IGNORED

Why I am a Republican

jericho

1. All my comments have been approved on this thread. The one on the other thread has yet to show up.

2. It was very much on topic in the other thread.

3. I posted it earlier this afternoon following the topic link being resurrected. I have no other way to see topics in "snark".

4. I said that BEFORE I posted the comment in "snark" forum which hasn't showed up yet. So it was true as of my writing it.

I really don't care if it shows or not. I was just referencing those who brought up the topic of me not responding to Plan B in this thread.

You people need to chill out in here. From calling me a liar without knowing the full situation, to banning me from certain forums and putting "approval" lock down on my account for no reason, some of you really must have a inferiority complex.

There are currently zero posts awaiting approval on the entire site.

This thread is in Snark, ie Quiver Full of Snark. You have access to Quiver Full of Snark, or you would not be able to see it or post here.

You do not have access to Chatter. That's one of the restrictions of the group you are in.

eta - I just checked to see where the Plan B thread is, to confirm that it's in Snark. It is. There was a post awaiting approval when I got there.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Doesnt cause abortion 100% of the time" That is a great phrase. Not as great as "do sex with each other" but still funny.

Guest Anonymous

So, jericho, this is your favourite bit?

You see, at the heart of liberalism is the idea that only a great and powerful big government can be the benefactor of social justice for all Americans. But the left is only concerned with one thing — control. And they disguise this control as charity. Programs such as welfare, food stamps, these programs aren’t designed to lift black Americans out of poverty, they were always intended as a mechanism for politicians to control black the black community.

The idea that blacks, or anyone for that matter, need the the government to get ahead in life is despicable. And even more important, this idea is a failure. Our communities are just as poor as they’ve always been. Our schools continue to fail children. Our prisons are filled with young black men who should be at home being fathers. Our self-initiative and our self-reliance have been sacrificed in exchange for allegiance to our overseers who control us by making us dependent on them.

What did you like about this? Was it the intentional misrepresentation of liberalism? The conflation of poverty with blackness? The portrayal of black men as criminals and absentee fathers? The truly disgusting reference to overseers and, by extension, slavery?

Edited: Wording.

One was from Christianity today and the other I forget the source but it was a report from a doctor who is registered with planned parenthood.

So your proof that Plan B is an abortifacient comes from a conservative Christian magazine (magazine, not peer reviewed journal) and a lone doctor that may or may not exist (since you conveniently forgot the source)?

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

My smilies are really getting a workout today because of you. I always knew you were a troll, but I didn't realize you we're this ignorant. And ignorant you are if you think that pathetic attempt at providing "evidence" is going to fly at FJ. Come back when you learn how to read an actual research article, until then I hope you keep your nuggets of shit to yourself.

I'm sure this has been pointed out to Jericho, but it bears repeating:

1. The medical definition of pregnancy starts at implantation. Since Plan B suppresses ovulation, there will be no fertilization and thus nothing to implant.

2. Plan B does NOT prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. The International Consortium for Emergency Contraception AND the International Federation of OB-Gyn agree that emergency contraception pills

"Do not inhibit implantation:

Two studies have estimated effectiveness of LNG ECPs by confirming the cycle day by hormonal analysis (other studies used women’s self-reported cycle date). In these studies, no pregnancies occurred in the women who took ECPs before ovulation; while pregnancies occurred only in women who tookc ECPs on or after the day of ovulation, providing evidence that ECPs were unable to prevent implantation.

A number of studies have evaluated whether ECPs produce changes in the histological and bio-

chemical characteristics of the endometrium. Most studies show that LNG ECPs have no such effect on the endometrium, indicating that they have no mechanism to prevent implantation.

One of these studies found that following administration of double the standard dose of LNG, there are only minor or no alterations in endometrial receptivity.

One study found a single altered endometrial parameter only when LNG was administered prior to the LH surge, at a time when ECPs inhibit ovulation.

One study showed that levonorgestrel did not prevent the attachment of human embryos to a

simulated (in vitro) endometrial environment.

Animal studies demonstrated that LNG ECPs did not prevent implantation of the fertilized egg in

the endometrium."

