IGNORED

Seductive Eyes and a Flirty Attitude!

DomWackTroll

Dougie just posted on Facebook about a new Vision Forum-approved movie called Alone But Not Alone. It's got lots of fake Injuns in it, which will make it a big hit with most of his sheeple, but commenter Jim F. gets all shamey about it:

"Well, I know I am setting myself up for criticisim for saying the following but my conscience leads me to give others warning. We saw this movie at the SAICFF and it was better than what you generally see in the theaters, BUT the young woman that plays the lead had 'seductive eyes' with heavy eye make-up and a flirty attitude towards the end of the movie. If you are descriminating about what you expose your family to, beware. The message is a good one and if this kind of thing doesn't bother you, enjoy it."

Yes, enjoy it on your way to hell!

https://www.facebook.com/visionforum?re ... 963&type=1

(Edited to fix link.)

Dougie just posted on Facebook about a new Vision Forum-approved movie called Alone But Not Alone. It's got lots of fake Injuns in it, which will make it a big hit with most of his sheeple, but commenter Jim F. gets all shamey about it:

"Well, I know I am setting myself up for criticisim for saying the following but my conscience leads me to give others warning. We saw this movie at the SAICFF and it was better than what you generally see in the theaters, BUT the young woman that plays the lead had 'seductive eyes' with heavy eye make-up and a flirty attitude towards the end of the movie. If you are descriminating about what you expose your family to, beware. The message is a good one and if this kind of thing doesn't bother you, enjoy it."

Yes, enjoy it on your way to hell!

https://www.facebook.com/visionforum?re ... 963&type=1

(Edited to fix link.)

Can you imagine the meltdown he would have if he ever had to traverse the mascara aisle at his local drugstore?

Well, Jim's sexay legs in his kilt are too seductive for my Facebook. Imma hafta report him for indecency and deliberate inciting to lust.

The message is a good one and if this kind of thing doesn't bother you, enjoy it.

I love how he designed this sentence to incur the maximum amount of shame possible. It's message is subtle but here is my take of what fundies will see when they read this. (Excuse the rough translation.) “The message is a good one and if you don't mind exposing your family to a girl with seductive eyes and a flirtatiousness attitude, which will defraud your boys and force your girls to practice prostitution, enjoy watching, complete with popcorn. But my family won't because we are super holy, take that, you unholy losers!â€

Seriously, nothing is ever clean enough for these people. Sometimes I feel sorry for Doug Phillips is a tool.

(Doug, I was kidding, I have never felt sorry for you :nenner: )

Oh man, I am dying with laughter right now! I never knew I was so inappropriate! Is this where I apologize for being homeschooled and not being taught how to proofread? I will return after some time in my prayer closet.

Alas, I live in a state that has too much taste is too controlled by Satanic liberals to have a theatre showing this movie. Alert Kirk Cameron! Clearly, it's a conspiracy to keep the citizens of this state from hearing God's message!

s3Fh08b.jpg

From the way he worded his comment, it sounds as if Jim actually blames the actress, ignoring the likelihood that the male directors, writers, and head of the makeup department made the decisions about the character's attitude and eye makeup. But, y'know, it's always the woman's fault. :roll:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1986769/

ETA -- not that I'm surprised, but this looks like a really bad movie:

-SR4f7IkE7M

Watch for Brett Harris:

Y4z8_YLml-o

aloneyetnotalone.com/

Ugh. If the Clay Walker at IMDB is the same Clay Walker that was a country music singer a few years ago, it looks like he might be drifting into the fundie circles (despite divorce and re-marriage). :( His official site doesn't mention the movie, though, or any other acting jobs (just performances on Fox & Friends and the Hour of Power).

Thanks for posting those clips, thoughtful. So I'm assuming that actress Kelly Greyson is the brazen hussy who renders this film non-family friendly?

Oh, and look whose book it's based on:

http://aloneyetnotalone.com/theauthor

Her father James Leininger made Vision Forum possible. Google it and you'll see plenty.

As one of the characters in "Muriel's Wedding" says again and again, "WHAT a coINcidence!!"

On the VF facebook page today, Dougie is advertising some movie that was screened at SAICFF. It is called "Alone Yet Not Alone". It is based on some book about a family that moves from Germany to the the US during colonial times or something (not really important). Apparently, the parents need to be aware of its drefrauding nature as one concerned commenter pointed out:

Well, I know I am setting myself up for criticisim for saying the following but my conscience leads me to give others warning. We saw this movie at the SAICFF and it was better than what you generally see in the theaters, BUT the young woman that plays the lead had "seductive eyes" with heavy eye make-up and a flirty attitude towards the end of the movie. If you are descriminating about what you expose your family to, beware. The message is a good one and if this kind of thing doesn't bother you, enjoy it.

I have a feeling he will be defecting from VF and taking up the wares of Steve Maxwell.

facebook.com/visionforum?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Thanks for posting those clips, thoughtful. So I'm assuming that actress Kelly Greyson is the brazen hussy who renders this film non-family friendly?

Oh, and look whose book it's based on:

http://aloneyetnotalone.com/theauthor

Her father James Leininger made Vision Forum possible. Google it and you'll see plenty.

I knew I forgot to post something I'd found -- yep, the story is Leininger family lore.

And yes, that is the flirtatious Kelly Greyson.

Hmm, did someone say seductive eyes and a flirty attitude?

paulnewmank.jpg

Be still my heart! Paul was so sexy!!

Quoted because a photo of Paul Newman is always worth a second look.

• 2 months later...

Thank you Thoughtful for directing me toward this thread. Holy Cow! There isn't an adjective strong enough to express my surprise at this turn of events. This is why I need to stop skipping threads because the ones I miss are always the one that have the best information.

Okay, I don't know Lutheran history in America so I have a few questions. Where Lutherans not allowed to practice their faith in other countries? Is this supposed to be during the Revolutionary War?

amazon.com/Alone-Yet-Not-became-freedom-ebook/dp/B00A69BREI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386688354&sr=8-1&keywords=alone+yet+not+alone

This is the book and you can view the first few pages. The family is German but in the film they sounded more Dutch to me. I am not good at placing accents though. According to the book the Lieningers bought the land from the Native Americans.

All the reviews are positive

"My thoughts- Tracy Leininger Craven writes on page 149, "...that those reading this book will be encouraged to run the race of life with undaunted faith and endurance-drawing strength from the author and finisher of our faith, Jesus Christ." And that is exactly what I intend to do. If Regina and Barbara could make it through all the hardships of being captured by the Allegheny warriors, then our simple problems of today, like broken electronics, shouldn't be such a issue.

I really admire Tracy Leininger Craven's dedication to the telling of her family's story. She has stuck with the telling of the story since she wrote the first draft at the age of nine. It is fun to read stories that have been years in the making.

I liked the portrayal of the kindness of some of the Allegheny Indians, the map in the front, and the parts of the hymn "Alone Yet Not Alone."

I recommend this book to everyone. I am looking forward to seeing the movie which is anticipated to open in 2013.

Disclosure of Material Connection- I received Alone Yet Not Alone: Their Faith Became Their Freedom by Tracy Leininger Craven for free from DJC Communications. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255. All links were current when posted."

The quoting of the Federal Trade Commision is a bit strange.

Archived