IGNORED

The Summer Modesty Wars: Teaching Kids!

Anise

So the Time-Warp Wife today published an article contributed by another: time-warp-wife.blogspot.ca/2013/06/if-she-only-knew-thoughts-on-modesty.html?m=1

Because children must be taught to struggle, even young boys.

:evil-eye:

Oh FFS - these people are insanely obsessed with sex.

I am pissed that the author taught her son the whole "women are sexual objects" at such a young age. I know plenty of well-adjusted teenage boys who have seen lots of women in skimpy swimwear and are still able to address them as human beings. In fact, the only guys I know who are unable to look at a woman (wearing pretty much anything) and not control their thoughts are those good "Christian" boys :roll:

Most of the ladies there were dressed for a hot summer day. Many with bare skin exposed. Lots of bareness. Yikes, again. Who would have thought he'd have to wrestle with it here?

I noticed a pretty girl nearby and wondered if she realized how difficult she was making it for a guy. Surely, she would have made another choice if she had. She might have thrown a light blouse on over her tank top. Slipped on a longer, breezy skirt. Picked out some walking shorts or a shirt with a higher neckline. She might have covered herself up.

If she only understood how hard he's trying to do the right thing. She might have dressed differently. For his sake. For the sake of all the men out there who want to walk in purity.

If she only knew that the way she dressed up meant a good man needed to look down. He had to turn away from her beauty. That he was missing out on her loveliness because she was showing him more than he was meant to see.

Or your son might just learn how to deal with the fact that OMG women dress to be comfortable.

If he's so good, then he should be able to act like an adult, face a little temptation, and not need to be accommodated by every single woman around him. I am part of the "camisole under lower cut shirt" crowd but not because I don't want you to look in the vicinity of my chest (the girls are hard to miss!) but because I don't want to worry about bending over and flashing skin at the waist, and a lot of shirts do not come down low enough. Again, me being comfortable. Not allowed in their circles.

Fuck teach the kid how to rub one out so he is not looking at his feet and insulting everyone. The paranoia only amplifies sexual desire makes it more attractive. Nothing like trying ot take dressing advice from people who lived 3000 years ago.

Most of the ladies there were dressed for a hot summer day. Many with bare skin exposed. Lots of bareness. Yikes, again. Who would have thought he'd have to wrestle with it here?

I noticed a pretty girl nearby and wondered if she realized how difficult she was making it for a guy. Surely, she would have made another choice if she had. She might have thrown a light blouse on over her tank top. Slipped on a longer, breezy skirt. Picked out some walking shorts or a shirt with a higher neckline. She might have covered herself up.

If she only understood how hard he's trying to do the right thing. She might have dressed differently. For his sake. For the sake of all the men out there who want to walk in purity.

If she only knew that the way she dressed up meant a good man needed to look down. He had to turn away from her beauty. That he was missing out on her loveliness because she was showing him more than he was meant to see.

He needed to look down? He had to turn away? Oh, noes-- how terrible! Does he have a strained neck? Does it cause him pain to turn his head?

No? You just object to him having to exercise any effort to avoid assaulting a stranger? Then I don't know what to tell you, except that you need to get over yourselves, sharpish.

She misses something very obvious: Her son does not seem to struggle with lustful thoughts induced by ads and scantily clad teenagers - he struggles with the standard of "averting his eyes" his family imposed upon him!

I have absolutely zero intention of ever covering up for the benefit of anyone's "purity", but this goes double on a hot day. If you want to swelter in layers on a 90 degree day to appease men who supposedly can't control themselves, knock yourself out. I'll be over here in my short shorts and tank top.

"He was missing out on her loveliness"? Good grief maybe she should teach her son that women aren't objects to be gawked at.

:lol: When its been 30C every day for a month(the SH Summer was the complete opposite of the NH winter this year!) the likelihood of me wearing anything more than short shorts & a tank top is exactly 0%.

Its normal for teenage boys to have some 'impure' urges. These women are just raising boys who won't be able to get an erection without being beaten with a piece of PVC pipe by a women wearing a frumper & high necked blouse by the time they are 30.

:lol: When its been 30C every day for a month(the SH Summer was the complete opposite of the NH winter this year!) the likelihood of me wearing anything more than short shorts & a tank top is exactly 0%.

Its normal for teenage boys to have some 'impure' urges. These women are just raising boys who won't be able to get an erection without being beaten with a piece of PVC pipe by a women wearing a frumper & high necked blouse by the time they are 30.

:lol: :lol: :lol: EXACTLY!

From the comments section:

If a young (or old) man looks upon you and has lust or commits adultery with you in his mind or personal body then you have just become joined to him spiritually because that is how sex works. You,too, are now guilty of sexual sin because you were the temptress who planted the seed of lust

:pink-shock:

Sounds an awful lot like "She deserved it since she was wearing a short skirt", doesn't it?

I can't wait to tell my husband I am a "mind adultress"! I wonder how many men I am sexually joined with....I am such a ho!

Sounds an awful lot like "She deserved it since she was wearing a short skirt", doesn't it?

Scary. Terrifying. Woman blaming.

Love the comment from the woman whose new husband would shun her if her attire were ever at all "immodest". They must have a great sex life.

