IGNORED

Canada Doesn't Have A Lot Of Christian Churches

debrand

Supreme Court Is Unanimous

In a historically significant move, Canada’s Supreme Court voted unanimously to persecute Christians who speak against “sin†as defined by the Bible. No surprise here, but this will profoundly reshape the last few Christian churches in that country. Kevin Swanson and Dave Buehner discuss the church’s response to the Christian apostasy in the West.

generationswithvision.com/broadcast/canada-steps-up-persecuting-christians/

Did my Canadian FJ friends know that there were just a few churches left in their country?

I think she means by "Christian" churches are chruches that are fundie.

If I Church is okay with gay marriage or women ministers; then it is not Christian according to these people.

I think she means by "Christian" churches are chruches that are fundie.

If I Church is okay with gay marriage or women ministers; then it is not Christian according to these people.

I'm guessing she excludes Catholic churches, too, which from what I understand have a pretty big presence in Canada.

So according to the generationswithwision.com , it means the church I was born and raised in (United Church) isn't truly a christian church..... Women ministers AND gay marriage! Oddly enough, I could never find another group of more accepting and loving people - true examples of Christianity if you ask me.

What does it all mean? Does that mean Swanson and his ilk would stay the heck away from Canada, or would they focus their efforts on fundie-izing us, sending Maxwells our way?

I'm sure they exclude Catholic teachers. Didn't some fundie post recently that she was surprised to find Christians in Rome?

There are churches all over the damn place around here. :?

What does it all mean? Does that mean Swanson and his ilk would stay the heck away from Canada, or would they focus their efforts on fundie-izing us, sending Maxwells our way?

My fundie-lite friend told me that some church sent missionaries to Canada...I wish I could remember details! But yeah, they think we're heathens. :lol:

My friend has been living at bethel bible church/school in nor cal and they did a missionary trip to Canada.

Did my Canadian FJ friends know that there were just a few churches left in their country?

Jee wiz, really? Maybe the 5 or so churches that were within 2 blocks of my house growing up were really just fancy rec halls or something.

And the three megachurches are all just a bunch of auditoriums.

In my city, we build churches before we build schools. That says something right there.

I've found parts of the Maritimes to be chockful of Baptist, Pentacost, and other pretty serious fundy churches.

They're obviously excluding Anglican churches too, as well as presbyterian. And, of course they'd never consider Catholics to be Christian, so there goes 90% of the churches in my old town.

There are churches all over the damn place around here. :?

My fundie-lite friend told me that some church sent missionaries to Canada...I wish I could remember details! But yeah, they think we're heathens. :lol:

Literally everywhere. Everytime I visit my parents in my hometown in Canada, there is a new church being built.

They're obviously excluding Anglican churches too, as well as presbyterian. And, of course they'd never consider Catholics to be Christian, so there goes 90% of the churches in my old town.

In that case at least they get it that Anglicans are Protestant Catholics.

I would have assumed that Canada would be the same as Australia in terms of religion (as well as everything else but the weather & accent). Lots of Catholics, quite a few Anglicans, Methodists/Presbyterians(Uniting Church here), Baptists & then a small smattering of everybody else.

I wish these asshats would learn the definition of persecute. Not allowing people spew hate speech is not persecution...not only that but it is illegal in Canada.

I live in the US but the closest I have ever come to "GOD" was in Canada at Lake Louise. The beauty of that place took my breath away and I got all spiritual. Same thing happens when I visit Yosemite National Park. On one visit, I walked away from our group and found myself all alone amongst the wonder that is Yosemite. No noise except for the ambient sounds of nature. Behind me was a group of deer who ignored me. I consider myself an atheist but when I go to those kind of places, I consider them my "church".

Bill Whatcott sounds crazy. This is from Wikipedia

One of his most notable activities has been to travel to different Canadian cities and place graphic flyers in mailboxes. These include flyers with images of dismembered fetuses[2] and flyers with pictures of diseases allegedly caused by gay sex.[

and

and his protests have gotten him in repeated legal trouble. He has been arrested six times in Saskatchewan, but never convicted of any charge.[8] He has also been arrested once in the United States and 20 times in Ontario and successfully prosecuted twice for violating the bubble zone, an injunction which bars all prayers and protests from within 60 feet (18 m) of the abortion clinic. On Sept 2 1994, he was convicted the first time for his activism, receiving a six-month stint in jail for violating the bubble zones around at Scott's abortion clinic in Toronto by protesting at the clinic's entrance.[9]

and

In February 2013, the Court decided that, although Bible passages, biblical beliefs and the principles derived from those beliefs can be legally and reasonably advanced in public discourse, extreme manifestations of the emotion described by the words "detestation" and "vilification" cannot be.[

Interesting. Does this mean that a pastor can say homosexuality is a sin, he just can't pass out material claiming homosexuals are vile, etc

Archived