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/p ... h_2012.pdf

Let me quote a portion of this link

http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/mailbag/letters-to-the-editor/morning-after-pill-causes-an-abortion/article_a9f1268b-52f3-5932-b35e-5e3e5ce1aa2c.html

Older medical books defined pregnancy as starting when the egg is fertilized, that is, from conception. A few years ago, that term was modified to start only when the fertilized egg was implanted in the uterus. That definitional change was purely political to justify the newer drugs that work by destroying the fertilized egg before implantation, that is, by abortion. “Contraception†originally meant “against conception†not “against implantation.â€

Jericho, are we to believe that Plan B is like Sex Panther cologne: 60 percent of the time it works every time?

So, jericho, this is your favourite bit?

What did you like about this? Was it the intentional misrepresentation of liberalism? The conflation of poverty with blackness? The portrayal of black men as criminals and absentee fathers? The truly disgusting comparison to overseers and, by extension, slavery?

Well lets see....

Was it the intentional misrepresentation of liberalism? - I didn't see any misrepresentation at all. Just the honest truth that doesn't get shared much in the mainstream media.

The conflation of poverty with blackness? - Mr. Guillory, who is a black man, was addressing how certain social issues relate to the black community. He in no way eluded that the black population is the ONLY social group that suffers from poverty.

The portrayal of black men as criminals and absentee fathers? - Are you not aware of the fact that the black population has a higher than normal percentage of men dealing with these issues? Should that fact just be ignored so as not to be considered "racist"?

The truly disgusting comparison to overseers and, by extension, slavery? - It's an analogy that rings true and is more than fitting coming from a black man.

So your proof that Plan B is an abortifacient comes from a conservative Christian magazine (magazine, not peer reviewed journal) and a lone doctor that may or may not exist (since you conveniently forgot the source)?

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

My smilies are really getting a workout today because of you. I always knew you were a troll, but I didn't realize you we're this ignorant. And ignorant you are if you think that pathetic attempt at providing "evidence" is going to fly at FJ. Come back when you learn how to read an actual research article, until then I hope you keep your nuggets of shit to yourself.

I really feel sorry for you and people like you on here. What a sorry life you must live when you have to attack someone because they don't agree with you or believe like you do.

Why I am NOT a Republican (oh let me count the ways, but this link really really underscores it):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lican.html

See, minorities, we want to bring you into the fold. Unless you need birth control or an abortion or the right to work and get some kind of equal pay. But we need you cause it's killing us in elections. So we welcome all minorities and women into the tent (after all, we have parties that need tables waited on and lawns mowed and child care provided). So, come in, but sit in the back of the bus and shut the fuck up because only old white men can have input.

I'm starting to think that Republican men need to suck on male genitalia because the permanent foot in their mouths must get old.

Any smart Republican (and I'm starting to wonder if there are any) should realize that you can't out liberal a liberal. Amnesty won't bring them millions of immigrant voters any more than being pro-abortion, or pro LGBT would bring any more votes. Now if I could only get the republicans in congress to figure this out.

I'm starting to think that Republican men need to suck on male genitalia because the permanent foot in their mouths must get old.

Too bad Dems don't ever put their foot in their mouth.

politicker.com/2013/06/state-legisaltors-slam-anthony-weiner-for-lack-of-moral-courage

thisainthell.us/blog/?p=29688

usnews.com/news/blogs/ballot-2012/2012/08/15/top-gaffes-from-the-mouth-of-vice-president-joe-biden

huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/09/harry-reid-negro-comment-_n_417406.html

wral.com/voller-apologizes-for-rape-comment/12410000/

Right wing Christian Free Jingerite here.

I think you should take your stupid video & shove each & every kilobyte into your bung hole or/& urethra.

Personaly I like bright reds for toes. Right now I'm weating "Mon cherry" by revlon. But on topic I am an indepent and try to weight my descion on who is best when I vote.

Personaly I like bright reds for toes. Right now I'm weating "Mon cherry" by revlon. But on topic I am an indepent and try to weight my descion on who is best when I vote.

I also like red toenails as well and happen to have on Ruby Pumps by China Glaze on my toenails right now.

I really feel sorry for you and people like you on here. What a sorry life you must live when you have to attack someone because they don't agree with you or believe like you do.

1) jericho, I feel sorry for you. Doesn't your description pretty much perfectly describe yourself?

2) Way to rebut the valid points about citing real science if you want to be listened to. Pull out a (very weak, btw) emotional strawman. You did not answer the post you quoted in any way, shape, or form.

Idiot. We're not beating on you because we "don't agree with you or believe like you do." We're laughing at you because your arguments are so incredibly weak, and your defenses of them are so easily knocked down. When you can put your big boy panties on, and have a discussion that doesn't resort to using strawmen, outright lies, and running away like brave Sir Robin, then we might respect you. Until then, you're good for a laugh. Thanks for relieving the third-trimester insomnia of this (pro-choice) woman.

