IGNORED

The blessed Expo

kpmom

Sarah Maxwell posted today about the homeschool expo her family spoke (and sold their crap) at.

If you played a Maxwell drinking game using the words "blessed" or "blessing", you'd be drunk before finishing the post. Uriah is a blessing, talking to other families is a blessing, and her parent's sessions are a blessing.

I think blessing is giving sweet a run for its' money.

I don't know if Steve's suit is not fitting him well, or if he needs to fill up on more animal crackers, but he looks very thin in the picture with Teri.

In the first picture, Anna's hair is straight, but it looks like she crimped it for the expo. Very fashionable.

And finally, they signed off with this scripture verse. It could be aimed at FJ possibly;

“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;

and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.

This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,

and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.â€

Isaiah 54:17

titus2.com/blog/

Well, think about what they are allowed to read....which is to say, nothing but the Bible!

Did anyone notice the Amish / Mennonite looking couple around their booth? Don't the Amish have their own schools? I don't think homeschooling is a thing with them. I figure Mennonites are similar in that regard. Interesting.

I notice that quite a few people attended Steve and Teri's lectures. I kind of want to attend one of them to hear what they have to say. How much of it is actual advice and how much is just a "buy our crap" spiel?

And finally, does it seem like the Maxwells are doing less "selling on the road" this past year? I remember during their peek session, they would spend weeks on the road jam packed with appointments at churches. Now, it seems their sessions are sporadic and they've had to go to conferences to sell their ware. I hope that's a sign people are waking up to the Maxwell lunacy. The family is pretty crazy with their fixation on "sheltering" and their presentations are just a way to sell their crap. I'm hoping even fundies are smarting to what the Maxwells truly represent.

Sarah mentioned Uriah by his/her name in this post! Coupled with the verse from Isaiah at the end, I'm prettily sure a Maxwell or Maxmole is reading here!

Lots of Mennonites homeschool; CLE (Christian Light Education) homeschooling curriculum is published by Mennonites, as is Rod & Staff. (We've used them both over the years and like them a lot).

IS it possible that the Maxwells have gotten even MORE boring than usual??? I couldn't even yawn this time as I looked at the breath-taking photos of fools who paid to sit on folding chairs and listen to the Maxwells........ And, my, my, we have to buy a Moody book for a recipe of Velveeta and Canned chili???

Archived