IGNORED

A day in the life of Michelle Duggar

MrsYoungie

parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/day-life-michelle-duggar-and-her-kids.html#mcpgn=fbtlc1

OMG - from her claim that everyone wakes up at 7 am to their supposed bed times, this is just a litany of lies and more lies.

How many full on bullshit lines can we guarantee? I'll start with this one:

7 a.m.: Wake up, everyone!

We’re not early birds. We tend to be more of a night-owl family so we aim to get up by 7 a.m. Everybody wakes up, gets dressed, makes their beds, and gives their rooms a quick clean up

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A day in the life of Michelle Duggar? This shouldn't take long to read. :roll:

How is getting up at 7AM not being early birds? I mean, for me, that's about when I get up for work. And that's only because I have to.

Not that I believe her, but really.

Since when is reading old fashioned?

That may have been their schedule many years ago, but we've seen episodes of them eating breakfast at 11.

Where is the part where grandma does 90 loads of laundry a day and the Sister Mothers take care of all the kids? Didn't I read somewhere that one of the girls took over the home schooling? What exactly does Michelle do now anyway?

Where is the part where grandma does 90 loads of laundry a day and the Sister Mothers take care of all the kids? Didn't I read somewhere that one of the girls took over the home schooling? What exactly does Michelle do now anyway?

She lays in bed with her feet elevated, so that she can use gravity to help usher JimBob's magical male essence to her battle scarred womb.

parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/day-life-michelle-duggar-and-her-kids.html#mcpgn=fbtlc1

OMG - from her claim that everyone wakes up at 7 am to their supposed bed times, this is just a litany of lies and more lies.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Michelle. That's the funniest thing I"ve heard in a long while. Hey isn't there something in that bible of yours about not bearing false witness?

After that, we’ll do a quick tidy of the house.

The continual use of first-person plural rather than third-person plural is just......

We’ll do that for 30 to 45 minutes and sometimes I’ll read a little chunk of a book to my kids. We are still in that old-fashioned mode of reading books! I always tell my kids to pick up a book. That book could be their best friend and they can really learn a lot from reading.

Books are old-fashioned? Really? Umm, no. Sure, people have Kindles and Nooks and tablets to use in lieu of real books, but they are STILL READING BOOKS. Maybe if she visited libraries (or, ahem, public schools) more often she'd see just how not-old-fashioned books are. There is nothing special about encouraging your children to read. In fact, I'd wager that us dirty liberal secular folks encourage it a lot more than uber conservatives, since there isn't too much that is off-limit to our children.

And where are the books in the Duggar home? I never see a bookshelf anywhere, and rarely see books out being read. Though I guess they're probably in a drawer somewhere since there can't be too many that are approved reading material in that home.

Also, if she does read aloud to her kids, how much must that suck for the ones who aren't at the right age for whatever she's reading them? Does she stick to the lowest common denominator-- are her high-school kids listening to Eric Carle and Margaret Wise Brown? Or do the preschoolers have to sit through Before You Meet Prince Charming (for the 43rd time)? Some of my best school memories are of my 3rd-4th grade teachers reading to us after lunch: age-appropriate books like The Phantom Tollbooth, A Cricket In Times Square, and others whose titles I can't remember that introduced issues like prejudice and homelessness in appropriate ways. Just another hidden benefit of Evil Public School.

edit for riffles

That essay was written by Jill at age 16 at the SOTDRT, about her own day-with extra bits added like reading. Michelle's day consists of ordering around her children, collecting best mom awards, and sex. She doesnt do anything in their house.

Isnt it funny, how in the picture at the top, it is Jinger that is cooking, not Michelle. They probably couldnt find a picture of her doing anything.

She doesnt do any of that stuff. As well as cooking dinner, wasnt it mentioned that Jessa did the majority of the homeschooling?

Isnt it funny, how in the picture at the top, it is Jinger that is cooking, not Michelle. They probably couldnt find a picture of her doing anything.

Of course it's not Michelle- she even admits that Jinger is the "lunch lady" and Jessa is the "dinner lady".... :roll:

Of course it's not Michelle- she even admits that Jinger is the "lunch lady" and Jessa is the "dinner lady".... :roll:

Well, she HAS to "teach" them how to be good helpmeets, you know. /sarcasm

We are still in that old-fashioned mode of reading books! I always tell my kids to pick up a book. That book could be their best friend and they can really learn a lot from reading.

Isn't there a specific quote regarding having the one of the J'kids read a book as a form of punishment? I don't remember the actual situation but I do recall that one of you commented on it.

Wasnt there one episode where they asked Jill what her favourite books were and she took ages to answer, then came out with some fundie related book about waiting for Prince Charming. She could literally only name one book that she liked to read, and it wasnt even a good story, just more kool aid drinking fundie crap.

I dont think the Duggars read much. Except for Mackynzie, but she has a mom who actually cares about her.

I dont believe they get up at 7am either. Didnt one of the girls say that if people were intented to see sunrise, God should have made it happen later in the day. They mean 7am Duggar Time, which works out to around lunchtime normal time.

They may purpose(her usual words) to get out of bed by 7 am but we all know it isn't happening. Just like they purpose to get somewhere ontime.

She's such a liar I don't think she knows how to tell the truth anymore.

How many lies can we spot in this one essay? I've lost count.

I am curious why they feel such the need to spin this bullshit to such an extent. Could it be that most of their viewers have figured them out and are really only tuning in to snark? I took a glance over at the message board on IMDb and it seems most people these days think the Duggars are FOS.

They may purpose(her usual words) to get out of bed by 7 am but we all know it isn't happening. Just like they purpose to get somewhere ontime.

She's such a liar I don't think she knows how to tell the truth anymore.

Worse, she's told the same lies for so long that she believes them herself.

Wasnt there one episode where they asked Jill what her favourite books were and she took ages to answer, then came out with some fundie related book about waiting for Prince Charming. She could literally only name one book that she liked to read, and it wasnt even a good story, just more kool aid drinking fundie crap.

I remember that. She came up with one book for boys, then said girls would like Before You Meet Prince Charming. She said, "We love to read in our house!" But she really seemed to struggle to come up with anything. You have to think it's because they're hardly allowed to read anything. I remember way back in one of the specials one of the girls said they wanted their room to look like Little House on the Prairie. But would they actually be allowed to read it? I mean, Laura Ingalls' courtship was hardly fundie-approved. Even if you go back to the earliest books, there's dancing in Little House in the Big Woods.

I feel sorry for how stunted these kids are because of their asshole parents :(

Im sure there are loads of books that Jill and her siblings would like if they were allowed to read things that arent religion related.

Every little kid has a buddy that is NOT Michelle. So, dressing and eating is done by the buddies. The girls do the cooking, cleaning and homeschooling for her.

So....what does Michelle do all day because all I see is what she THINKS her daughters are doing with all of those kids while she's somewhere NOT doing those things with them.

Have we ever seen anyone read on this show, aside from Jill? I am not sure if the youngest howlers can even read.

Archived