IGNORED

New from VF: Heroes, Villains, & Character Lessons

twin2

New from VF the "Heroes, Villains, & Character Lessons: Complete Collection"

visionforum.com/browse/product/heroes-villians-character-lessons-complete-collection/default.aspx

One CD:

Battle Cry! Lessons from the War Between the States (CD & Study Guide)

What is on this you ask?

In Battle Cry!, join noted historian and storyteller Bill Potter for twelve tales of escape, battle, chase, and capture from America's un-Civil War. Meet Christian warriors Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and others, and discover exciting stories of heroism and God's providence often missing from our modern history books.

To the bold: WTH? :?

I really want to hear how the Confederacy was fulfilling some providence of god.......

**Doug Phillips is a Tool**

PS: Hey Interns. The VF Greece Toga Party Historical trip was done on the 29th. Where are the pics?. Haven't you realized by now the harder you make me work to find them, the worse it will be? And I will find them, you know I will, so just make it easy on your fearless leader and post them on the blog already. Thanks for your corporation!

visionforum.com/browse/product/heroes-villians-character-lessons-complete-collection/default.aspx

One CD:

What is on this you ask?

I think the Battle Cry! CD involves lots manly men dressed up in costumes, telling stories about how the Confederacy was really God's plan for the U.S. but was thwarted by those heathens, in their tacky-ass uniforms, from the Northern states Satan. Will the noted historian, storyteller and tool Doug Phillips be presenting? And, more importantly, what will he be wearing?

One CD:

What is on this you ask?

To the bold: WTH? :?

I really want to hear how the Confederacy was fulfilling some providence of god.......

**Doug Phillips is a Tool**

PS: Hey Interns. The VF Greece Toga Party Historical trip was done on the 29th. Where are the pics?. Haven't you realized by now the harder you make me work to find them, the worse it will be? And I will find them, you know I will, so just make it easy on your fearless leader and post them on the blog already. Thanks for your corporation!

I lurvs you anyway, but the bolded???? You're my hero.

Responding basically so I can subscribe to the topic and see your handiwork as soon as it may be seen! :dance:

Just had to say that every time I see this topic pop up, I am reminded of the Facebook posts that keep popping up in my feed from Fantasy Fest in Key West. Every year they have a theme, and this year's theme is "Superheroes, Villains & Beyond"(coincidence?). I think if Doug Phillips is a tool were completely honest with himself, he'd have a helluva time down in the 'ol Conch

Republic during Fantasy Fest. They're big on dressing up during that time of year. Of course,methinks that's not the only reason Dougie would enjoy Key West...

ETA--Nevamind.

I was born, raised, and still live in the South. Lee and Jackson weren't heros, they were traitors. They and their ilk tore America apart just so rich, white plantation owners could keep slavery alive. Fuck you, Doug Phillips, just fuck you. Oh, and lest we forget:

DOUG PHILLIPS IS A TOOL!!!!!!!!

If these exciting stories are often missing from modern history books there just might be a good reason. I'd like to know what this historian's references are, unless it's his storyteller references that apply here.

Just had to say that every time I see this topic pop up, I am reminded of the Facebook posts that keep popping up in my feed from Fantasy Fest in Key West. Every year they have a theme, and this year's theme is "Superheroes, Villains & Beyond"(coincidence?). I think if Doug Phillips is a tool were completely honest with himself, he'd have a helluva time down in the 'ol Conch

Republic during Fantasy Fest. They're big on dressing up during that time of year. Of course,methinks that's not the only reason Dougie would enjoy Key West...

ETA--Nevamind.

I don't think Doug Phillips (who is a tool) dressed up as a southern plantation owner or Confederate general would go over very well at Fantasy Fest, unless his costume includes sequins, assless chaps, and pasties.

God is calling me to invite Doug (Phillips who is a tool) and his manly men to go on a Hazardous Journey to Duval Street. Taking dominion over the leather bars and bong-sellers, bringing The Lord's word to the cross-dressing nightclub chanteuses, leading the Parrotheads from Margaritaville to God's altar...yes, this is a mission that cries out for Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s vision and leadership.

