IGNORED

Why I am a Republican

jericho

Guest Anonymous
[sNIP]

The truly disgusting comparison to overseers and, by extension, slavery? - It's an analogy that rings true and is more than fitting coming from a black man.

I'm going to address this part because it is the most annoying. Then I'll move onto the discussion of nail varnish.

What the hell 'rings true' about this analogy? Seriously, what? Government programmes are not the equivalent of slavery. The government is not an overseer on a plantation. I do not see how these things could be alike in even the smallest, smallest, smallest way.

You mention a couple of times that Guillory is a black man... Wow, if I had known that being black means that I can make completely inappropriate comparisons to slavery and the Civil Rights movement, I would have done it before now! As a black person, I'm telling you:

- Being expected to wake up at 6:30 on the weekends is the equivalent of having my back ripped open with a whip.

- Eating this sandwich with horseradish sauce is the same as MLK being assassinated.

It's strange. Those two points are entirely sarcastic, and they are intended to highlight my problem with the use of slavery and Civil Rights as cheap tools, and yet I don't feel comfortable with them. I don't think my blackness has protected me one little bit. Who knew?!

So, should I pack red or pink nail varnish for my holiday?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really feel sorry for you and people like you on here. What a sorry life you must live when you have to attack someone because they don't agree with you or believe like you do.

I'm not laughing at you because I don't agree with you or believe like you do. I'm laughing at you because you seem to believe that a magazine and a report from one doctor from somewhere on the Internet is valid research. It's not. If you provide a study from a peer-reviewed journal that Plan B is an abortifacient, I'll retract my statement that you're ignorant. Until then, I'll just say that your attempt to distract from the fact you have NO EVIDENCE for your beliefs on this subject is quite funny. :laughing-rolling:

I'm going to address this part because it is the most annoying. Then I'll move onto the discussion of nail varnish.

What the hell 'rings true' about this analogy? Seriously, what? Government programmes are not the equivalent of slavery. The government is not an overseer on a plantation. I do not see how these things could be alike in even the smallest, smallest, smallest way.

I would like Jericho to answer how the analogy fits. Maybe he/she has never really thought through the analogy or Jericho simply does not understand how horrible slavery is.

Jericho there must be someone in your life that you feel protective. Perhaps it is a daughter, your mother, wife or sister. Are you telling me, that you really equate her receiving welfare to be the same as if she was ripped from her family, perhaps whipped until her back was bloody and then used sexually by her master?

Jericho is so excited to have an Official Black Friend who agrees with him, even if it's only by video!

I would like Jericho to answer how the analogy fits. Maybe he/she has never really thought through the analogy or Jericho simply does not understand how horrible slavery is.

Jericho there must be someone in your life that you feel protective. Perhaps it is a daughter, your mother, wife or sister. Are you telling me, that you really equate her receiving welfare to be the same as if she was ripped from her family, perhaps whipped until her back was bloody and then used sexually by her master?

Didn't Jericho once say that he thought Biblical slavery was great and that he'd be totally cool with his virgin sister being raped Judges 21 style, as long she was raped with A True Christian's Cock, or am I thinking of another fundie?

That was non-Duggar Josiah. He also wanted to personally stone gay people to death.

Jericho is the one who thought the country was closer to God when slavery was legal than it is now.

Didn't Jericho once say that he thought Biblical slavery was great and that he'd be totally cool with his virgin sister being raped Judges 21 style, as long she was raped with A True Christian's Cock, or am I thinking of another fundie?

I think that was a young man named Jeremiah.

Why am I no surprised that Jericho hasn't come back to this thread. :lol: He's probably off watching Grey's Anatomy with KISA and CountryBoy.

That was non-Duggar Josiah. He also wanted to personally stone gay people to death.

Jericho is the one who thought the country was closer to God when slavery was legal than it is now.

I wanted to check out Josiah's site recently but I couldn't remember the name of it. Do you remember the name of his blog?

I have a teacher relative who defended Paula Deen on facebook. Thanks to the person who provided a link to the court documents because I linked to them for her. She said that she would look them over.

I wanted to check out Josiah's site recently but I couldn't remember the name of it. Do you remember the name of his blog?

Biblical Beginnings I think is the name of the blog. He got really, really boring after the little fit he had here.

I also like red toenails as well and happen to have on Ruby Pumps by China Glaze on my toenails right now.

Ruby Pumps is a great color. I had that on last week and it looked really good with my black leather sandals :D

ETA not trying to thread jack. Just really like that color.

So your favorite parts are the ones that show no understanding of school funding, school districting, teacher turnover rate in urban schools, the effect on students when they fear violence at school, or the complexity of problems in the legal system such as racial profiling or lack of minority representation on juries. That's adorable.

Wow, that was the biggest bunch of liberal gobbledegook I've seen in a while.

Jericho, I have to ask you, is it the mark of a Republican to be for something before you are against it when you think it will help you in the political climate?

I would say that's the mark of a politician.

Lawdamercy. The Patriot Act is a Bush legacy, when unreasonable search and seizure became the law of the land. Obama doesn't suck for initiating it. He sucks for not ending it.

