IGNORED

Fundy thought job at chickfila would keep her from the gays

Nootbar

"I thought that getting a job at Chick-fil-A would be the best place to avoid having to work with homosexuals and people with foul mouths. But it's not like that. I work with both those kinds of people and they enjoy talking about it. There's supposedly even a rule - no cussing or inappropriate language, but no one follows it, not even the boss. And I realized pretty quick that just because the founder of Chick-fil-A had a certain set of morals doesn't mean that everyone who works at a Chick-fil-A has the same set of morals."

"Your customers are girls who can't shut up about how great their girls-friends are; guys coming in dressed extremely effeminate. And you always hope that you don't have to serve those disgusting, unnatural (Rom. 1:26-27) people, but for some reason, you're the one who usually has to do the serving to them. (And I've noticed that none of these people are pretty or good-looking at all...just an observation.)"

growingwgrace.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-sheltered-life-exposed.html

Wow. Just wow. This is one of the most un-Christlike attitudes I think I've ever seen...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm a girl (meaning that at age 20 I'm not allowed to do all the things that my older brothers were when they were 20)"

"I was quite the rebellious girl a few years ago. Perhaps not so much in deed as I was in thought, but I had my moments. I seriously considered running away a few times just to get away from all the strict rules that were put in place by my dad. I didn't think it was fair that my brothers could do things at age 14, 17, 18, and 20 that I wasn't allowed to do at those ages. I wanted to wear pants (I did once, but got caught...), I even wanted to cut my hair a little shorter, and believe it or not, I even wanted to get a tattoo (I didn't know of what, just that I thought it would be cool to get one)."

:( She's clearly a pretty awful person going by the rest of her post, but this made me feel sad.

"I'm a girl (meaning that at age 20 I'm not allowed to do all the things that my older brothers were when they were 20)"

"I was quite the rebellious girl a few years ago. Perhaps not so much in deed as I was in thought, but I had my moments. I seriously considered running away a few times just to get away from all the strict rules that were put in place by my dad. I didn't think it was fair that my brothers could do things at age 14, 17, 18, and 20 that I wasn't allowed to do at those ages. I wanted to wear pants (I did once, but got caught...), I even wanted to cut my hair a little shorter, and believe it or not, I even wanted to get a tattoo (I didn't know of what, just that I thought it would be cool to get one)."

:( She's clearly a pretty awful person going by the rest of her post, but this made me feel sad.

It is sad. I wonder what happened when she got caught wearing pants... Ugh.

I don't know what kind of gay people are frequenting that Chick-Fil-A, but I think it's much more likely that she is seeing them through hate-colored ugly lenses than that the gays are actually ugly. Gay men, in fact, tend to be better looking than straight men as their features tend to be more symmetrical.

She sounds like such a delight, I'm sure her coworkers love working with someone who is openly reluctant to serve many customers, is openly disdainful of their lives and language and who shares bible verses as explanation........

She sounds like such a delight, I'm sure her coworkers love working with someone who is openly reluctant to serve many customers, is openly disdainful of their lives and language and who shares bible verses as explanation........

People who are that judgmental should just not be in any service industry.

"I used to picture it as a house or a shed that I was never permitted to leave."

Interesting choice of words, huh?

"You get customers you know have been doing drugs because you can smell it on them. And I'm telling you, it is not a nice smell. It's all I can do sometimes to keep from wrinkling my nose and stepping away from the counter or even asking someone else to finish serving the customer. As soon as I'm done taking their order, I'll get as far away from them as possible to try to get a breath of fresh air and I'll almost hold my breath when I hand them their food."

How does she know what drugs smell like? I wonder if she has confused "smell of doing drugs" with "smell because is homeless".

So, has anybody followed along with her? Why was working outside the home forbidden a couple of years ago but apparently okay now?

To be honest I think some of the chikfila hating has stopped...I know some gay people who go to chickfila because regardless of their views they make a great chicken sandwich.

