IGNORED

pompous asshole seeks nice christian girl

lilah

What happens when that hypothetical baby of his changes her size 0-2 figure? Maybe he specified "in 1-2 years" so he'll have time to finish building her Stepford Wife robot replacement in the garage. Shudder!!

Edit: And furthermore, if you can't spell LASIK, you probably shouldn't be allowed near anyone's eyeballs with a freakin' laser, OMGWTFBBQ.

I thought that at first too, but it turns out LASEK and LASIK are two different things.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/EyeHealthL ... id=8540962

The lack of insight is strong in this one... I meet a few of these criteria- you know execpt the super skinny, age and no-kids parts. Oh and the shred of interest in this guy one. That and the fact that I'm married already probably puts me out of the running. Darn it. :roll:

Thanks for the links to him. I'll make sure none of my family members ever go there.

I'm skinny and have no kids, so together, we could get 2 eyes done!

the size 0-2 makes no sense without a height restriction. A size 2 is going to look very different on a woman who is 5'4" than it will on a woman who is 5'9". A person who is 5'10" and a size 4 would be considered skinny.

So, he wants a skinny, nominally Christian trophy wife. Must like pets and be able to speak in complete sentences. :evil-eye:

Oooh, nothing makes me hornier than a guy who has a well-populated gmail contacts list.

This cannot be doing anything good for his medical practice.

the size 0-2 makes no sense without a height restriction. A size 2 is going to look very different on a woman who is 5'4" than it will on a woman who is 5'9". A person who is 5'10" and a size 4 would be considered skinny.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm under 5 feet and wear a size 1, but I'm in a healthy weight range. For 4'11", that's fine. For someone 5'11" that would be dangerously underweight. However, if I was in a size 10, I'd be quite overweight. Someone 5'11" would not be. Unless he wants a short woman, that would be an unhealthy size for a woman to wear. So, I fit nearly all his first list and a little of his others, but not Christian and I'm under his age range and didn't go to an Ivy League school and haven't pursued my masters degree or higher as of yet. No disappointment there though.

There's a range in what 'size 0' or 'size 16' even means from store to store, and from country to country. I know in Canada I'm a size 8-10. In the States, I'm more like a 6. So I'm a size 8, and I'm 5'8". Being a size 8 would look very different if I was 5'0", or 6'3". It's totally arbitrary.

This is actually motivating me to not lose too much weight, so that guys like this don't see me as a prospect! Haha.

Christian (any denomination is fine, I’m Catholic but not very religious, prefer any religion over none, must be religiously tolerant, will not be compatible with someone who thinks everyone else is damned)

I'm thinking the bolded would disqualify a great many of the fundie women.

Want to see what he's like to work for?

http://gawker.com/5891278/you-do-not-want-to-work-for-this-crazy-eye-surgeon

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The ' . . . but she never got me any lunch when she went out . . . .' just kills.

Imagine the little blue upchucking emoticon and the eyes-bugging-out one here, until I figure out how to add them on mobile. Words are failing me.

I do actually meet most of his "hard criteria", and some of the optional ones, too - he doesn't mention that you have to be an US-citizens, does he?

But I will never meet my potential soul mate because... *dramatic silence* I WEAR SIZE 4 or 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm devastated, perhaps he can give me free lipo in advance so I can live up to his standards and be happily ever after?

While his list of criteria says a lot about him, and makes it impossible to couple him with ay sensible woman, I do think the approach itself (reaching out to as many people as possible) is quite brave. The more people know you're looking, the more people can introduce you to potential mates. Paying them goes a bit far, though.

This is supposedly the doctor dremilchynnmd.com

I feel kind of sorry for him. He acknowledges that he has a 'unique personality'.

An Asian-Caucasian relationship? Kidist would never approve.

He sounds kind of like the supposed surgeon* my roommate went out on a date with. A very, very bad date.

*it turns out he was a faking, faker who fakes.

A school friend of mine encountered a guy like this. She met him on a dating site, they went on a date and from the get-go he pulled up a list of questions on his smart phone and began interrogating her. Questions like "which way do you place the toilet paper roll", "do you eat food past the expiry date", "do you believe in ghosts", "do you roll or squeeze the toothpaste", "what kind of underwear do you wear" and over 30 other questions of this type. After the questions she went to the restroom and came back to find him gone. When she got home she found a long message from him explaining that he left because he felt continuing the date was a waste of his time because she didn't answer the questions to his satisfaction. For instance, she refused the answer the underwear question and he called her a prude with no apparent sex drive. At least she could say she found out he was a douche from day one and didn't have to waste any more of her time on him.

A school friend of mine encountered a guy like this. She met him on a dating site, they went on a date and from the get-go he pulled up a list of questions on his smart phone and began interrogating her. Questions like "which way do you place the toilet paper roll", "do you eat food past the expiry date", "do you believe in ghosts", "do you roll or squeeze the toothpaste", "what kind of underwear do you wear" and over 30 other questions of this type. After the questions she went to the restroom and came back to find him gone. When she got home she found a long message from him explaining that he left because he felt continuing the date was a waste of his time because she didn't answer the questions to his satisfaction. For instance, she refused the answer the underwear question and he called her a prude with no apparent sex drive. At least she could say she found out he was a douche from day one and didn't have to waste any more of her time on him.

Sounds like somebody who can't tell the difference between a lover/SO/spouse and an employee. And should never, ever have any employees.

Well, I've met med students that are socially awkward and med students that are egotistical. I can see how some of them could morph into this personality years down the line! Maybe he was always awkward but that was overlooked because of his early successin school and career. Or perhaps his success nurtured his ego and narcissism. Now that he has money, maybe he's finding that smarts and money does not compensate for his ego and social awkwardness.