In Battle Cry!, join noted historian and storyteller Bill Potter for twelve tales of escape, battle, chase, and capture from America's un-Civil War. Meet Christian warriors Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, and others, and discover exciting stories of heroism and God's providence often missing from our modern history books.

Gosh, I wonder why?

:roll:

Doug the Tool makes anything sound very, very, very, very gay. Maybe Pecan Davy Waller should work for him and not Gothard.

I was born, raised, and still live in the South. Lee and Jackson weren't heros, they were traitors. They and their ilk tore America apart just so rich, white plantation owners could keep slavery alive. Fuck you, Doug Phillips, just fuck you. Oh, and lest we forget:

DOUG PHILLIPS IS A TOOL!!!!!!!!

Same here: Southern from birth and never lived elsewhere. Lee and Jackson were indeed brave leaders; that's not disputable. But they were defending ideals that good sense and history have proven WRONG. Although there were many other economic, geographic, and political factors leading to that war, all the roads lead right back to the root cause: slavery. It's just indefensible to look back and paint them as heroes. I respect that they felt they were defending their land and people, but not that way of life. No way.

Doug Phillips is a tool for trying to put a spin on one of the most shameful facets of our nation's history.

I will never forget what one of the Monticello historians told us on a tour: "Look around you. All the beautiful architecture you see here and down the hill at the University of Virginia were planned by Thomas Jefferson. But every physical manifestation of these buildings we owe to the labor of the enslaved craftsmen. Please stop to remember and revere them, too." Same goes for all the pretty antebellum buildings that make the South look like this. Too bad Doug Phillips and his crowd don't want to acknowledge that.

Same here: Southern from birth and never lived elsewhere. Lee and Jackson were indeed brave leaders; that's not disputable. But they were defending ideals that good sense and history have proven WRONG. Although there were many other economic, geographic, and political factors leading to that war, all the roads lead right back to the root cause: slavery. It's just indefensible to look back and paint them as heroes. I respect that they felt they were defending their land and people, but not that way of life. No way.

Doug Phillips is a tool for trying to put a spin on one of the most shameful facets of our nation's history.

I will never forget what one of the Monticello historians told us on a tour: "Look around you. All the beautiful architecture you see here and down the hill at the University of Virginia were planned by Thomas Jefferson. But every physical manifestation of these buildings we owe to the labor of the enslaved craftsmen. Please stop to remember and revere them, too." Same goes for all the pretty antebellum buildings that make the South look like this. Too bad Doug Phillips and his crowd don't want to acknowledge that.

I've lived in Virginia since the 60s. We used to celebrate 'Lee-Jackson' day here. Then it became 'Lee-Jackson-King' day, we tacked on Martin Luther King to a day originally used to revere two Confederate generals, which was more than a bit ironic. Now, thankfully, it's just MLK Day, we finally dropped the embarrassing Lee-Jackson bit. Although I'm sure there are areas within the state (Lexington springs to mind--Lee's grave is a literal shrine) where people just ignore MLK and carry on worshipping the leaders of the Glorious Cause. :roll:

I think worse than not acknowledging that, they want to spin it to make it OK and part of God's plan. After all, a lot of the Theonomists would not be against "biblical slavery" in their vision of the USA.

And, as this link shows, rascism is embraced and promoted in the Phillips family

racistchurches.wordpress.com/category/doug-phillips/

I can't stand any this this "War Between the States" whitewashing. It just makes me all :angry-banghead: They were into this at my (Southern) high school, and it drove me up the wall.

Every time I hear about Doug Phillips is a Tool's Fantasy He-Man Tours, I'm reminded of this exchange from The Simpsons, where Homer takes Bart hunting because he fears he might be gay:

Moe: You ever been hunting before, there, Barty?

Bart: Nope. Something about a bunch of guys alone together in the woods... seems kinda gay.