And expanding it.

You mention a couple of times that Guillory is a black man... Wow, if I had known that being black means that I can make completely inappropriate comparisons to slavery and the Civil Rights movement, I would have done it before now! As a black person, I'm telling you:

- Being expected to wake up at 6:30 on the weekends is the equivalent of having my back ripped open with a whip.

- Eating this sandwich with horseradish sauce is the same as MLK being assassinated.

It's strange. Those two points are entirely sarcastic, and they are intended to highlight my problem with the use of slavery and Civil Rights as cheap tools, and yet I don't feel comfortable with them. I don't think my blackness has protected me one little bit. Who knew?!

So, should I pack red or pink nail varnish for my holiday?

It rings true because by continually living off tax payer money you are a slave to the government who is giving it to you.

If he were making inappropriate comparisons, that would make your complaint legit. But he's not.

So your proof that Plan B is an abortifacient comes from a conservative Christian magazine (magazine, not peer reviewed journal) and a lone doctor that may or may not exist (since you conveniently forgot the source)?

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

My smilies are really getting a workout today because of you. I always knew you were a troll, but I didn't realize you we're this ignorant. And ignorant you are if you think that pathetic attempt at providing "evidence" is going to fly at FJ. Come back when you learn how to read an actual research article, until then I hope you keep your nuggets of shit to yourself.

I really feel sorry for you and people like you on here. What a sorry life you must live when you have to attack someone because they don't agree with you or believe like you do.

I didn't see any misrepresentation at all. Just the honest truth that doesn't get shared much in the mainstream media.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY YOU GUISE. I see jericho's tinfoil hat is still on too tight.

He's obviously gone back to sulking, but I'm replying now anyway because he's a hilariously easy target. Jericho, the first link you posted in the Plan B thread was a Christianity Today article which argued that Plan B doesn't prevent implantation. You silly goose, you cited a source that contradicts what you were arguing. The second link you posted was not, as you claim, a doctor's report. It was a conservative Christian women's blog that ripped off a Life Site News article. Life Site News is a biased source, as its name suggests, and its writers are no better than you are at checking their sources. You see, the scholarly article they cited elaborately explains why Plan B doesn't prevent implantation, as I explained in the other thread.

Let me quote a portion of this link

stltoday.com/news/opinion/mailbag/letters-to-the-editor/morning-after-pill-causes-an-abortion/article_a9f1268b-52f3-5932-b35e-5e3e5ce1aa2c.html

You have no idea how to base an argument on a solid source, do you? Ruby Slippers backed up her point with a scholarly article that cited many different peer-reviewed scientific studies. You cited a letter to the editor which claims that Plan B prevents implantation, but provides no sources to back up that claim. A quick look at wikipedia shows that the doctor who first suggested that "conception" be redefined as "implantation" did so with the intention of giving birth control a "social advantage". This only proves that the hypothesis of the pill preventing implantation was alive and well in the 60s. It does not prove that either the pill or Plan B affect fertilized eggs. Now are you going to start arguing intelligently, or will you once again pretend having your sources debunked is the same thing as being attacked?

Awww. When I saw this thread bumped I had high hopes he had come back to play.

I always imagine him after threads like this sitting at his computer singing Taylor Swifts "Mean" to us.

Awww. When I saw this thread bumped I had high hopes he had come back to play.

I always imagine him after threads like this sitting at his computer singing Taylor Swifts "Mean" to us.

Sorry. I can never resist calling out the misuse of science.

I picture Jericho spending weeks on end thinking up arguments that will stump us and looking for articles that seem smart, and then slinking away disappointed when he fails to out-smart us, yet again. Either that or he gets bored sometimes and pretends to be really stupid on the internet.

It rings true because by continually living off tax payer money you are a slave to the government who is giving it to you.

If he were making inappropriate comparisons, that would make your complaint legit. But he's not.

I posted statistics that showed that most people move off government support within 2-5 years. Many people move off before the two year mark.

I really don't think that you understand slavery. Slavery means that someone controls your life and your choices. The government does not decide who welfare recipients marry or love. They don't force the recipients to do anything. Certainly, the government doesn't send people to rape or whip people who get welfare.

Never getting off of welfare is not good but receiving it isn't slavery. What you are doing is comparing two things that you think are offensive and believing that they are equal, but they aren't.

Are housewives slaves if they are financially supported by their husbands? If you say no, I don't see how you can say that welfare is equal to slavery

Jericho, I respond to you and try to do so politely but you always ignore my posts.

I'd like to know how Jericho would have ended segregation or forced southern companies to hire African Americans, women, the disabled, older workers etc without government getting involved.

Can you answer this, Jericho? I asked it previously but you must have read past it.

Jericho, could you also answer this question

I notice that your last post was in the afternoon so I will have to wait until tonight to get an answer.

Is that his blog?

biblicalbeginnings.com

Yes, that is non-Duggar Josiah's blog. He is the one that came here and went all crazy about wanting to stone gay people. When asked by a gay member, he said that he would have no trouble personally stoning her to death. Pleasant fellow. Very Christ-like. :roll:

Archived