IGNORED

The Truth About Ruth - Part 2 - Merge

happy atheist

Koala, I don't know if this will help at all -- I hope you know that I generally admire and agree with your posts (especially when the subject of people whipping children comes up!).

Palimpsest happens to be someone I know IRL, so I hear her voice in my head when I read her posts. I can guarantee that she did not mean to be dismissive or bossy. She is one of the least bossy people I've ever met, and I've only ever heard her be dismissive of tools like Doug.

The comment about letting things go was to comfort people who are still frightened of pile-ons, not about letting go of caring about RR.

And I'm just as sure she was trying to make sure OddEverything didn't feel pressured to do more, not to tell her to stop. I'm sure she doesn't feel that is her place, and I know she wants all of the truth to come out.

As ever, we are all dealing with the fact we are just words on a screen to one another -- I know you have no reason to believe me, and that this may come off as my defending her because I know her. But, I really see a clear case of "that wording didn't work for that person, they are misunderstanding one another" (in fact, I just refreshed the thread in another window, and see that she admits her wording was bad), so I thought I'd throw it out there.

Back to Ruth --

Thanks, Thoughtful. That is exactly what I meant. Unfortunately, I seemed to be typing with my foot in my mouth for that post. Live and learn.

Yes, Thoughtful and I know each other IRL, and I was the person who introduced her to FJ. :D

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been out of town for a little while (my daughter has had some cardiac issues) and I'm having trouble catching up. Would anyone mind giving me a summary of events?

Is anyone else wondering why on earth her blog is still up?

Has she even figured out she's been caught? I mean, it's only been 2 days... and she's not exactly a frequent poster.

Is anyone else wondering why on earth her blog is still up?

I will give you my theory based on mostly gut feeling and just having done a lot of poking around the last few days.

She has a separate email for paypal and "regular" email. I suspect the only one she checks with any regularity is the paypal one (the important one in her mind).

The rest of the time "ruth" is barely a blip on her radar. I really think she just logs on the blog, checks her email and checks in here and any other forums once every couple weeks or once a month to remind people she's still around and if funds are running low to give out some new sad story to refill the coffers a bit.

That's the only thing I can think of to explain why there has been no change in public settings on any of her things and the RR blog is still live. There has also been no blow back from any of her "real life" supporters.

Can I just share this from PM here?

I've had the Douala's. I think they're handy. They're not healing incarnate and they're not a substitute for a husband, mate, or good friend who loves you. But, they'll do. Their sole duty is to hold you hand and cheer lead you on without actually involving Mylar and spanky pants. They move your favorite pillow and give you scalpel massages, totally understanding that that little hair on your head is a mental barrier for your baby's entrance to the world.

Douala is a city in Cameroon. And scalpel massages sound very dangerous.

possummomma.blogspot.com/2009/02/labor-and-delivery.html

She posted a rambling this morning to try and justify RR identity. I think it will take more pressure before she gives up this persona.

Shes probably busy pretending to be a cancer patient who desperately needs money for surgery, or the unemployed homeless mother of micropreemie triplets who cant afford to pay medical bills, or pretending her house burned down and she needs money to replace stuff on about five other forums, which is why she updates so infrequently.

She posted a rambling this morning to try and justify RR identity. I think it will take more pressure before she gives up this persona.

The last entry I see is from 6/30...where is this morning's post?

The last entry I see is from 6/30...where is this morning's post?

Yes, it just disappeared along with some other posts that included the drama of the twisted ovary. She even had a post trying to justify why she went back to work so soon. I did not get screen shots though :|

I'd just like to give a big THANK YOU to my wonderful Jingers -- For those of us who were largely "sucked in" to the story, it feels like there is little judgement in the way of "OMG I can't BELIEVE you were fooled by that obvious scamming liar!" It's nice to be able to process the situation, even just via reading the posts. Kumbaya, peeps.

ETA: Last comment right now on RR blog is from "World is Roses" -- can't tell if the blog is satire or a set-up for another RR situation.

I can see the twisted ovary post and the one justifying going back to work so soon. Am I missing something?

Check again in 10-30 min. She may be blocking IP's or user names.

I will give you my theory based on mostly gut feeling and just having done a lot of poking around the last few days.

She has a separate email for paypal and "regular" email. I suspect the only one she checks with any regularity is the paypal one (the important one in her mind).