As for the actual listing of traits....well, I bet many people look for those items on the list, but it would be left unsaid. Choosing a mate based on race, weight and appearance is something we mostly internalize, not listed out and emailed to strangers.

This guy looks Asian so I will give the guy a break on some of his requirements as this is a cultural difference. A few are pretty standard for Asians when looking for mates. To Americans, it may seem baffling to be so fixated on things like school name and job status so early in a relationship. However, I find this standard practice in China and amongst other Asian cultures. Education and career are huge criteria, as are marital status and children. Being educated and successful himself, it's not unusual to want someone of the "same" level in Asian society. I've seen it with my parents and with my family in China.

My parents have dipped into the Chinese dating pool for me. Education, jobs and kids prospects would be listed similar to what this man says (although mentioned with far more tact). These criteria would be "screeners" filtered by the intermediate (either parents or matchmakers). Before the first date is even set, you already know the guy's education pedigree, financial prospects and social status (i.e doctor vs janitor), as well as height, weight and even family background! The actual date would be to get to know the other person, safe in the knowledge that the date is an "appropriate" match should you want to move the relationship forward.

I feel this doc, while sounding quite egotistical, also failed to realize the proper context for showing his list. While it may be fine in certain situations and cultures to do so, it is not appropriate on an email list to strangers. Furthermore, his waving of money is just tasteless, more reflective of his personality than any cultural reasons. The guy doesn't appear to want a fundie, submissive wife. He just seems to be missing a filter and appropriate social understanding of the modern dating scene.

My suggestion to him is to enlist his parents (as many Asians do) to do the work for him. They can show his list in a more in a more discreet and appropriate fashion, and he won't be the laughingstock of the internet!

Your friend's a better person than I am to sit politely through that list. I've got 17 years invested in the same relationship, but if I had been the one on that date, I can quite truthfully tell you I would have bolted immediately after he pulled out the smartphone list.

People don't enjoy being subjected to an interrogation on the first date. I had to give a friend of mine the 'ur doin it wrong' speech when she told me she was doing this on her first dates with guys. With one guy, she actually asked him, "What do you expect out of this relationship?" and was horrified when he replied "I'd like to talk to you, get to know you better and have sex." What, she didn't want him to be totally honest? That's kinda how many relationships begin! I didn't even meet the man and was willing to give him points for honesty. :lol:

See, if a guy started asking me questions like that, I'd answer him. "I actually don't believe in toilet paper." "I only eat food past the expiry date." "I am a ghost." "I don't use toothpaste, I use rubbing alcohol." "I wear a chastity belt." The trick is to do it all with a straight face and look politely baffled when he gets frustrated.

An Asian-Caucasian relationship? Kidist would never approve.

Ha! I was just thinking how much fun it would be to arrange a meeting between this guy and Kidist. I'd buy a ticket to that!!

My suggestion to him is to enlist his parents (as many Asians do) to do the work for him. They can show his list in a more in a more discreet and appropriate fashion, and he won't be the laughingstock of the internet!

Except he wants ONLY white women. No Asians allowed! And from my experiences dating Asian boys, their parents don't exactly know a lot of single white girls... and especially not a lot of single white girls who would meet Asian parents' dating standards.

So he's going to end up with a woman who doesn't actually like him, probably won't provide any emotional support, and spends all that money that he has too much of.

He could probably spend the money on a fembot.

Well, I've met med students that are socially awkward and med students that are egotistical. I can see how some of them could morph into this personality years down the line! Maybe he was always awkward but that was overlooked because of his early successin school and career. Or perhaps his success nurtured his ego and narcissism. Now that he has money, maybe he's finding that smarts and money does not compensate for his ego and social awkwardness.

As for the actual listing of traits....well, I bet many people look for those items on the list, but it would be left unsaid. Choosing a mate based on race, weight and appearance is something we mostly internalize, not listed out and emailed to strangers.

This guy looks Asian so I will give the guy a break on some of his requirements as this is a cultural difference. A few are pretty standard for Asians when looking for mates. To Americans, it may seem baffling to be so fixated on things like school name and job status so early in a relationship. However, I find this standard practice in China and amongst other Asian cultures. Education and career are huge criteria, as are marital status and children. Being educated and successful himself, it's not unusual to want someone of the "same" level in Asian society. I've seen it with my parents and with my family in China.

My parents have dipped into the Chinese dating pool for me. Education, jobs and kids prospects would be listed similar to what this man says (although mentioned with far more tact). These criteria would be "screeners" filtered by the intermediate (either parents or matchmakers). Before the first date is even set, you already know the guy's education pedigree, financial prospects and social status (i.e doctor vs janitor), as well as height, weight and even family background! The actual date would be to get to know the other person, safe in the knowledge that the date is an "appropriate" match should you want to move the relationship forward.

I feel this doc, while sounding quite egotistical, also failed to realize the proper context for showing his list. While it may be fine in certain situations and cultures to do so, it is not appropriate on an email list to strangers. Furthermore, his waving of money is just tasteless, more reflective of his personality than any cultural reasons. The guy doesn't appear to want a fundie, submissive wife. He just seems to be missing a filter and appropriate social understanding of the modern dating scene.

I gave him a break when I found out he was probably Chinese too.

One of my colleagues just had his possible future in-laws visiting from Beijing. The lengths that he went to so they would be happy with him were very surprising. Its not a normal thing in Australian culture for a guy fresh out of uni to spend thousands on designer bags & watches for his girlfriend's parents. But it seemed like something he felt he had to do.

Archived