IGNORED

"Daddy's the boss of me"....

teachergirl

was the charming exchange between Lauren Zimmerman ( wife of Tait and internet beggar of money for their first son) and her young son. So glad to see the sexism starts young....Honestly, I cannot believe a grown woman would ever say her husband was the "boss of her". There is so much wrong with dominionism, this lifestyle, etc.

If there were ever a reason to dislike this family, this seems like a good enough reason....FWIW, it was on her FB page.

Lauren and Tait Zimmerman are VF followers who have had four children in five years of marriage. Their first son was very premature and just recently they raised 100,000 online to finish paying for his hospital stay/delivery. That didn't stop them from three more and each one has been earlier and earlier. They are your typical self righteous, dominionist, Doug Phillips following family. Tait works for his father's real estate company in Alaska and Lauren is his "helpmeet" They met at a Vision Forum conference and married at 21, kid by 22.

And I know WAY too much about these people.

was the charming exchange between Lauren Zimmerman ( wife of Tait and internet beggar of money for their first son) and her young son. So glad to see the sexism starts young....Honestly, I cannot believe a grown woman would ever say her husband was the "boss of her". There is so much wrong with dominionism, this lifestyle, etc.

If there were ever a reason to dislike this family, this seems like a good enough reason....FWIW, it was on her FB page.

OK< went to her facebook and Tait's and found they want ot call a convention of the states to rein in federal goverment. And the leader of this new group (taking donations now) is none other than the "Chancellor" and founder of Patrick Henry--- Michael P. Farris

.conventionofstates.com/welcome-leadership-team

What an incestuous bunch these fundies are!

Lauren and Tait Zimmerman are VF followers who have had four children in five years of marriage. Their first son was very premature and just recently they raised 100,000 online to finish paying for his hospital stay/delivery. That didn't stop them from three more and each one has been earlier and earlier. They are your typical self righteous, dominionist, Doug Phillips following family. Tait works for his father's real estate company in Alaska and Lauren is his "helpmeet" They met at a Vision Forum conference and married at 21, kid by 22.

And I know WAY too much about these people.

Actually, the boys have not been earlier and earlier. She's been going full term.

Yes he was. Her first was very early....I stand corrected on the others:)

I do believe however she has had to have scheduled C-sections on the others....I think what annoyed many ( including some commenters on Kelly Crawford's page) was that they continue to engage in risky pregnancies without having the financial means to do so. Her poor boys sleep on the laundry room floor because they don't have room.....

I wonder if the Zimmermans turn down the dividend check that all Alaskans get since they are against the gov't?

I do believe however she has had to have scheduled C-sections on the others....I think what annoyed many ( including some commenters on Kelly Crawford's page) was that they continue to engage in risky pregnancies without having the financial means to do so. Her poor boys sleep on the laundry room floor because they don't have room.....

I wonder if the Zimmermans turn down the dividend check that all Alaskans get since they are against the gov't?

The zimmerman's sleep on a floor? WTF?

Making a toddler bed takes virtually zero carpentry skills.

If you were stashed in a laundry room floor as a kid (as some people do their little dogs while they are at work) would it make you want to overbreed for your income when you were an adult?

Yes, it was only the progressive earliness I was contesting ;-)

She has issues with preterm labor, but the c-sections are an inevitable result of the first being a vertical incision. Paying Tait's preemie bill was a problem, but they have not had financial issues besides that. Do you know them? I can't imagine where you heard the boys sleep on the laundry room floor.....they don't. Promise I am not being hand-slap-happy. We do not fully agree with them, but I do know that I see false information on here sometimes, and that tends to bring out defensiveness over one's friends, you know?

To clarify, since I won't be online later and I know it will be asked: the boys' room and laundry room are one in the same. Like a small bedroom right next to their parents' that will hopefully become a large mud room after future renovations. They all have real beds, I promise :-)

Gah! These nicey nice people selling such nasty misogyny! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

If I want to go somewhere, I just tell my husband where I'm going. If I want to spend more than my allotted weekly share of our money, I just run it by him so (a) I find out if the money is needed elsewhere, and (b) he doesn't expect that money to be there.

We're partners, we share. We share money, time, the TV, what have you, but neither one of us is the boss of anyone.

GAH!

You know, I spent two years with the laundry room in MY room when we were tight on space and kids needed more space. I did it so I could turn the largest room into a large playroom because we were not in an area where they could easily run and play. So, I believe I have more than earned my stripes to say the following.

When family size outpaces income and someone must sacrifice, it should never, ever, EVER be the children who sacrifice. They didn't get a choice and their needs and yes even their wants come before the two adults that created the situation. Anything less is shitty parenting. So if there's so little room that someone must live in the laundry room, it should be the parents and not the kids.