[awkward silence]

Homer: That is a very immature attitude, young man.

(for more fun, replace the names of The Simpsons characters with any of your favorite fundie men)

I've lived in Virginia since the 60s. We used to celebrate 'Lee-Jackson' day here. Then it became 'Lee-Jackson-King' day, we tacked on Martin Luther King to a day originally used to revere two Confederate generals, which was more than a bit ironic. Now, thankfully, it's just MLK Day, we finally dropped the embarrassing Lee-Jackson bit. Although I'm sure there are areas within the state (Lexington springs to mind--Lee's grave is a literal shrine) where people just ignore MLK and carry on worshipping the leaders of the Glorious Cause. :roll:

Actually, VA never dropped Lee-Jackson Day. It's just been split off from MLK day. Lee-Jackson is on the Friday and MLK is on the Monday. State workers get the whole 4 day weekend, and (at least in my area), there are plenty of commemorations and celebrations for both days.

Actually, VA never dropped Lee-Jackson Day. It's just been split off from MLK day. Lee-Jackson is on the Friday and MLK is on the Monday. State workers get the whole 4 day weekend, and (at least in my area), there are plenty of commemorations and celebrations for both days.

:o How did I not know that? :? I haven't heard mention of LJ Day in so long I guess I just assumed it had been quietly dropped! And if there are any celebrations here in southeastern VA, the news media doesn't seem to report on it. Thanks for sorting me out. :embarrassed:

:o How did I not know that? :? I haven't heard mention of LJ Day in so long I guess I just assumed it had been quietly dropped! And if there are any celebrations here in southeastern VA, the news media doesn't seem to report on it. Thanks for sorting me out. :embarrassed:

I live near Civil War battlefields and I used to live over in the Valley - you can't escape the mention of LJ Day in my neck of the woods. :)

I live near Civil War battlefields and I used to live over in the Valley - you can't escape the mention of LJ Day in my neck of the woods. :)

That makes a lot of sense. :) My part of the state's involvement in the 'Late Unpleasantness ( :roll: )' was relatively minimal until you cross the bridge over to the Peninsula and on up towards Willliamsburg.

My sister in law lives near Winchester. You can't go a block up in that area without passing a historical marker about the Valley Campaign. :shock:

I think worse than not acknowledging that, they want to spin it to make it OK and part of God's plan. After all, a lot of the Theonomists would not be against "biblical slavery" in their vision of the USA.

And, as this link shows, rascism is embraced and promoted in the Phillips family

racistchurches.wordpress.com/category/doug-phillips/

I'm still perplexed as to how they reconcile these teachings with the leadership of, say, Voddie Baucham. Or whether they avoid talking about any of these issues around him and his family. Or how Voddie reconciles all this. I think Voddie has many terrible views himself, but how does he feel about the racist teachings of many of Doug's/Vision Forum's idols?

I'm still perplexed as to how they reconcile these teachings with the leadership of, say, Voddie Baucham. Or whether they avoid talking about any of these issues around him and his family. Or how Voddie reconciles all this. I think Voddie has many terrible views himself, but how does he feel about the racist teachings of many of Doug's/Vision Forum's idols?

Voddie is a TOM, plain and simple. He doesn't care about VF's racist teachings, 'cause he's making a ton of money and getting tons of attention by being their token black. FGS, he named his son Judah Benjamin! Google that name and you'll find another Confederate token.

I know, insane. He supported slavery! I wonder what his relatives think of the name-surely there is someone in his family normal enough to think of the racist connotations of that name and how horrible it is to name a black child after someone who supported slavery. Its bad enough that it was a name that the Duggars were going to give one of their spawn, but Voddie??? Thats shocking...

Every fundie group has to have a token amount of minorities so as not to "appear" racists. It wouldn't shock me if minorities in VF or ATI/IBLP have been brainwashed into believing they are indeed inferior to whites. If that's the case, then it's truly evil.

Archived