IGNORED

Why I am a Republican

jericho

So...I need to paint my toenails when I wear sandals when I go up to my favorite lake here soon. What's a good color to wear?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for posting the link. One of my favorite things to do on a boring afternoon is watch an idiotic right-wing conservative troll make a fool out of himself. Here's his nugget of "wisdom" (snort) from that thread:

:laughing-rolling:. What a dumbass.

It really is wonderful isn't it! :lol: Oh Jericho, please come back and talk to us about plan b. Pretty please!!!!

I'm puzzled as to why you think we want to know why you are a Republican.

Besides, we already know. It's because you are a fuckwit who doesn't give a shit about anyone else and has no understanding of the man you supposedly follow.

Republicans offer no solutions. They want to keep doing the same things that are destroying our country. I vote Democrat only because they are the best of two bad choices. However, I would listen to any party that had good, workable ideas. The Republican party doesn't have any new ideas so I won't be changing my voting pattern any time soon.

So...I need to paint my toenails when I wear sandals when I go up to my favorite lake here soon. What's a good color to wear?

For toes I can think of NO better color than OPI Big Apple Red. A true retro classic red. It makes toes happy.

Only a government weighing fewer than 15 lbs. can fit in my uterus, so I understand the need for a small one.

I say go nuts on toes. Turquoise, purple, bright pink, or all of the above. I am doing navy next.

It really is wonderful isn't it! :lol: Oh Jericho, please come back and talk to us about plan b. Pretty please!!!!

You could have just admitted you didn't understand what it was or how it worked in this thread. No need to resurrect the old one.

As you wish. Check out the other thread. You should see this post in about two hours I'm guessing.

Five minutes I had this approved in! Whoosh! :auto-layrubber: (that's me, being fast)

As you wish. Check out the other thread. You should see this post in about two hours I'm guessing.

Five minutes I had this approved in! Whoosh! :auto-layrubber: (that's me, being fast)

You could have just admitted you didn't understand what it was or how it worked in this thread. No need to resurrect the old one.

The other thread is not posting my comments anyway. Maybe I'm not approved for the "snark" forum. I had posted some links that disputed the fact that Plan B doesn't cause abortion 100% of the time, but I'll have to go find those links again.

No problem FG, I always enjoy your conversations with Jericho.

Jericho, as far as I know the previous administration put you in approval status. When we went through the transition there was a vote as to whether to keep you and shewholaughs (I think??) in there. The majority voted to keep you in. That is the situation as far as I know it. If you want it cleared up (because these vague half remembering are insufficient) you might want to PM Curious.

No problem FG, I always enjoy your conversations with Jericho.

Jericho, as far as I know the previous administration put you in approval status. When we went through the transition there was a vote as to whether to keep you and shewholaughs (I think??) in there. The majority voted to keep you in. That is the situation as far as I know it. If you want it cleared up (because these vague half remembering are insufficient) you might want to PM Curious.

Well, there's a problem with that. I don't have PM privileges. Oh well.

The other thread is not posting my comments anyway. Maybe I'm not approved for the "snark" forum. I had posted some links that disputed the fact that Plan B doesn't cause abortion 100% of the time, but I'll have to go find those links again.

1. Your comments will not appear in any threads until they are approved.

2. They will be approved as long as they are on topic.

3. You have not tried to post anything about Plan B in the entire time I have been a Helpmeet, which is going on 6 months.

4. Earlier in this thread you said:

Yeah, since the new board started I got put in an "approval" status. Not sure why since everything I've posted since then has been published. I guess someone was afraid of what I might say, but nothing has been bad enough to censor yet.
which proves, by your own admission, that nothing you have wanted to post has been denied.

Well, there's a problem with that. I don't have PM privileges. Oh well.

But you do have email, right? We Helpmeets are mighty, but we do not yet have the power to disable the email of fuckwits.

But you do have email, right? We Helpmeets are mighty, but we do not yet have the power to disable the email of fuckwits.

Pity. :lol:

Let me guess, they will be from anti-choice sites?

1. Your comments will not appear in any threads until they are approved.

2. They will be approved as long as they are on topic.

3. You have not tried to post anything about Plan B in the entire time I have been a Helpmeet, which is going on 6 months.

4. Earlier in this thread you said:

which proves, by your own admission, that nothing you have wanted to post has been denied.

1. All my comments have been approved on this thread. The one on the other thread has yet to show up.

2. It was very much on topic in the other thread.

3. I posted it earlier this afternoon following the topic link being resurrected. I have no other way to see topics in "snark".

4. I said that BEFORE I posted the comment in "snark" forum which hasn't showed up yet. So it was true as of my writing it.

I really don't care if it shows or not. I was just referencing those who brought up the topic of me not responding to Plan B in this thread.

You people need to chill out in here. From calling me a liar without knowing the full situation, to banning me from certain forums and putting "approval" lock down on my account for no reason, some of you really must have a inferiority complex.

Let me guess, they will be from anti-choice sites?

One was from Christianity today and the other I forget the source but it was a report from a doctor who is registered with planned parenthood.

Guest Anonymous

Are we ever going to find out why Jericho likes that stupid video? It is a really bad video. I just can't get over how flawed it is.

Now that I think about it, Jericho said:

Wow. I've never heard anyone describe it any better.

Maybe he was just being literal. Maybe he has 'never heard anyone describe it any better' because he has only ever heard people describe it incredibly badly.

Are we ever going to find out why Jericho likes that stupid video? It is a really bad video. I just can't get over how flawed it is.

Now that I think about it, Jericho said:

Maybe he was just being literal. Maybe he has 'never heard anyone describe it any better' because he has only ever heard people describe it incredibly badly.

Here is the transcript of the video. My favorite part in red. Feel free to pick apart what YOU think is wrong or right. It will make good discussion.

“Hello, my name is Elbert Lee Guillory, and I’m the senator for the 24th district right here in beautiful Louisiana. Recently I made what many are referring to as a ‘bold decision’ to switch my party affiliation to the Republican Party. I wanted to take a moment to explain why I became a Republican, and also to explain why I don’t think it was a bold decision at all. It is the RIGHT decision — not only for me — but for all my brothers and sisters in the black community.

You see, in recent history the Democrat Party has created the illusion that their agenda and their policies are what’s best for black people. Somehow it’s been forgotten that the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an abolitionist movement with one simple creed: that slavery is a violation of the rights of man.

Frederick Douglass called Republicans the ‘Party of freedom and progress,’ and the first Republican president was Abraham Lincoln, the author of the Emancipation Proclamation. It was the Republicans in Congress who authored the thirteenth, fourteenth, and fifteenth amendments giving former slaves citizenship, voting rights, and due process of law.

The Democrats on the other hand were the Party of Jim Crow. It was Democrats who defended the rights of slave owners. It was the Republican President Dwight Eisenhower who championed the Civil Rights Act of 1957, but it was Democrats in the Senate who filibustered the bill.

You see, at the heart of liberalism is the idea that only a great and powerful big government can be the benefactor of social justice for all Americans. But the left is only concerned with one thing — control. And they disguise this control as charity. Programs such as welfare, food stamps, these programs aren’t designed to lift black Americans out of poverty, they were always intended as a mechanism for politicians to control black the black community.

The idea that blacks, or anyone for that matter, need the the government to get ahead in life is despicable. And even more important, this idea is a failure. Our communities are just as poor as they’ve always been. Our schools continue to fail children. Our prisons are filled with young black men who should be at home being fathers. Our self-initiative and our self-reliance have been sacrificed in exchange for allegiance to our overseers who control us by making us dependent on them.

Sometimes I wonder if the word freedom is tossed around so frequently in our society that it has become a cliché.

The idea of freedom is complex and it is all-encompassing. It’s the idea that the economy must remain free of government persuasion. It’s the idea that the press must operate without government intrusion. And it’s the idea that the emails and phone records of Americans should remain free from government search and seizure. It’s the idea that parents must be the decision makers in regards to their children’s education — not some government bureaucrat.

But most importantly, it is the idea that the individual must be free to pursue his or her own happiness free from government dependence and free from government control. Because to be truly free is to be reliant on no one other than the author of our destiny. These are the ideas at the core of the Republican Party, and it is why I am a Republican.

So my brothers and sisters of the American community, please join with me today in abandoning the government plantation and the Party of disappointment. So that we may all echo the words of one Republican leader who famously said, ‘free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last.’

Why I am NOT a Republican (oh let me count the ways, but this link really really underscores it):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lican.html

See, minorities, we want to bring you into the fold. Unless you need birth control or an abortion or the right to work and get some kind of equal pay. But we need you cause it's killing us in elections. So we welcome all minorities and women into the tent (after all, we have parties that need tables waited on and lawns mowed and child care provided). So, come in, but sit in the back of the bus and shut the fuck up because only old white men can have input.

I'm starting to think that Republican men need to suck on male genitalia because the permanent foot in their mouths must get old.

I'm sure this has been pointed out to Jericho, but it bears repeating:

1. The medical definition of pregnancy starts at implantation. Since Plan B suppresses ovulation, there will be no fertilization and thus nothing to implant.

2. Plan B does NOT prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. The International Consortium for Emergency Contraception AND the International Federation of OB-Gyn agree that emergency contraception pills

"Do not inhibit implantation:

Two studies have estimated effectiveness of LNG ECPs by confirming the cycle day by hormonal analysis (other studies used women’s self-reported cycle date). In these studies, no pregnancies occurred in the women who took ECPs before ovulation; while pregnancies occurred only in women who tookc ECPs on or after the day of ovulation, providing evidence that ECPs were unable to prevent implantation.

A number of studies have evaluated whether ECPs produce changes in the histological and bio-

chemical characteristics of the endometrium. Most studies show that LNG ECPs have no such effect on the endometrium, indicating that they have no mechanism to prevent implantation.

One of these studies found that following administration of double the standard dose of LNG, there are only minor or no alterations in endometrial receptivity.

One study found a single altered endometrial parameter only when LNG was administered prior to the LH surge, at a time when ECPs inhibit ovulation.

One study showed that levonorgestrel did not prevent the attachment of human embryos to a

simulated (in vitro) endometrial environment.

Animal studies demonstrated that LNG ECPs did not prevent implantation of the fertilized egg in

the endometrium."

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/p ... h_2012.pdf

Archived