IGNORED

Uriah Heep -- I wonder if Stevie has seen this?

WonderingInWA

The band is called Uriah Heep and the song is called "Wizard". You owe it to yourself to watch the whole thing (it's only 3 minutes).

This would make Steve's eyes bleed. Especially the close-up crotch shots at :39 and 1:26. And all the writhing bodies.

I think they should add it to their family music time at conferences. I can totally see Sarah being the gal in the mini-skirt doing the backup dancing.

The band is called Uriah Heep and the song is called "Wizard". You owe it to yourself to watch the whole thing (it's only 3 minutes).

This would make Steve's eyes bleed. Especially the close-up crotch shots at :39 and 1:26. And all the writhing bodies.

Isn't he in his 50s (like me?) If so, and if he didn't go anti tv anti radio fundie in the 70s, then I always assumed he had heard of this band. In fact, every time the bus is called by its name, I think of this band, LOL!

Stevie is in his 50s, so yes, it would be hard for him not to know who this band is. The lyrics to this song seem like the rockband version of a direction Stevie would have gone had he not rid himself of all evil media. Crazy asshat. But the irony is that he named his bus Uriah. Soooo funny.

If he hasn't seen it, he has now.

Hi, Steve! Thanks for reading. :nenner: :nenner:

Steve just turned 62 this week. He's got the same birthday as an ex of mine.

Steve just turned 62 this week. He's got the same birthday as an ex of mine.

Sarah's got a post up about his party. They had taco salad and pumpkin pie. And Mary made him an I-phone holder.

I always thought the bus was named after the revoltingly "'umble'" character in Dickens' _David Copperfield_. But perhaps Dickens is too modern and worldly for the Maxwells?

Stevie is in his 50s, so yes, it would be hard for him not to know who this band is. The lyrics to this song seem like the rockband version of a direction Stevie would have gone had he not rid himself of all evil media. Crazy asshat. But the irony is that he named his bus Uriah. Soooo funny.

Steve Maxwell: closet Black Sabbath fan club member?

I always thought the bus was named after the revoltingly "'umble'" character in Dickens' _David Copperfield_. But perhaps Dickens is too modern and worldly for the Maxwells?

I always think of Uriah Heep from David Copperfield, as well. Definitely one Dickens' creepiest characters. :ew:

Uriah Heep was one of my top 5 favorite bands when i was a kid!! along with king Crimson, Deep Purple, T-Rex, and Sweet, boy am i dating myself

Stealin', Easy Livin' oh yeah.....Great memories for me. Anyway back to the show.

ianthe wrote::

I always thought the bus was named after the revoltingly "'umble'" character in Dickens' _David Copperfield._

Either that or it's a heap, and they had heard the name Uriah Heep (either from the band or the book) and thought it would be a good name for their heap of a bus with no clue as to the context.

Uriah was cuckolded and killed by David. His wife was Bathsheeba, who bathed on the roof. David and B's baby was killed for what he did to Uriah.

/fun Bible tales

Archived