IGNORED

Adopting a failed abortion, then writing about it

J'ean Skirt

This showed up on my FB feed a little while ago, and I'm totally disgusted and horrified. And am not going to pick a fight on someone else's FB page, as they are having a productive discussion on adoption (with at least one person I know was adopted).

www.lifesitenews.com/news/two-weeks-after-welcoming-their-own-daughter-this-couple-decided-to-adopt-a

1) A 13 year old giving birth is dangerous to the 13 year old, and telling her that isn't a crime.

2) That rape victim deserves medical privacy, not to be turned into a poster child

3) If the stories of what the clinic did are true, then that's malpractice.

3a) Pro-lifers are liars so we have no evidence the clinic did those horrible things.

4) Most of the account doesn't make sense.

5) Liar, liar pants on fire.

:angry-banghead: :angry-screaming: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussing: :angry-steamingears: :angry-teeth:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering the source of this "news story" I would think that it's mostly a steaming pile of donkey shit.

Considering the source of this "news story" I would think that it's mostly a steaming pile of donkey shit.

So do I. But the sanctimonious prick that posted it says, "This is the kind of pro-life story that sane pro-choicers should get behind."

Um. No. Mostly because I expect it is a steaming pile of lies.

I did comment that if it was true, the clinic committed malpractice and that I would like to believe it, but pro-lifers have a habit of lying outright and so it was difficult to know how much was fantasy and how much was just made up.

Total ragification here.

And I have a stupid ass potential customer annoying me. It was a good day until about 20 minutes ago.

So I am to believe that an "abortion clinic" (judge much?) lied to this child and thank to the good lawd jebus this child and her baby was saved? Bullshit.

Issue 1: she was a rape survivor, she doesn't need her story posted over the internet.

Issue 2: she was tested for STDs but no one told her the results? Malpractice at the minimum. Full of shit more likely

Issue 3: the mother became a church going person so that made it all better. Well gee thankfully she went to the church that held the same views as you. Otherwise that would have been inconvenient.

These people take a very personal story and twist it to fit their needs. Young child that doesn't believe what I believe, check. Parent who is evil for not teaching her what we believe, check. Damaged but thankful child, check. Listen up fundies and radical prolifers, pregnancy and birth are not a walk in the park for a fully developed woman, it's a nightmare scenario for a barely pubescent tweener. How about you stick to explaining how you want to cut welfare before you start making up stories to make you look good, mkay?

Fundies make abortion clinics seem like terrible places where the women are lied to. They arent, they have standards and procedures that they have to follow.

And of course its dangerous for a 13 year old to give birth.

Please please please dont tell me that they actually told the child that she is the product of a failed abortion. No child should ever need to know that.

1-If she was raped, then charges and a police report should have been done. Most often people are raped by people they know, but they seem to gloss over this information as not so serious.

2-Abortion clinics don't exist. They are health clinics and they would show her the ultrasound if she had wanted to see it. They also are required to give her the results, though they don't do it over the phone. She would have needed to go back to the clinic to get the results.

3-She waited until she was 20 weeks pregnant to get an ultrasound? That's halfway through the pregnancy. Not so concerning if she had been in trauma, but more concerning that police involvement is not mentioned.

4-They would not tell someone the baby was not formed if it was formed. That's malpractice and illegal. Yes, it could indeed kill her because most 13yos bodies' are barely able to handle it and there's nothing wrong with them making her aware that childbirth is not some a day at the amusement park. And there's absolutely no way they told her adoption is not an option if she mentioned considering it and that no one would consider adopting a biracial, rapist's baby. Not gonna lie, if I discovered I was a product of a rape, I would feel quite worthless because rape should never have happened and so I should not exist. Then again, what do I know?

5-There's serious contradictions between paragraphs 7-10. Should have thought up this story better.

