IGNORED

Why I am a Republican

jericho

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I coulda sworn you were found to be a sock and banned... :?

I coulda sworn you were found to be a sock and banned... :?

Yeah, I think it's a weird "coincidence" that two trolls, Jericho and ScaryGirl (on another thread), randomly posted on the same day...

Yeah, I think it's a weird "coincidence" that two trolls, Jericho and ScaryGirl (on another thread), randomly posted on the same day...

Omg that's scary. I wonder if we can expect more trolls today. Is Jericho the one who wanted to criminalize abortions?

Guest Anonymous

Wow, that video was really terrible. His reasons are awful and it is just shameless, bald condescension and manipulation of the black community. The references to the government as 'overseers' on a 'plantation' is a horrific abuse to the memory of the slaves. I also have this real bugbear with Republicans invoking the historical Republican Party as if it is a meaningful reason to vote Republican today. It's not. If someone is going to dick you over here and now, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference if they would have been nice to you in 1863. Not to mention the basic dishonesty of invoking the Civil Rights movement without mentioning the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. And pretty much all of his points fall into the categories of black people = poor people, black people = slaves, black people = criminals and losers...

I can't remember why he got put in the prayer closet, but it sure it weird as hell that after months of being gone two trolls show up on the same night. Maybe scarygirl is Jericho's wife?

And Jericho, dear, while your here, I do hope you will tell us if you figured out how the plan b pill works because one of the last times you were here you just made a complete fool of yourself about that. :lol: It was one of your best moments, right up there with the early 1900's being a great time period for poor children. And people like you who are ignorant about issues like that is one of the huge problems with the Republican party as it exists today(don't talk about what they did in the past, that kind of is irrelevant to their actions today). They just can't stop being the stupid party who says and does really stupid things, just like you.

They could just be the same person.

I read a couple of progressive news sites. One is a happy, happy place because the paid Republican operatives/trolls somehow don't even manage to get accounts. The other has seen a marked decline since 2008 in terms of both quality of journalism and quality of discussion. It is getting as bad as the Huffington Post. The only way to deal with posts from these types is to either remove them completely as troll droppings or don't engage at all the in the discussion. That has to be frustrating for the poor troll- the fact that no one really cares enough about his silly posts to even engage the topic.

I have always wondered why people do this. This post for example, obviously just got a lot of eyerolls and whatevers because of the OP's reputation. It's actually pretty interesting- why do trolls troll? What do you guys think?

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIt's the day before Friday!!!

Thursday shall henceforth be known as Trollsday.

They could just be the same person.

I read a couple of progressive news sites. One is a happy, happy place because the paid Republican operatives/trolls somehow don't even manage to get accounts. The other has seen a marked decline since 2008 in terms of both quality of journalism and quality of discussion. It is getting as bad as the Huffington Post. The only way to deal with posts from these types is to either remove them completely as troll droppings or don't engage at all the in the discussion. That has to be frustrating for the poor troll- the fact that no one really cares enough about his silly posts to even engage the topic.

I have always wondered why people do this. This post for example, obviously just got a lot of eyerolls and whatevers because of the OP's reputation. It's actually pretty interesting- why do trolls troll? What do you guys think?

I think Jericho does it because he really, really wants to prove us liberal women wrong. He usually fails at this task which is why he will run away when he gets proven wrong, but he keeps trying. The Plan B thread still makes me giggle because he so thought he was schooling us in how the pill worked and he didn't have a clue how the pill even worked. :lol:

Well, then that is just sad! Poor fellow. Do they make pills to cure that?

Wow, that video was really terrible. His reasons are awful and it is just shameless, bald condescension and manipulation of the black community. The references to the government as 'overseers' on a 'plantation' is a horrific abuse to the memory of the slaves. I also have this real bugbear with Republicans invoking the historical Republican Party as if it is a meaningful reason to vote Republican today. It's not. If someone is going to dick you over here and now, it doesn't make a damn bit of difference if they would have been nice to you in 1863. Not to mention the basic dishonesty of invoking the Civil Rights movement without mentioning the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965. And pretty much all of his points fall into the categories of black people = poor people, black people = slaves, black people = criminals and losers...

