IGNORED

The Help

ladypuglover

I saw the movie before reading the book but my friend let me borrow her copy. I like the fact that the book is told from perspectives given from different women. It is very engaging.

Guest Anonymous
I've read most of the book - it's engaging but a "light read". Sorry that the author is being sued over it.

Maybe I'm misreading or confused, but -

The author (if the claim is true, and I have a difficult time seeing how it isn't) appropriated the identity and story of a woman who expressly asked her not to - a woman who worked for the author's family for years, whose son died of cancer, and you're sorry for the author?

Maybe I'm misreading or confused, but -

The author (if the claim is true, and I have a difficult time seeing how it isn't) appropriated the identity and story of a woman who expressly asked her not to - a woman who worked for the author's family for years, whose son died of cancer, and you're sorry for the author?

Yeah, I wondered about that myself. I considered seeing the movie, but after reading about the lawsuit, I decided not to. I really don't think white people should write from the point of view of POC anyway. Let them tell their own stories.

Archived