You know, I spent two years with the laundry room in MY room when we were tight on space and kids needed more space. I did it so I could turn the largest room into a large playroom because we were not in an area where they could easily run and play. So, I believe I have more than earned my stripes to say the following.

When family size outpaces income and someone must sacrifice, it should never, ever, EVER be the children who sacrifice. They didn't get a choice and their needs and yes even their wants come before the two adults that created the situation. Anything less is shitty parenting. So if there's so little room that someone must live in the laundry room, it should be the parents and not the kids.

This a thousand times. My husband and I have gone without so that my son can get what he needs. That is the way to parent.

Aren't these the idiots that could have qualified for Medicaid, but refused to take it and instead begged and pleaded to get people to pay off their medical bills for them?

Yes they are.

I misunderstood Lauren's FB about the laundry room so I stand corrected on that as well. However, I don't think it is right to have 4 little boys squeezed into a small space nor I do think it is good for your body to have back to back pregnancies. Preterm labor, scheduled C-sections and the general wear on your body IS risky IMHO.

I don't think it is right to have 4 little boys squeezed into a small space nor I do think it is good for your body to have back to back pregnancies. Preterm labor, scheduled C-sections and the general wear on your body IS risky IMHO.

Agree! Does anyone know if a medical professional has told her to stop having kids.

I have wondered that about ALL of them....Kelly Bradrick, Bethany Lane, Jacinda from Growing Home, Courtney from Sweet Tea have all had risky pregnancies/deliveries lately. What I find ironic is that their headships think Obamacare is of the devil yet their births/deliveries would cost a fortune because of the risk. Who do they think pays for that? Samaritian?

I really do think one of these women will die one day during labor/delivery. I wonder what will happen then.

I have wondered that about ALL of them....Kelly Bradrick, Bethany Lane, Jacinda from Growing Home, Courtney from Sweet Tea have all had risky pregnancies/deliveries lately. What I find ironic is that their headships think Obamacare is of the devil yet their births/deliveries would cost a fortune because of the risk. Who do they think pays for that? Samaritian?

I really do think one of these women will die one day during labor/delivery. I wonder what will happen then.

There will be a very sad funeral, with lots of blog pictures of sad babies / small children and stoic widower, possibly with the children singing at the funeral, big sermons about how they are now in heaven -- God's will and all that, and any damned sinners should convert and then a rapid courtship to some aging SAHD to be the new stepmother, cause menz has needz and because who else will take care of the chilldren? Not dad!

Also some celebration of life stuff... my SIL (husband's brother's wife) was apparently buried in a white dress with a matching purse. She wanted closed casket, so I didn't see, but saw the dress and purse that was sent to the mortuary. I gather it was her "bride dress for the groom" but I never got the purse--not sure if she was paying Charon to take her across the River Styx, or the interplanetary toll like Heaven's Gate guys. But all kinds of stuff like that could be included. And, possibly, depending on the church, some dancing for joy she's in heaven (that was uncomfortable to watch)

There is also a huge likelyhood any eulogies will end up being more about the speaker than the deceased.... just another thing I've seen more at Fundie / fundie light funerals than others.

And I bet that her son will grow up to not respect her because she has made him think she is unworthy of respect. That is a great way to have a child who will be on their best behaviour for Daddy, but do whatever they want and not listen to Mommy.

Well, Jacinda is Canadian, so the evil Obamacare she is always railing about doesn't even affect her. With her last pregnancy, however, she delivered in a Canadian hospital with a Canadian OBGYN and a Canadian midwife - all paid for by our awesome Canadian socialized medicine. It would have cost them an arm and a leg otherwise. Her hypocrisy has always driven me nuts.

so true....and speaking of Bethany Lane, she is back in the hospital for a "uterus infection"???....She needs to close up the shop before she dies/loses a baby. Her body does not handle pregnancy well from beginning to end.

so true....and speaking of Bethany Lane, she is back in the hospital for a "uterus infection"???....She needs to close up the shop before she dies/loses a baby. Her body does not handle pregnancy well from beginning to end.

Can u tell me who this woman is. How many kids does she already have?

Only two but they're 15 (ish) months apart, number one was perk and number two made it to term after 2months of bed rest and multiple incidents of early labour.

Only two but they're 15 (ish) months apart, number one was perk and number two made it to term after 2months of bed rest and multiple incidents of early labour.

Thanks for the info! She should really stop! A normal person would stop why would she want to take the risk.

Because God knows better don't you know?

They also have a very small living space. Poor Lewis has never had a crib and got booted out of the bassinet for the new baby. He is now sleeping in a pack and play when he should be in a proper crib with a mattress. This was all on her FB.

I haven't looked at Laruens's FB page, but this is their blog which hasn't been updated in a year.

.zimmermanfamilyalaska.blogspot.com/

I looked at some of the postings after the Little Tait Fund thread was started here.

Archived