A lot of gay people don't keep up with gay politics. I also wonder if all the people she thinks are gay really are. I'm sure she's exaggerating on some things; how many girls are really going to tell a cashier all about their girlfriends?

"You get customers you know have been doing drugs because you can smell it on them. And I'm telling you, it is not a nice smell. It's all I can do sometimes to keep from wrinkling my nose and stepping away from the counter or even asking someone else to finish serving the customer. As soon as I'm done taking their order, I'll get as far away from them as possible to try to get a breath of fresh air and I'll almost hold my breath when I hand them their food."

How does she know what drugs smell like? I wonder if she has confused "smell of doing drugs" with "smell because is homeless".

I assumed she was talking about the smell of weed, which is pretty easy to pick up on. Are there any other drugs that are easy to smell?

I'm going to go out on a limb and think about the girls talking about their girlfriends are often referring to platonic friends who are girls, and many of the men who dress effeminately are straight. In fact, many of the homosexuals that she has served have probably given her no indication of their sexuality in the 2 minute interaction of ordering fast food...

She also needs to learn how to use adverbs.

So, has anybody followed along with her? Why was working outside the home forbidden a couple of years ago but apparently okay now?

She doesn't say why it was that her Dad now allowed her to get a job outside the home. Maybe he just wanted her to STFU about it.

I don't know what kind of gay people are frequenting that Chick-Fil-A, but I think it's much more likely that she is seeing them through hate-colored ugly lenses than that the gays are actually ugly. Gay men, in fact, tend to be better looking than straight men as their features tend to be more symmetrical.

I'm curious, has there been a study or something about this? That's interesting about the facial symmetry if true, and I really wonder why it would happen?

And some of these guys have the nerve, rudeness, and audacity to ask me out!

One of my college friends met her husband when he was working at the McDonalds in her dorm. As he handed her the food, he said, "Nice eyes." Several weeks later, she gave him a note with her phone number. And let's not forget Zach Bates meeting his girlfriend/courtee? at a Sonic. Harassment is never ok, but many people have found their loves at a fast food restaurant.

I'm curious, has there been a study or something about this? That's interesting about the facial symmetry if true, and I really wonder why it would happen?

One single tiny study released last year shows straight men have more symmetrical faces than gay men.

http://www.examiner.com/article/can-the ... nce-gaydar

I

I'm kind of surprised that gay people go there. I thought it was a boycott worthy place, from what I've read in the media.

No self-respecting gays frequent Chick-fil-a.

Are we sure this blogger is for realz? She sounds SO insane that it could be a budding novelist testing the waters.

To be honest I think some of the chikfila hating has stopped...I know some gay people who go to chickfila because regardless of their views they make a great chicken sandwich.

My best friend is gay and he'll go out of his way for a CFA sammy. He loves that stuff.

"Your customers are girls who can't shut up about how great their girls-friends are; guys coming in dressed extremely effeminate. And you always hope that you don't have to serve those disgusting, unnatural (Rom. 1:26-27) people, but for some reason, you're the one who usually has to do the serving to them. (And I've noticed that none of these people are pretty or good-looking at all...just an observation.)"

This type of thing always makes me laugh. "Here, if I say something awful and add a little scripture in parenthesis afterwords, it means I'm right because JESUS!"

:music-tool:

I think the hate is still there, but it's hard to boycott every business that you disagree with. This is why a lot (but not all) boycotts fail or only succeed on a small scale.

And some of these guys have the nerve, rudeness, and audacity to ask me out!

As long as she's not being harassed, what's the problem? I've had both customers and co-workers ask me out, and I went out with some of them. People meet and hook up this way all the time.

A lot of gay people don't keep up with gay politics. I also wonder if all the people she thinks are gay really are. I'm sure she's exaggerating on some things; how many girls are really going to tell a cashier all about their girlfriends?

"Hello, may I help you?"

"Yes. My name is Janice. I am a lesbian and this is my girlfriend, Stephanie. We would like to order two chicken sandwiches and two orders of waffle fries. I'll have a large diet Coke and Steph will have a large ice tea. Did I mention that we are lesbians?"

Archived