I also like red toenails as well and happen to have on Ruby Pumps by China Glaze on my toenails right now.

Oh I have that, its gorgeous. I love having Ruby Pumps on my tips & For Audrey on my toes. Ode to Judy & Audrey.

My favourite polishes are OPI Elephantastic Pink, OPI Catch Me In Your Net, OPI A Grape Fit & China Glaze IDK (HOLOGRAPHIC!)

I know that we are doing the pedicure procedure on Jericho but I wanted to go through his favorite parts of the video point by point

You see, at the heart of liberalism is the idea that only a great and powerful big government can be the benefactor of social justice for all Americans

Actually, he is setting up a strawman created by Republicans to misrepresent liberalism.

First of all, WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT. We vote for our representatives and are partly responsible for the problems we are having.

Liberalism is ultimately about bringing more people into the fold so that they too can be successful. Liberalism is about giving people the tools that they need to pull themselves out of poverty, such as an education or the ability to be hired despite their race, sex or disability.

I'd like to know how Jericho would have ended segregation or forced southern companies to hire African Americans, women, the disabled, older workers etc without government getting involved.

And they disguise this control as charity

Another strawman

Programs such as welfare, food stamps, these programs aren’t designed to lift black Americans out of poverty, they were always intended as a mechanism for politicians to control black the black community.

Many people have been on welfare/food stamps and ended up doing better in life. Vry few people remain on welfare for more than five years. Like my family, many find jobs before the seven months mark.

Less than 7 months 19%

7 to 12 months 15.2%

1 to 2 years 19.3%

2 to 5 years 26.9%

Over 5 years 19.6%

In another thread, you said that you thought private charities should care for the poor.

The idea that blacks, or anyone for that matter, need the the government to get ahead in life is despicable. And even more important, this idea is a failure. Our communities are just as poor as they’ve always been. Our schools continue to fail children. Our prisons are filled with young black men who should be at home being fathers. Our self-initiative and our self-reliance have been sacrificed in exchange for allegiance to our overseers who control us by making us dependent on them.

Why is it despicable to say that we all can be vulnerable? 38% of welfare users are white, by the way.

Sadly, poverty has always existed in America. My mother grew up with an alcoholic father and a mom that had to work. She knew real hunger as a child and I've talked to other older people from the forties and fifties who experienced similar childhoods. Is that what you want to go back to, Jericho? At least now, children like my mom wouldn't starve and would at least get some type of medical care.

statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

As far as the prison population. I think that the prison population would decrease if we legalized drugs. However, my opinion is not shared by most people. I tend to be a bit libertarian thinking in my ideas that humans own their own bodies and should be able to do stupid/harmful things to their own property.

Laws are often applied differently according to race. This means that a young, black guy caught with pot will get different treatment than a young middle class, white guy.

By the way, I found a site with a lot of statics on it for any of you who need unbiases sources

http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

I've tried to engage with Jericho before but I think that he/she ignores my posts. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment or just weird but I like taking apart some of what is posted by Jericho and pointing out the inconsistencies.

Liberals often get accused by those on the right of being too emotional. However, I think that it is the right who is very emotional. Instead of concrete ideas they offer a lot of very high sounding platitudes. Notice the video offered no solution, just a lot of appeal to people's pride. The right offers nothing.

What is sad is that moderate conservatives probably have some good ideas but they get drowned out by the far right hold on their party so we never hear those ideas.

They could just be the same person.

I read a couple of progressive news sites. One is a happy, happy place because the paid Republican operatives/trolls somehow don't even manage to get accounts. The other has seen a marked decline since 2008 in terms of both quality of journalism and quality of discussion. It is getting as bad as the Huffington Post. The only way to deal with posts from these types is to either remove them completely as troll droppings or don't engage at all the in the discussion. That has to be frustrating for the poor troll- the fact that no one really cares enough about his silly posts to even engage the topic.

I have always wondered why people do this. This post for example, obviously just got a lot of eyerolls and whatevers because of the OP's reputation. It's actually pretty interesting- why do trolls troll? What do you guys think?

salon.com, perchance?

I've tried to engage with Jericho before but I think that he/she ignores my posts. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment or just weird but I like taking apart some of what is posted by Jericho and pointing out the inconsistencies.

