IGNORED

After Atheists Stop a Formal Prayer, Prayer Still Happens..

lilwriter85

Does Not Surprise Me At All. I hope no one did anything to the atheist kids (bravo to them, BTW, for standing up in what they believe) to show how much they love Jesus. You know, like beat them up. :roll:

As I was pulling into the school parking lot, there was some church people at the entrance of the school and across the street from the school holding up “Jesus Saves†signs, [every one] of them yelling and screaming. As I drove into the parking lot I noticed a lot of Kentucky State police officers waking around and in the school… After the prayer, the people got up and gave a standing ovation… This sickened me to my stomach that I couldn’t stay and watch anymore of the ceremony… Afterward, I couldn’t help [but] think of how crude and rude that was to the people who were non-Christians students and friends and family members. Only people that got respected at this graduation were the Christians.

There is a population of Christians who can not put themselves in other people's places. That is why I don't accept their superficial kindness as real. However, these types of Christians do have a negative influence on their faith. As their kids leave home and experience other faiths, they will realize how thoughtless and asinine such behaviors are and many will be embarrassed by their actions.

There is a population of Christians who can not put themselves in other people's places. That is why I don't accept their superficial kindness as real. However, these types of Christians do have a negative influence on their faith. As their kids leave home and experience other faiths, they will realize how thoughtless and asinine such behaviors are and many will be embarrassed by their actions.

I agree with this. I have noticed in the past few years that particular faction of American Christians who can't put themselves in other people's places. Those types usually don't care or give thought to the Americans who aren't Christians. They think everything is supposed to be catered towards their Christian beliefs and they ignore separation of church and state. I think the one blogger who really shows these attitudes is Lori "Nitwit" Alexander. That blogger has constantly whined about how prayer and the Bible should be followed in public schools. I feel like screaming to her that the U.S. isn't a theocracy.

Hmmm...wonder what would have happened if the administration or senior class president decided to lead everyone in a Muslim prayer.

Sorry, atheist kids -- you live in a backwards state. Grab your diploma and get the F out of Kentucky.

Archived