IGNORED

The Summer Modesty Wars: Teaching Kids!

Anise

I think the human body is rather beautiful and notice what people (male and female) look like and how their clothing affects it. Doesn't mean I'm running round aroused 24/7! Doesn't mean I'm having mindsex with them all! Doesn't mean I want to rip their clothes off and see them naked!

Know what else I find beautiful and notice? Flowers :D Fundie logic should demand that I expect all flowers to be covered up so that I don't notice them and want to pick them, even if they are in someone else garden.

If fundies must objectify females, it isn't that hard to teach a child that it may look, but not touch. Of course they could try the novel idea that we all seem to have, that females aren't objects....

I was just having this conversation with MrMiggy. I was watching Tour de France and pointed out that cyclists are pretty close to my idea of the perfect male. (Climbers, not sprinters. Climbers are well muscled all over but not bulky. Perfection.) However, I am capable of admiring these men without getting aroused or feeling the need to go and jump one of them. MrMiggy is a huge fan of ballet. He doesn't actually like the shape of a dancers body but he admires the beauty of the dancing. As with me, he can watch without there being anything sexual. We both find it sad that fundies don't make any distinction between noticing beauty and sexual arousal. It must make for some very difficult marriages for people who have grown up being taught that everything must be suppressed.

God forbid these fundies take their kid to an art museum. They wouldn't be able to handle all the "loveliness." Talk about your son missing out!

Anyway, this is totally a fake, manufactured problem that exists only in Fundy Fantasy Land. This lady and her husband are giving their son a complex for no damn reason.

Wouldn't it be nice if they could figure out the difference between nudity and sex? People can be naked and there can nothing sexual about it.....

I have a big problem when sex is constantly being shoved in my face ('scuse the pun) but not the slightest issue with nudity (of others, I'm too shy to be a nudist)

edit to add more info

Archived