I do not understand why a parent would be pleased to see her son stumbling through a store running into things while staring at his feet to avoid seeing a poster of a woman in lingerie. Could he perhaps just not stare at it if it "tempts" him so much? And how risque could said poster be at Target which doesn't even sell much beyond bras, underwear and basic sleepwear? I asked that question on the blog but I doubt the comment will be published.

Gimme a friggin break! If you "want to walk in purity", then walk in purity because that is your choice. And the ability to make a personal choice has ZERO to do with how the opposite sex dresses. Get over you pious selves.

When we had horses that spooked easily, we'd use blinders on the bridles so they had a very narrow field of vision. It seems to me that putting blinders on your child would serve the same purpose. You wouldn't want your darling to get knocked off the path of righteousness by the mere glimpse of a female in a bikini top.

When we had horses that spooked easily, we'd use blinders on the bridles so they had a very narrow field of vision. It seems to me that putting blinders on your child would serve the same purpose. You wouldn't want your darling to get knocked off the path of righteousness by the mere glimpse of a female in a bikini top.

Perhaps they should all just outfit their sons with this thing:

http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/ ... vator_5000

It takes a dirty mind to keep the copy clean, and these folks have very very dirty minds.

These purity worshipers really are perverts. They are completely obsessed with sex, it's consumes their every waking (and probably sleeping) moment. They are also so horrified by their obsession with sex that they pass the blame (and hence the guilt) on to others. In other words, their perversions are not their fault, it's the other guys.

Their attitudes do more to objectify and dehumanize other human beings than any bra ad out there.

The saddest part is that they are 'training' their children to have the same sex obsessed attitude. Why don't they teach their sons, daughters, and themselves, that first, it's wrong to judge others by their apperance. Secondly, teach them that they are responsible for their own thoughts and actions.

Come to think of it, the whole passing of blame is sort of a sick version of Christs command to 'love others as you love yourself'. They are passing hate and guilt instead of love. All because they can't deal with their own sexual identities.

"He was missing out on her loveliness"? Good grief maybe she should teach her son that women aren't objects to be gawked at.

YES. Thank you for noticing this, too.

People keep saying that women who dress "immodestly" are asking to be stared at. But this quote has taught us a valuable lesson- maybe the best way to NOT be stared at is to dress immodestly. If you wear shorts, all the fundie guys look at their Nikes. If you wear long sleeves, all the fundie guys stare. I'll take the fundie-repellent shorts, thanks.

So the Time-Warp Wife today published an article contributed by another: time-warp-wife.blogspot.ca/2013/06/if-she-only-knew-thoughts-on-modesty.html?m=1

Because children must be taught to struggle, even young boys.

:evil-eye:

You could teach them to look at their shoes...or, yaknow, girls/women's faces.

Also, the way the address modesty and "sexual temptation" is so counterproductive. Yeah, point out billboards and such you don't want your son looking at...

Like Margaret Atwood's handmaids--they wear wimples that have blinders. I think she has it a bit backwards, though: if women are temptresses, the -men- should be wearing the blinders. LOL!

Edited for riffles.

YES. Thank you for noticing this, too.

People keep saying that women who dress "immodestly" are asking to be stared at. But this quote has taught us a valuable lesson- maybe the best way to NOT be stared at is to dress immodestly. If you wear shorts, all the fundie guys look at their Nikes. If you wear long sleeves, all the fundie guys stare. I'll take the fundie-repellent shorts, thanks.

I get harassed just as much by guys when I wear fundie-approved clothes (I wear skirts most of the time, so sometimes I end up looking kind of fundie in the winter) as when I wear shorts and a t-shirt. It's just different guys. It doesn't matter what you wear - if you are female, some man will find a way to sexualize you.

It takes a dirty mind to keep the copy clean, and these folks have very very dirty minds.

These purity worshipers really are perverts. They are completely obsessed with sex, it's consumes their every waking (and probably sleeping) moment. They are also so horrified by their obsession with sex that they pass the blame (and hence the guilt) on to others. In other words, their perversions are not their fault, it's the other guys.

Their attitudes do more to objectify and dehumanize other human beings than any bra ad out there.

The saddest part is that they are 'training' their children to have the same sex obsessed attitude. Why don't they teach their sons, daughters, and themselves, that first, it's wrong to judge others by their apperance. Secondly, teach them that they are responsible for their own thoughts and actions.

Come to think of it, the whole passing of blame is sort of a sick version of Christs command to 'love others as you love yourself'. They are passing hate and guilt instead of love. All because they can't deal with their own sexual identities.

Couldn't agree more.

I have the dirtiest mind on the planet. I am forever having to stop myself from giggling at innuendo that only I am hearing or seeing and I don't see a 10th of the SEXAY things that fundies do!

I think the human body is rather beautiful and notice what people (male and female) look like and how their clothing affects it. Doesn't mean I'm running round aroused 24/7! Doesn't mean I'm having mindsex with them all! Doesn't mean I want to rip their clothes off and see them naked!

Know what else I find beautiful and notice? Flowers :D Fundie logic should demand that I expect all flowers to be covered up so that I don't notice them and want to pick them, even if they are in someone else garden.

If fundies must objectify females, it isn't that hard to teach a child that it may look, but not touch. Of course they could try the novel idea that we all seem to have, that females aren't objects....

Archived