6-D&E is not live dismemberment:

http://women.webmd.com/dilation-and-eva ... r-abortion

(not breaking because it's a health site link)

7-At 23 weeks, about 3 weeks later, she found out she had chlamydia. It takes 2-4 weeks for results to get back, so they did inform her. There's no "clinic" didn't tell her. They did, so quit lying. They would have told her if she had it regardless if she had abortion or not. It can also be treated, so again, quit lying.

8- If she wasn't allowed to see the baby and they were "lied" to about the health and all that stuff, how and why did she know she was having a girl?

9-

"Personally, I think of this girl as a true hero,†says Julia, “because she not only went against her mom, but also enormous peer pressure & pressure from those in positions of authority – like the doctors in white coats.

Who knew the majority of teenagers were true heroes, defying those in authority all the time.

10-No real proof the supposed abortion attempt caused the child's special needs. They said she was not formed correctly and it doesn't sound they were lying.

Aaaaaaaand this is why I take my fancy private insurance EXCLUSIVELY to Planned Parenthood (better they get the $800 the insurance company pays for an annual physical than some posh medical center) AND throw in a cash donation every time I go. So that these "abortion clinics" can expand their practice and help more girls in need, and (if this story is even a little true, which is highly unlikely) so that no one gets turned down for a life-saving medical procedure because their mom didn't have enough money.

When I read a story that hits every note I know for a fact it's BS. They should probably preface these things with a disclaimer like "inspired by a true story" which allows for a lot more leeway than "based on a true story" does.

I call bullshit on "the attempted abortion caused the child to have special needs". As dairy free life pointed out, babby wasn't formed right. Having a 13 year old mum may have something to do with this.

As for the sexual health checks, they did tell her - you don't know right away because it's not urgent. Last time I was admitted to hospital, because they were messing about with my blood they tested me for HIV. I unsurprisingly didn't have it, but they actually forgot to tell me and I had to ask :embarrassed: They were like "We knew you didn't and you said you didn't, so we assumed you knew" It sounds like the clinic was a little bit better at informing its clients :lol:

Nothing about this story sounds right to me anyway. A 13 year old rape victim, that is some serious shit. The way this story was written sounds nothing like it. She was 13, been raped and she's cheerfully picking out names and going back to school? Did this poor child get some counseling at any point?

Oh, where to start? Maybe here?

"She was so upset that the abortionist told the mother that the girl was making his job too difficult and advised the mother to come up with more money, reschedule, and come back so he could finish the abortion. In between the appointments is when I had the chance to talk to her.â€

Yeah, a doctor stops in the middle of an abortion to ask for more money. And then between appointments--during which time the child is apparently just walking around with no medical care and no one seems concerned about the risk of infection---- the child talks to a woman she doesn't know who lives states away over the phone and decides to have the baby and let these people she doesn't know adopt her child.And although neither family has enough money to pay for a simple medical procedure, it somehow happens that the girl completes her pregnancy, delivers a child, and the child is adopted out of state

Boggles the mind the people believe this crap.

Plus, I have to add that when I was 15 I became pregnant thanks to a gang rape (and no, "if" there was a rape that doesn't always mean there will be a police report, especially if the victim is a child--although I filed one, I never would again). I can't being to tell you how much I resent scumbucket slime using such imaginary scenarios to push their BS.

I didn't file one. Mainly because I didn't particularly feel like being violated again. And I wouldn't have liked it if my story was put out there for everyone to gawk like I was some kind of freak. I didn't even tell my mother until after I had my daughter. She accused me of being a slut, and I didn't even care. I figured she was going to believe what she wanted. I can't imagine going through that, and losing my baby too, and having no counseling, just being expected to be some kind of hero/martyr. Wtf is wrong with people?!?!?

I wonder if they are trying to emulate that stupid October Baby movie that all the uber anti-choicers drooled over in real life.

Reading throught this comments I was thinking back to the last Reality Podcast I listened to. If any of you get a chance I highly recommend it. Basically a pro life group tries to go into a clinic and "prove" all of their allegations they raise ad nausem only to have it back fire.