I am watching the video and just got to his statement about the Republican party's past. However, he doesn't mention that the Republican party was taken over by white southerners who were for segregation and against the civil rights. So, the Republican party of today is not the Republican party of 1863.

How he jumps from that fact to liberalism being obsessed with control, I don't know. He says that charity is meant to control black people? I've been on food stamps. Except for financial consideration, I didn't have any conditions put on my receiving them so how was I being controlled.

The Republican party has no real way to help people out of poverty. I'm not wild about the Democrats either. However, I know that doing things like cutting education spending, not investing in our country infrastructure, not having a universal health care system, fighting endless wars all hurt our nation.

He is using the type of emotional uplifting speech that Republicans use to get the lower middle class and poor people to not act in their own interests.

And I have a pet peeve about saying that 'parents must be the decision makers not government'. I think that children should have the right to be educated, kept healthy and not be afraid. So, I do support some government intrusion into our lives. There are bad parents and there are parents who love their kids but make crappy decisions that can hurt their children(Like giving a five year old a gun)

Just to let you guys know: If Jericho replies to this thread (or any thread at all, for that matter), his posts need to be approved before they will appear. He won't be as lively a "debater" as before, because there will be an inevitable time lag.

Can someone please, please, please give me the link to the plan b thread? I've been having a subpar day and could really use a laugh.

Thanks in advance.

Just to let you guys know: If Jericho replies to this thread (or any thread at all, for that matter), his posts need to be approved before they will appear. He won't be as lively a "debater" as before, because there will be an inevitable time lag.

Yeah, since the new board started I got put in an "approval" status. Not sure why since everything I've posted since then has been published. I guess someone was afraid of what I might say, but nothing has been bad enough to censor yet.

I was also blocked from the worldly topics forum or whatever it was called. Not sure what I did to cause this, but apparently someone was scared of me.

Here's a thread where jericho proves he/she has no idea how Plan B works- viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14483

Thank you for posting the link. One of my favorite things to do on a boring afternoon is watch an idiotic right-wing conservative troll make a fool out of himself. Here's his nugget of "wisdom" (snort) from that thread:

Oh really? Well if the morning after pill isn't abortion then I guess there is no need to take it, right? I mean, why take medication that doesn't do anything? So the pill doesn't cause an abortion, and women are taking it for that reason, then I guess there it no need for them to take it.

:laughing-rolling:. What a dumbass.

Another big problem with that video is that it is very out of date. Other than the obvious problems with equating the platforms of the two parties 150 years ago- the welfare dependency claims are outdated. For almost twenty years there have been limits on how long families can receive welfare and work requirements in place for able bodied adults. Those changes were made by President Clinton, a Democrat. Also, if the Republican party is all about personal freedom then they should be supportive of marriage equality.

Somebody please tell me why I should care why Jericho is a Republican, because why just like a sheep, agree with absolutely one political ideal. I think I am Labour in my country, sometimes I disagree. I think I may be for devolution. But sometimes I question it. There are conservative political ideals in my country I agree with, and liberal. But when I vote I tend to look at what will be best for my country, for me (hey, we all do :)) then I weight it all up. Then I vote.

OH wait. He's just an unintelligent prick. Sorry forgot myself for a moment :lol:

That Senator started out as a Republican, switched and got voted in, voted conservatively, then switched again. He's more or less always been Republican. Oh, and what insulting BS about plantation politics etc.

I was also blocked from the worldly topics forum or whatever it was called. Not sure what I did to cause this, but apparently someone was scared of me.

:laughing-rollingyellow: I'm not sure what you did either, but thanks for the free entertainment. :laughing-rollingyellow:

I'm puzzled as to why you think we want to know why you are a Republican.

Besides, we already know. It's because you are a fuckwit who doesn't give a shit about anyone else and has no understanding of the man you supposedly follow.

Uh oh, someone needs a history lesson.

Lincoln did not view really blacks as "political and social equals" (his words in his debate with Douglas in 1858) and in fact wanted to ship them off to Liberia-- as in, "Land of Freedom" because it was founded in part by former slaves. Emotional appeal fail #1.

MLK, Jr. did not consider himself a Republican and in fact criticized Goldwater (whom he strongly opposed) for "outdated conservatism." That's in his autobiography. Emotional appeal fail #2.

Archived