IGNORED

Fundy thought job at chickfila would keep her from the gays

Nootbar

"Hello, may I help you?"

"Yes. My name is Janice. I am a lesbian and this is my girlfriend, Stephanie. We would like to order two chicken sandwiches and two orders of waffle fries. I'll have a large diet Coke and Steph will have a large ice tea. Did I mention that we are lesbians?"

I lol'd.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are comments on her blog that she clearly did not "edit" I am guessing FJers. Let's keep spamming her!

But it's not necessary to be nasty. Someone posted a profane comment, and I really think that's not productive and could even be damaging. If this is how she was raised to thnk she may truly not understand that there are alternate views. I feel more sadness for this girl than anything. Please don't perpetuate hate-- the people who responded to her with compassion will get more traction in potentially bringing about change...

I use "girlfriend" all the time to describe my friends. I wonder if anyone has every told her that in regular language, rather than fundy speak, girlfriend is used to refer to any female friends. All the people I mix with; lesbian, gay, straight, whatever, use the term "partner" when referring to their significant other. Nobody uses girlfriend or boyfriend if it is a serious relationship.

I would love to introduce her to my friends. I know some very effiminate men who are happily married (to a woman) with a brood of kids. I also know some very masculine, alpha male types, who go home and cook dinner with their boyfriend. Picking peoples sexuality based on appearance is a really dodgy activity.

And you always hope that you don't have to serve those disgusting, unnatural (Rom. 1:26-27) people, but for some reason, you're the one who usually has to do the serving to them.

WTF?

(And I've noticed that none of these people are pretty or good-looking at all...just an observation.)"

Yes, because physical attractiveness is the ultimate test as to whether a person is a worthy human being.

Most of the time I hear women/girls refer use the word girlfriend, they are just talking about their close friends.

I posted the following:

"You know the vast majority of gay people don't fit the stereotype right? You have no way of knowing if someone is gay or straight unless you straight up ask them. Lots of manly men, football players, and church-goers are gay. So any customer you interact with could be gay, regardless of how they look or act...

Also, have you ever stopped to think that those very smelly people may be homeless? Homeless people don't smell too great because, ya know, they don't have a place to shower or wash their clothing. They also don't always "look" like the typical homeless people, but still may have an odor to their clothing.

It doesn't sound like you are growing, nor doing it gracefully. It sounds pretty judgy. I don't remember love thy neighbor having a caveat that says "unless they are gay, smelly, or you think they're ugly"."

I think the hate is still there, but it's hard to boycott every business that you disagree with. This is why a lot (but not all) boycotts fail or only succeed on a small scale.

This boycott did succeed for the most part, though. It wasn't so much care that CFA had homophobic views, at least in my social circle. It was CFA's practice of funding anti-gay hate groups that was the real problem. CFA no longer funds the Family Research Council, Exodus International and a few other groups that were considered egregious hate groups. The boycott may not have changed CFA's mind about homosexuality, but it did go a good way towards changing their behavior.

Although I'd say they still have a ways to go, this was a huge first step.

http://www.advocate.com/business/2013/0 ... ble-giving

I'm kind of surprised that gay people go there. I thought it was a boycott worthy place, from what I've read in the media.

I think she said she works with gays. How would she know that customers were gay? I also doubt that customers come in and cuss when they place their orders.

I decided to write a comment:

Hello, Rachel

I came across this blog randomly and found this post. It's been a few months, so I wonder if things are going better now and I hope you have grown in grace.

Though you are not realizing it, many of your words are coming across negatively. By this I mean, it sounds self-righteous and that you believe you are better than the co-workers and customers you are serving. I know you are not intending to come across that way, but it is evident in your wording.

Being sheltered isn't all bad, but I think being too sheltered is. I was not sheltered the way you were. My family was Christian and we went to church and all, but we all went to public school, wore pants/shorts/skirts/dresses/whatever and did outside activities. All good parents want to shelter their children as long as possible from the harsh realities of life, but one day they must learn about it.

Most of those drug users are probably suffering deeply. Homeless people are often mentally ill. Alcohol and drug addicts are often trying to kill the pain inside that we can't see. They don't need chastisement, but support.

It's actually hard to tell who is homosexual and who isn't. Most women talk call their female friends their girlfriends, but there's nothing sexual about their relationship. Most likely a woman talking about her awesome girlfriend is talking about a platonic friendship.

As for the men asking you out, I wouldn't be so dismissive. A lot of people have met their future spouses at food places. My parents met at a pizza place and have been married for 30 years so far. Another couple I knew met when he told her she was rather pretty (she was the cashier) and the second time they met up, talked longer and have been married for close to 40 years so far. Some men may be just trying to be jerks, but others may genuinely like you.

