IGNORED

Home is Where the Hurt is: a haunting blog

AuntCloud

I wonder if Mary's been checking out this thread because her final post almost seems like a direct response to some of the people doubting her here, especially because I hadn't seen many doubtful comments on the blog itself (though any of those were likely screened and removed). I see some of the holes you guys are pointing out, but also some of you are mentioning how you know of real-life situations where CPS can't do anything and the abuse just continues. Especially if her parents were indeed successful in honing the image of a happy family, and if they live in a small community then even the CPS workers might have known them or heard of them and so not worried too much about their situation. One of you also pointed out something I was wondering, which is that even the meanest parents will act nice now and then, however fake that niceness is. She never talks about them acting nice in any way until the final post, I wish she would've mentioned a detail like that beforehand. Also, I wonder if the fact that CPS hadn't been called on the older siblings would go against the case of the younger ones, if they pay attention to something like that?

I hope we hear again from Mary, it'd be great if she ever did a Q&A with readers so that some of those unanswered questions could be answered.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived