IGNORED

The truth about "modesty" dawns

JesusFightClub

Heh. Anyone remember in Les Mis where Cosette flashes a bit of ankle because of the wind and Marius gets all flustered and furious? Tale as old as time, so its not about us gentlemen.

Also fuck off Marius.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah the poor menz.....they are slaves to their hormones.

But a woman can't be President because PERIODS!

Whoever took this survey had WAY too much f*cking time on their hands. SODRT obviously doesn't keep these kids busy, so they might as well take a couple hours to imagine girls in different clothes...you know, for the benefit of the WOMEN. Also, I'd like to point out how the survey people claim that none of this has an authoritative tone, but the comments so obviously do. I see so many of these comments with the words "don't" and "no."

Allow me to share some of my favorites, with commentary:

Wow, I'm so glad she did something so noble JUST FOR YOU!

This is about when a woman accidentally exposes her lower back when reaching for something. Yes, how thoughtful! She's doing that just for you, a-hole!

Also about exposing lower back. Ladies, don't think it's ok!

Oh, woe is he, chivalry is dead because women can't cover themselves up.

:angry-banghead:

Five words: "she was asking for it."

About see-through sleeves. Check your farts ;)

I guess no necklaces that create a "V," because BOOBIES.

This is about heavy perfume. So, hold up...when did this become a survey about what's sexy to you? Oh, right...you took this survey so you could imagine girls and women in a sexual way. This man is 40-49 years old, btw.

This is about purses that are worn across the body. My physical therapist told me to only to wear my purse like this. It's better for your back and neck. Just...what dumbasses...

About whether high heels make a girl walk immodestly. How nice to know that this 17-y-o thinks about this all the time.

Tube tops. I guess this 16-y-o has the authority to tell me that it's an "absolute no." Honey, most women who wear these are older than you, and they don't give a sh*t that you're a horny teenager.

I told my husband this was a fundie version of Penthouse Letters. The guys write in about what turns them on, (and while doing so, concentrate on what turns them on and get to read about what turns other guys on) and it is a "safe" fantasy room where they can talk about their turn ons while dogging on the women who turn them on.

Wow, that has to be healthy!

I once had a repairman over to fix the oven at my house. I was dressed in a house dress, and I'll be honest, this thing is pretty ugly. I wear it because it's comfortable. It's a short-sleeved, long-skirted muumuu-type monstrosity covered with neon colored flowers, and it has a belt at the waist. I had my hair in a bun, and I'm pretty sure I had vaseline all over my face because my skin was sunburned and dry.

The repairman actually had the nerve to tell me that he was Southern Baptist, and appreciated the way I was dressed because I was clearly trying to be modest. I was like, WTF? Seriously? Yes, because I clearly was trying to conform to YOUR standards of femininity through my personal appearance and choice of apparel.

I told him to just fix my oven and then get the hell out!

The repairman actually had the nerve to tell me that he was Southern Baptist, and appreciated the way I was dressed because I was clearly trying to be modest. I was like, WTF? Seriously? Yes, because I clearly was trying to conform to YOUR standards of femininity through my personal appearance and choice of apparel.

And in your own home no less. I hope you reported him to his company.

If a man has such trouble controlling his sexual urges that the sight of a bit of 50-year-old leg will cause him to "stumble", then he has far bigger problems than what I am wearing. It boggles my mind, really, that the entire female population is expected to alter the way they dress in order to accommodate these bozos.

I had on a really cute shirt the other day. It had a kind of drapey cowl neckline. I inadvertently flashed the Verizon Wireless rep when I leaned over to sign something when he dropped off equipment at my office. Know what he did? NOTHING! In fact, I saw him politely looking away as I leaned back up again. Know what he didn't do? Molest me in my cubicle. We chit chatted about our kids and electronics and he left. I'm fairly certain that the brief glimpse of my chest didn't ruin his marriage.

If the sight of a random woman's chest/butt/arms/ankle ruin a marriage, then there are many other factors involved way before that sighting. Namely a lack of education and experience in the dating/attraction arena. Keeping it all under lock and key and making it so secret does not make for healthy future relationships.

And in your own home no less. I hope you reported him to his company.

We did. Sears promised it wouldn't happen again, but we never heard anything beyond that.

I told my husband this was a fundie version of Penthouse Letters. The guys write in about what turns them on, (and while doing so, concentrate on what turns them on and get to read about what turns other guys on) and it is a "safe" fantasy room where they can talk about their turn ons while dogging on the women who turn them on.

Wow, that has to be healthy!

I had never thought about it this way before. I think you're so right!

Cynthia Jeub posted on her blog about "rejecting modesty." cynthiajeub.com/2013/06/18/forsaking-modesty/

Wow, I didn't know Cynthia Jeub had a blog. I have to say I'm impressed with this post and will have to comb through the rest of her blog. When I first saw Cynthia on a special TLC did on her family, I thought she was snotty and condescending, and expected it because of what a pompous ass her father seems to be. Looks like she's loosened up as she's gotten older though, at least it seems that way from this post. This makes me happy. When I see fundie kids applying rationality and reason to their beliefs, it's always a win.

Archived