The rest of the time "ruth" is barely a blip on her radar. I really think she just logs on the blog, checks her email and checks in here and any other forums once every couple weeks or once a month to remind people she's still around and if funds are running low to give out some new sad story to refill the coffers a bit.

That's the only thing I can think of to explain why there has been no change in public settings on any of her things and the RR blog is still live. There has also been no blow back from any of her "real life" supporters.

That makes sense.

I sure hope World of Roses is a satire post...

From looking at the blog it links back to, that comment has to be either satire or one of RR's newer socks/scams. No way is that real.

From looking at the blog it links back to, that comment has to be either satire or one of RR's newer socks/scams. No way is that real.

I'm leaning toward satire, since it's so obvious. Wouldn't she be sneakier if it was a new sock/scam?

Here's some great PM material that shows why RR/Ofduggar slipped up in the TWOP posts!

On the eve of my wedding to PDaddy, I wrote a note to P1 and P2 explaining why I divorced their ex-PDaddy. I said a variety of things in the note. One important point, to me, was that they knew that despite any of the bad choices I, or my ex, made, they were not us and should not see genetic relationships as a harbinger of their future. Particularly because my ex was unfaithful and other negative character attributes: I did not want P2 to think that he was "cursed". Some people may think that's odd, but... it was necessary. My ex repeated, almost action for action, the actions of his father (abandoning his children for good, leaving a wife w/children in financial ruin, and cheating). At one point in our marriage, my Ex-MIL had said (about my ex-Husband), "His apple didn't fall far from the tree." I thought that was a horrible thing to say and it made me wonder if she had a part in his self-confidence when it came to marriage.

I also wrote the letter as an apology to P1 and P2. They didn't choose to be born. And, in some ways, I still feel like I let them down (with regards to my first marriage). I got married out of a feeling of obligation to the Catholic Church and P1. I thought marrying my boyfriend would make him a good father. Of course, that's not how it works. I apologized to them because I knew he and I weren't ready for marriage, but I didn't stop it. But, at the same time, P2 came out of that marriage. I wouldn't change that for the world. P2 doesn't remember his bio dad. He was so little when we split.

possummomma.blogspot.com/2008/08/truth-and-lies.html

I'm astounded by the excellent sleuthing that is going on. Thanks everyone!

I'm leaning toward satire, since it's so obvious. Wouldn't she be sneakier if it was a new sock/scam?

If Ashleigh and all the little Leighs run away to start a new non-fundie sleeveless sparkly dresses wearing life, watch out.

If Ashleigh and all the little Leighs run away to start a new non-fundie sleeveless sparkly dresses wearing life, watch out.

What are you all looking at, please? The last post I can see on the RR blog is the June 30th "Plea."

Thanks.

I need to know what this post said. Was it on the Razing Ruth blog? What did she say in the post? Do you remember the title? How did she try to justify it?

I've been out of town for a little while (my daughter has had some cardiac issues) and I'm having trouble catching up. Would anyone mind giving me a summary of events?

I'm so sorry about your daughter. Has to be really stressful. :( I hope she is doing much better now.

A member here found a post where "Ruth" posted on another site (TWOP) as "ofDuggar" about having had a baby. Of course, this is not in her story she posts on her blog. Lots and lots of inconsistencies, all carefully laid out (but buried somewhere in this thread). Once everyone knew she was fake, other members connected her to "PossumMomma" who was a prolific Atheist blogger who had several sock puppets (one was PennMommy on a Gosselin forum; She's also Jayhawk, who posts on hysterectomy forums). It appears they are all the same person. Huge scam artist.

Crazy huh?

Check out OddEverything's post here...it details a lot of the inconsistencies:

www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php ... 53#p583153

I need to know what this post said. Was it on the Razing Ruth blog? What did she say in the post? Do you remember the title? How did she try to justify it?

I was skimming and not paying particular attention to detail. I could have misread something or even a date. I have had a busy week and I am feeling it tonight. I am in my jammies ready for bed.

What are you all looking at, please? The last post I can see on the RR blog is the June 30th "Plea."

Thanks.

The last comment on Ruth's June 30th Plea post is from "World is Roses". Click on that user name and you can go to the person's SAHM blog which is rather new and awesomely over the top fundie-bad. So much so it seems pretty fake. Woman's name is supposedly Ashleigh with children's names all ending in "leigh" as well.

Archived