So, try to not be so dismissive of anyone who may not be like you. As Ian MacLauren said, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." You don't know what's going on in the lives of those around you and what their lives are like. Life is harsh and cruel and unfair and some people have it far, far, far worse than you do. Try and remember that and humble yourself as an equal, not a superior. We all bleed the same color and cry the same tears.

But it's not necessary to be nasty. Someone posted a profane comment, and I really think that's not productive and could even be damaging. If this is how she was raised to thnk she may truly not understand that there are alternate views. I feel more sadness for this girl than anything. Please don't perpetuate hate-- the people who responded to her with compassion will get more traction in potentially bringing about change...

I completely agree! We need to use our comments to create change not make more hate. There were some really good ones before that nasty one that even used Bible verses (in a really good way) to show her love was the way. This is the way to reach someone who puts so much credit in the Bible any use of profanity will make her dismiss you 100%

I didn't look around the blog all that closely, but is it possible she's just a troll character pretending to be a fundie?

Something just seems off....

Sorta OT, but while we are talking Chick-Fil-A, I thought I would share what I saw while on my way home from church a bit ago. As we all know, CFA is very proud not to be open on Sundays because its founder is a big conservative Christian and yadda yadda yadda. I happen to pass by one that is between my church and my home. Usually on Sundays, it's locked up tighter than a hatband; and that's noticeable because when it's open on weekdays, there is generally a minor traffic jam around it. But today (Sunday), I noticed some cars in the lot, and something written, perhaps in chalk, on the windows--something about a princess. I wonder: could Chick-Fil-A be open on Sundays for a paying customer who wants a Sunday birthday party for their kid? And if so, how does this jibe with the Never On Sunday policy espoused by Truett Cathy?

Maybe the blogger has a point--the company policy indicates one thing, but when it comes right down to it, who cares because its all about business.

All that said, their chicken sandwich really is the best in the business IMO.

I live an hour from a CFA and have 2 gay friends who will drive it just to get some chikn, lol! If it was still peanut oil, I'd understand but I think it is kinda gross now.

And I call my boyfriend my boyfriend. We live together, the whole everything, but he is my boyfriend. :shrug:

UT I know a couple of women who are preachers who call their women friends girlfriends (never have, a partner type gf is a gf to MY speak, to tell people apart in speech lol) so this chick could be all :shock: at a preacher talking about her best friend lmao!

I just had to share this video about Chick fil a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw Warning: Probably not safe for work unless your employer has a great sense of humor. Contains drag queens singing the praises of Chick fil a.

This is the first time I have posted a youtube link on this site, so if I've done anything wrong, please let me know.

ETA: Okay I think I finally got the link right.

I wonder how many of her co-workers purposefully curse profusely and/or pretend to be homosexual because they know it will get her riled up? And I agree that calling a female your "girlfriend" doesn't necessarily imply that one is homosexual.

I worked in fast food for 7 years in high school and college (at godless heather Wendy's) and guarantee that I could care less if a customer was gay, straight, sober, drugged out, clean, smelly, hairy, blue, green, etc, as long as they weren't rude. Because its a minimum wage job, not a test of one's morals. :roll:

Re: working. I went to high school with a baptist preacher's daughter. Skirts only, women stay home no more educated than the law requires, the whole nine yards. Well, his church split over some arcane bible interpretation and the remaining tithes weren't enough to support the family, so he sent his 16 year old daughter out to work full time at Burger King, in pants, no less.

I always wondered what happened to her. She longed for a normal life and college. I hope she's happy.

Poor fundy girl.

We quit Chick-fil-A after learning our $$ were going to fund hate groups-- I'd rather eat my chicken without hate. But the cool thing is that a local gay couple (with a few other successful restaurants) bought a Zaxby's franchise and set up shop two doors down from a busy CFA, and they are doing just fine. The chicken tastes better, too. The best thing about it is that among their employees are teenagers formerly from the shelter who identify as LGBT and lost family support. They get a steady job, opportunity for education, and stability working here. I feel fed in body & soul when I go there to eat and know my money is supporting the real right, not the mean Right.

Is this one of Raquel's BESTIES?

Sounds to me like she would consider pants wearing, sexting, boy mad Raquel a harlot whose salvation was in question.

Sounds to me like she would consider pants wearing, sexting, boy mad Raquel a harlot whose salvation was in question.

But surely the love of hating teh gayz would bond them... :angry-banghead:

Archived