Liberals often get accused by those on the right of being too emotional. However, I think that it is the right who is very emotional. Instead of concrete ideas they offer a lot of very high sounding platitudes. Notice the video offered no solution, just a lot of appeal to people's pride. The right offers nothing.

What is sad is that moderate conservatives probably have some good ideas but they get drowned out by the far right hold on their party so we never hear those ideas.

He really does ignore your posts. We have all already heard Jericho's solution to poverty, let everything be like the oh so wonderful early 1900's. Back when private charities took care of the poor is such a wonderful way. :roll:

It used to be believed that life didn't start until quickening, the time the woman could feel movement. So the first anti-abortion law, which was actually intended to protect women it is called the anti-poisoning bill, allowed abortions up until quickening which is usually the second trimester. So those people back in 1821 wouldn't have been bothered by the morning after pill.

So I'm not sure what your point is, that the idea of when life begins has changed through out time?

You are quoting a letter to the editor. In other words, the inexpert opinion of someone who agrees with you. I am quoting a peer-reviewe medical research consortium.

Here is the transcript of the video. My favorite part in red. Feel free to pick apart what YOU think is wrong or right. It will make good discussion.

“Hello, my name is Elbert Lee Guillory, and I’m the senator for the 24th district right here in beautiful Louisiana. Recently I made what many are referring to as a ‘bold decision’ to switch my party affiliation to the Republican Party. I wanted to take a moment to explain why I became a Republican, and also to explain why I don’t think it was a bold decision at all. It is the RIGHT decision — not only for me — but for all my brothers and sisters in the black community.

You see, in recent history the Democrat Party has created the illusion that their agenda and their policies are what’s best for black people. Somehow it’s been forgotten that the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an abolitionist movement with one simple creed: that slavery is a violation of the rights of man.

Frederick Douglass called Republicans the ‘Party of freedom and progress,’ and the first Republican president was Abraham Lincoln, the author of the Emancipation Proclamation. It was the Republicans in Congress who authored the thirteenth, fourteenth, and fifteenth amendments giving former slaves citizenship, voting rights, and due process of law.

The Democrats on the other hand were the Party of Jim Crow. It was Democrats who defended the rights of slave owners. It was the Republican President Dwight Eisenhower who championed the Civil Rights Act of 1957, but it was Democrats in the Senate who filibustered the bill.

You see, at the heart of liberalism is the idea that only a great and powerful big government can be the benefactor of social justice for all Americans. But the left is only concerned with one thing — control. And they disguise this control as charity. Programs such as welfare, food stamps, these programs aren’t designed to lift black Americans out of poverty, they were always intended as a mechanism for politicians to control black the black community.

Sometimes I wonder if the word freedom is tossed around so frequently in our society that it has become a cliché.

The idea of freedom is complex and it is all-encompassing. It’s the idea that the economy must remain free of government persuasion. It’s the idea that the press must operate without government intrusion. And it’s the idea that the emails and phone records of Americans should remain free from government search and seizure. It’s the idea that parents must be the decision makers in regards to their children’s education — not some government bureaucrat.

But most importantly, it is the idea that the individual must be free to pursue his or her own happiness free from government dependence and free from government control. Because to be truly free is to be reliant on no one other than the author of our destiny. These are the ideas at the core of the Republican Party, and it is why I am a Republican.

So my brothers and sisters of the American community, please join with me today in abandoning the government plantation and the Party of disappointment. So that we may all echo the words of one Republican leader who famously said, ‘free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, we are free at last.’

So your favorite parts are the ones that show no understanding of school funding, school districting, teacher turnover rate in urban schools, the effect on students when they fear violence at school, or the complexity of problems in the legal system such as racial profiling or lack of minority representation on juries. That's adorable.

And it’s the idea that the emails and phone records of Americans should remain free from government search and seizure.

Perhaps Republican Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, the author of the Patriot Act which significantly eroded the Fourth Amendment and allowed this to happen, should have seen this video because it apparently never occurred to him that his legislation would logically lead to this. However, I suspect had anyone been trying to regulate automatic weapons, he would have been first in line screaming about the sanctity of the Second Amendment.

Jericho, I have to ask you, is it the mark of a Republican to be for something before you are against it when you think it will help you in the political climate?

Lawdamercy. The Patriot Act is a Bush legacy, when unreasonable search and seizure became the law of the land. Obama doesn't suck for initiating it. He sucks for not ending it.

Archived