IGNORED

Question - Lindvallian Group

mrs

I was lurking at Puritan Board. I came across a thread about Gothard(puritanboard.com/f24/iblp-bill-gothard-31419/). One of the posters recommended staying away from the Lindvallian group.

Does anyone know about the Lindvallian group? I searched here and could not find anything. I am curious about how the group and how the group is connected to Gothard.

Also, I enjoy reading about small sects and movements.Does anybody have any recommendations? Are there any groups that fascinate you ?Groups I have found interesting:

Homestead Heritage -> texasobserver.org/heritage-of-abuse/ , homesteadheritage.com/

FLDS -> This is a great resource for learning about the FLDS(once you get past the Christian stuff) ->www.whatloveisthis.tv/

Church of Wells, You Must be Born Again -> thechurchofwells.com/ , faith.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3

Charity Christian Fellowship ->cminsider.wordpress.com/

I'm guessing they are referring to Jonathan Lindvall. He has written a lot about homeschooling/parenting/courtship. From what I remember--he's pretty extreme. Into betrothals and such.

It has to be Jonathan Lindvall of "Bold Christian Living." You can find info all over the net on him.

He's into betrothal, courtship, and extreme sheltering of the sort the Maxwells practice. The big thing with him is that children are fools, and you can't let children socialize with each other or no good comes of it, there should always be an adult present and the kids should be socialized by those adults.

Probably referring to Jonathan Lindvall. He was really popular in the 90's/early 2000's with the groups who were even too good for Gothard. I attended his conferences twice as a child and teen. Looking back, I can't even fathom the weirdness. I believe his children are in their mid-late 30's and just now some of them are marrying and moving out.

I Googled him, and found this:

Remember to be praying and fasting for Muslims to truly meet Jesus during their month of Ramadan (concluding this year at sundown on the 30th of August) as they fast during daylight hours, hungering to know God. May the Holy Spirit reveal Jesus to many, and seeds of the gospel bear fruit.

For Jesus’ pleasure,

Jonathan

Dear Douchebag:

Muslims have met Jesus. He's in the freaking Quran.

And "For Jesus's pleasure"? Are you selling some kind of ribbed Christian condoms?

Jonathan Lindvalls daughter is Bethany Lindvall, who is mentioned quite a few times, also in the infamous "I want my daughters future husband decide if she should be allowed to get a drivers licence" incident.

Apparently, she has a blog - but the last update is from january 2012. She was at this time not married: pleasuresforever . blogspot.co.at/

One of Lindvall sons has his wife betrothed to him in a "not asking her" ... ceremony?... .

And I think they are good friends with the Seppis.

Bethany Lindvall has a FB page which I'm able to view. In a post from July 25th, there is a picture of her with a man, and comments saying "what a happy couple", "congrats", etc.

Jonathan's facebook page is public. At least two of his sons appear to be married and have children. The latest grandchild has SEVEN names. He was born in May so you can scroll down and look at comments to see all his names.

Archived