I'm confused. Why would someone who was raped not file a police report? If you don't file a report, they can't do anything about it and the person or persons who did the crime will continue to walk free to possibly do the same thing to someone else. It surprises me who was raped wouldn't want the person caught. If it were my child, I would sure as hell be at the police station demanding action against whoever had violated my 13yo that way. But to each their own. :shrug:

Lifesitenews has no journalistic standards, so I'm not surprised they're reporting literally unbelievable events.

So, if malpractice never happens at abortion clinics, then how do you explain the death at Gosnell's clinic and the Germantown, MD clinic? Abortion clinics in PA weren't inspected for YEARS --- that was proven at Gosnell's trial. Let's face it, there is dishonesty on both sides.

Its not that malpractice never happens, just with any profession, you get good, and you get bad. Its just that it doesnt happen as often as pro lifers would have people think. Most abortion doctors do what they do because they care about womens health, and clinics have standards for procedures and ethics that they must follow-and most do. The ones who are unethical are rare.

Also comparing Gosnell to the majority of people who perform abortions is like comparing real doctors to someone who runs a back alley surgery who is likely to leave the patient in a bathtub full of ice, without kidneys.

Abortion clinics in PA weren't inspected for YEARS --- that was proven at Gosnell's trial.

You got a source for that?

I'm confused. Why would someone who was raped not file a police report? If you don't file a report, they can't do anything about it and the person or persons who did the crime will continue to walk free to possibly do the same thing to someone else. It surprises me who was raped wouldn't want the person caught. If it were my child, I would sure as hell be at the police station demanding action against whoever had violated my 13yo that way. But to each their own. :shrug:

That's all very nice in theory but in reality it's not an easy thing to do, even in the most supportive system and a supportive system it ain't. Even ppl when do go through with reporting a rape, their reaction afterwards can often be that the procedure of gettingjustice was far more traumatic than the actual rape.

I have just read the article. :puke-front:

Where is the outrage at a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD being raped? Talk about skewed priorities.

I call bullshit on "the attempted abortion caused the child to have special needs". As dairy free life pointed out, babby wasn't formed right. Having a 13 year old mum may have something to do with this.

Just curious about this part - ARE there any risks to the developing infant to having a very young mother ? I know there are some increased risks for delivery for the mom - and maybe with miscarriage or still birth (probably due to bad prenatal care and/or risky behaviors or malnutrition ) .. but is there an increased risk of birth defects ? I can't think of why there would be...... just curious if anyone knows.

It is very traumatizing to go to trial and only a small percenatge of cases even win. Look at what happened to this young woman, she lost a stautory rape case because she didn't scream.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17955i

That's all very nice in theory but in reality it's not an easy thing to do, even in the most supportive system and a supportive system it ain't. Even ppl when do go through with reporting a rape, their reaction afterwards can often be that the procedure of gettingjustice was far more traumatic than the actual rape.

It is very traumatizing to go to trial and only a small percenatge of cases even win. Look at what happened to this young woman, she lost a stautory rape case because she didn't scream.

http://freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17955i

Those ^ plus check out rape conviction statistics some time. I'm not surprised it wasn't reported and I sure as shit don't blame her. Most rapes are unreported and I'm sorry to say, with damned good reason. It's not just the shame and horror of voicing what's happened (unimaginably hard) but also the actual hardship of the next step, which is almost unbearable to go through.

What the police did to me was worse than what the rapists did to me. And having all the judgments that still go on--one "friend" told me "I wouldn't let myself get raped." Yeah, because it's a choice.

I'm really, really sick of hearing "If it were me.... I'd...." Unless it WAS you, and I wouldn't wish it on anybody, you have no fucking idea how you would react or what you would do. So please go shove the sanctimony down somebody else's ass, like maybe people who are actual wrongdoers and not rape victims.

Archived