IGNORED

Candace Cameron blasts Kanye for 'Yeezus'

Mela99

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm siding with Kanya on this. :o This is a made up controversy. Candace is just trying to revive her career.

The devout Christian continued, “There’s a million other names out there … And you could have chosen one that is not one letter off from Jesus. I mean, that’s just a little too close. Come on.â€

“He’s actually comparing himself to Jesus,†she said. “Really?! Should any of us be doing that?! Maybe you should change your name to ‘Uda!’

Kanya shouldn't be doing a lot of things. Just don't buy his music.

Yeezus vs Jesus. I see more than a 1 letter difference Candy.

Even if the Album was called Jesus, which is a perfectly fine name AND part of many Christian Album names, where does the "he thinks he's Jesus" idea come from?

Idk how true it is, but she's supposedly friends with Kim? On what planet, idk..

Is she forgetting that there are actually a lot of males worldwide with variations of the name "Jesus?" God actually picked a super common name for his son. (This was done so that he wouldn't stand out and be too special apparently, plus the meaning of the name.)

The Greek name "Jesus" was actually from the Hebrew of "Joshua." Setting that aside, however, we have:

Spanish: Hay-soos

Greek: ee-eh-soo (? or maybe that was Hawaiian...)

And.... ok that's all I know. I'm not sure about the popularity of it within modern Greek, but I know for a fact it's common for males to have the name, "Hay-soos" (spelled "Jesus.") and one of my friend's mothers is named "hay-soos-ah" spelled "Jesusa." (as a child I asked why her name was Jesusa. In my defense I was too young to know better.)

So really, she ain't got no leg to stand on. It's a very common name.

Well if she wants to get technical, his name wasn't really Jesus either. It was Yeshua, which translates directly to English as Joshua, so there you go. Jesus came from a Greek translation Yeshua (can't remember what it is). Translated from Greek to English, it becomes Jesus. In other words, that arrogant, insufferable, twit needs to STFU.

Edit: Oops, Trynn beat me to it. :)

The Greek pronunciation is "Ee-sous", with the stress on the second syllable.

Eesous is not used in modern Greece as a name for a son, but both Christos and Kyriakos are. Kyrios=Lord, Kyriakos is derived from the word Lord. She is full of herself. Lots of cultures name sons after the name Jesus, and I just demonstrated one that names after "Christ" and "Lord", which I imagine would make dear Candace apoplectic. :nenner:

Eesous is not used in modern Greece as a name for a son, but both Christos and Kyriakos are. Kyrios=Lord, Kyriakos is derived from the word Lord. She is full of herself. Lots of cultures name sons after the name Jesus, and I just demonstrated one that names after "Christ" and "Lord", which I imagine would make dear Candace apoplectic. :nenner:

Thank you for correcting and enlightening me.

I'm surprised he didn't name the thing I Am Bigger Than God and You Know It, Also, My Penis Is As Big As My Ego, Hard to Believe, I Know.

This is Kanye West we're talking about, Candace. Calm down.

I guess she must have a real problem with the name Christopher (in all forms) as well lol.

It's not exactly news that Kanye West has a huge ego. Ms. Cameron needs to find something else to complain about. Yeezus. :P

THIS shows Kanye's lack of humility?!?! Kanye is probably the least humble person on Earth, though his girlfriend gives him a run for his money.

I'm on Candace's side here though, because she might be fundy, but Kanye's is insufferable. I'm still mad that he took the VMA from Taylor Swift. And I still can't separate Candace from her character DJ Tanner, whom I love.

I'm on Candace's side here though, because she might be fundy, but Kanye's is insufferable. I'm still mad that he took the VMA from Taylor Swift.

Soooo...insufferable people shouldn't have First Amendment rights if some little twit from a bad 80's sitcom is offended by what they say?

Soooo...insufferable people shouldn't have First Amendment rights if some little twit from a bad 80's sitcom is offended by what they say?

Whoa there. Where did anybody say anything about First Amendment rights?

Kanye named his album something annoying and stupid. Candace reacted by being annoying and stupid. They're both annoying and stupid, in my opinion, but I made a joke. Nobody should take anything that Kanye or Candace says seriously.

This reminds me of when the Beatles said they were bigger than Jesus. Kanye aint the Beatles.

This reminds me of when the Beatles said they were bigger than Jesus. Kanye aint the Beatles.

That's not what they said though, and it was only John Lennon that said it.

Of course, now that leaves me wondering what Kanye is saying.

I don't believe we heard a word from Ms Bure when Dukes of Melrose recently ran on Bravo. It's about two fabulously gay men that run the vintage couture boutique Decades in Beverly Hills. One of the fab duo is Cameron Silver and the other is Christos Garkinos. One episode was about Christos getting ready for the Greek Orthodox Easter. It also featured Cameron's visit to Phyllis Diller's closet. The episode was titled "This One is Shaved Beaver".

This is Lennon’s exact quote:

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn’t argue about that. I’m right and I’ll be proved right. We’re more popular than Jesus now. I don’t know which will go first, rock ‘n’ roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It’s them twisting it that ruins it for me."

It was basically an observation about what he saw as the current state of religion vs. pop culture, as well as a commentary about how Christ's message has been twisted.

I'm not sure what West is trying to say, but I doubt it's anything along the lines of what Lennon was saying. But if he is indeed comparing himself to Jesus in some way, that's his right as both a narcissist and an American citizen.

'Ye is in for a rude awakening if he thinks he could come anywhere close to being/doing anything in the same category as The Beatles. Nobody is going to remember his silly ass fifty years from now. Beatles are timeless

Yeezus Heist! She's onto something.

I don't believe we heard a word from Ms Bure when Dukes of Melrose recently ran on Bravo. It's about two fabulously gay men that run the vintage couture boutique Decades in Beverly Hills. One of the fab duo is Cameron Silver and the other is Christos Garkinos. One episode was about Christos getting ready for the Greek Orthodox Easter. It also featured Cameron's visit to Phyllis Diller's closet. The episode was titled "This One is Shaved Beaver".

I....need to see this show...

Archived