation and literally worship "Pastor Furtick." my husband is a cop and did security there before and said it was a million shades of crazy.

Also, we did a property search in Mecklenburg County and the house they currently live in is owned by a Holly and Steven Futrick- those MFers changed their name legally to hide assets!

We live in Charlotte and a LOT of my friends go to elevation and literally worship "Pastor Furtick." my husband is a cop and did security there before and said it was a million shades of crazy.

Also, we did a property search in Mecklenburg County and the house they currently live in is owned by a Holly and Steven Futrick- those MFers changed their name legally to hide assets!

You're sharp!!

What type of security did your husband do for Elevation? I thought they had all these volunteers running the place so they wouldn't have to spend the $$$.

This 16K square foot single family home he's building isn't in his name either, but in a trust that Chunks Corbett is trustee. WHY would anyone need so much space and I can't even imagine the money to maintain something of that size.

You're sharp!!

What type of security did your husband do for Elevation? I thought they had all these volunteers running the place so they wouldn't have to spend the $$$.

This 16K square foot single family home he's building isn't in his name either, but in a trust that Chunks Corbett is trustee. WHY would anyone need so much space and I can't even imagine the money to maintain something of that size.

The head of the security team is a CMPD cop and they hire TONS of off-duty officers at every location depending on where douche bag will be. He apparently thinks there are people who want to kill him- or something. He said there is a huge hospitality room full of goods to eat and drink for volunteers and police. Also, I went to a play at their Blakeney campus once and their women's bathroom had an ample supply of Tampax PEARL tampons (seriously, do you know how expensive that shit is?) I wanted to take a few hundred home.

He needs to start a theme park if he really wants to compete with Jim Bakker. :lol:

OMG I was about to say the same thing! My 8th grade teacher's husband worked on that house and called her after seeing their bathroom fixtures and said "cancel our donation, this guy has gold-plated faucets"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived