IGNORED

Maxwell Children Art Class

johnhugh

Poor Sarah has posted that their friends Dave and Liz have visited for fellowshipping.

What a blessing it was to fellowship in the Lord Jesus and encourage each other.

The highlight of the trip was Art Time™ for the children: titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/DSC_6924.jpg :roll: I think the drawing lesson happened when they came round to play last year.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poor Sarah has posted that their friends Dave and Liz have visited for fellowshipping.

The highlight of the trip was Art Time™ for the children: titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/DSC_6924.jpg :roll: I think the drawing lesson happened when they came round to play last year.

Another painful reminder to Sarah that people her age are married and she never will be! Once that couple has a kid, they will have nothing in common with Sarah. Interesting that the couple posed with Joshua. Why? Where were Christopher and NR-Anna? Maybe they managed to escape for a date during the family art lesson.

What a depressing life.

Another painful reminder to Sarah that people her age are married and she never will be! Once that couple has a kid, they will have nothing in common with Sarah. Interesting that the couple posed with Joshua. Why? Where were Christopher and NR-Anna? Maybe they managed to escape for a date during the family art lesson.

Sarah's pretty much given up on getting married.

virtuousgirlhood.com/2012/04/interview-saturday-sarah-maxwell/

You see, if she were married she wouldn't be able to continue to write boring ass children's books and run her parents' business for them, which is what God really wants her to do. Poor Sarah indeed.

You nearly gave me a heart attack, I thought they were trying to trademark something called Art Time.

IMpossible, right? Number one, everyone loves messing with drawing, painting, sculpting, and number two, can't be makin' idols of pencils, brushes and Play-Doh!

"The children," yes, I would've expected a photo of A,B, & C, instead we get nearly-married Joseph and two others.

I wonder what would happen if a wordly young 16, 17-year-old woman - one whose folks take her to traditional Roman Catholic masses, permit her to wear jeans that aren't too tight, who attends public or parochial high school and who is well adjusted overall, and planning to remain virginal until she marries - were to sit down with young Mary while Anna, Poor Sarah and A, B & C were all in the bathroom. Would the two have anything in common? Would Catholic girl be sent packing when the other females saw them fellowshipping without Mary being monitored chaperoned? Would Catholic girl be inspired to ask her mum & pa to shelter her? Would Mary even know *how* to talk with C.g. about anything other than nieces, or trying to sell her a book?

Enquiring minds wonder, is all.

I actually had my hopes up here that Sarah was starting a children's art class....that would be sweet, at least she would get out and meet people, who might know somebody single.....but who the hell was I kidding?

What a depressing life.

Sarah's pretty much given up on getting married.

virtuousgirlhood.com/2012/04/interview-saturday-sarah-maxwell/

You see, if she were married she wouldn't be able to continue to write boring ass children's books and run her parents' business for them, which is what God really wants her to do. Poor Sarah indeed.

If there was one thing that you could tell women your age, what would it be?

Learn contentment right now! I just turned thirty, and I spent too many years wishing to be married. The Lord’s will is for me to be single right now and serving Him in ways I couldn’t if I were married. He hasn’t brought the right guy into my life, so why feel sad about not being married? One should never feel sad being in the center of God’s will. Would you feel sorry for a missionary? Of course not! I would encourage young ladies not to have a focus on getting married but rather be content and delighting in what the Lord has for you today.

Translation- My parents have control issues like you wouldn't believe so that means I can't go out into the world and actually try and find a husband like a normal 30 year old but have to wait at home for Jesus to magically send him my way.

meenwhile my parents get all kinds of free labor out of me so they're happy.

Yeah, Poor Sarah is definitely the Maxwell Spinster Sacrifice, the godly daughter who will care for her parents in their dotage. Contentment my ass. More like resignation.

I did a major eyeroll when she mentioned that keeping the blog going was something she really enjoyed. 10 sentences a day pulled from the Big Bag o' Maxwell Platitudes and a ton of interchangeable photos doth not an interesting blog make.

Edited to put that "ing" back where it belongs.

This Dave and Liz have been visiting for several years. Why don't they have a little blessing or two of their own? Maybe Stevie and terrified will have to council them...

ZOMG!!! Sarah used the f-word in her blog post.

Friend.

I'm guessing that earned her a few hours in the prayer closet form Steve-O. :naughty:

Like everything else in their pathetic lives, these friends are a 'joy and delight'.

I'd gag daily if I lived in that world. If I could keep from killing myself, that is.

Like everything else in their pathetic lives, these friends are a 'joy and delight'.

I'd gag daily if I lived in that world. If I could keep from killing myself, that is.

Well at least they aren't 'sweet'.

This Dave and Liz have been visiting for several years. Why don't they have a little blessing or two of their own? Maybe Stevie and terrified will have to council them...

Just seeing Steve and Terrified was counsel enough.

I'm wondering if Liz isn't with child? I remember other photos of her from previous visits and she now looks a little more womanly-- like she might be on the nest. Or maybe it's the big bulky sweater, scarf, and frumpy fundie skirt.

I'm wondering if Liz isn't with child? I remember other photos of her from previous visits and she now looks a little more womanly-- like she might be on the nest. Or maybe it's the big bulky sweater, scarf, and frumpy fundie skirt.

I thought that, too.

So how does a visit like this go down? Let me speculate:

The lord lays it on Dave and Liz’s heart to visit a granny who lives in another town. To get there they must pass through the Maxwell’s town.

Dave e-mails Steve.

Hail the Lord

Dear Steve,

My good lady wife and I have been purposed by the lord to visit her grandmother in Suchandsuch. We will be travelling through your town on Thursday next. We would consider it a blessing straight from heaven if we could arrange to call in and visit your exceptionally god-fearing family.

Yours in his name

Dave

Dear Dave,

After prayful consideration the lord has laid it on my heart to invite you to fellowship with us from 2-3 next Thursday.

Yours in the service of King

Steve

Dear Steve,

We are blessed by your kind invitation.

Dave

At Wednesday evening’s family pray time Steve takes a moment to explain that tomorrow’s schedule is going to be thrown awry as they will be receiving visitors at 2 o’clock. Heart rates rise, excitement is palpable. Sarah is instructed to ready her camera at 1.55 tomorrow, cutting into her skirting board dusting. Jesse is instructed to take 5 minutes from his evening routine to run over the road and ask that the extended family try visit at this time for fellowship if they can fit it into their schedules. Mary is told she can finish her lesson on counting the number of times the word ‘blessing’ appears in Romans chapter 8 five minutes early to prepare for the excitement. Anna is asked to take a few minutes from her fan cleaning to collect pencils and clean square white paper and place it near the dining room table.

Let us pray.

On Thursday Liz and Dave dutifully arrive at 2.02.

2.03 – 2.07 – welcome

2.07 – 2.17 – pray for safe arrival of guests

2.17 – 2.20 – ask visitors if they have any personal needs (ie. do they need to pee?)

2.20 – 2.30 – visitors meet with Steve and Terri for counselling re their union and God’s place in it. Pray for arrival of small blessings.

2.30 – 2-45 – drawing lesson at the dining room table. Everyone is blessed by the knowledge they gained form the lesson.

2.45 – 2-58 – photos and chat with extended family

2.85 – 3.00 – pray for safe onward journey

3.01 – visitors leave; Maxwell family sigh the sigh of the exhausted. What an afternoon! Steve declares everyone take 3 minutes to recover from the excitement in their assigned recliner.

Life goes on at its glacial speed.

So how does a visit like this go down? Let me speculate:

The lord lays it on Dave and Liz’s heart to visit a granny who lives in another town. To get there they must pass through the Maxwell’s town.

Dave e-mails Steve.

Hail the Lord

Dear Steve,

My good lady wife and I have been purposed by the lord to visit her grandmother in Suchandsuch. We will be travelling through your town on Thursday next. We would consider it a blessing straight from heaven if we could arrange to call in and visit your exceptionally god-fearing family.

Yours in his name

Dave

Dear Dave,

After prayful consideration the lord has laid it on my heart to invite you to fellowship with us from 2-3 next Thursday.

Yours in the service of King

Steve

Dear Steve,

We are blessed by your kind invitation.

Dave

At Wednesday evening’s family pray time Steve takes a moment to explain that tomorrow’s schedule is going to be thrown awry as they will be receiving visitors at 2 o’clock. Heart rates rise, excitement is palpable. Sarah is instructed to ready her camera at 1.55 tomorrow, cutting into her skirting board dusting. Jesse is instructed to take 5 minutes from his evening routine to run over the road and ask that the extended family try visit at this time for fellowship if they can fit it into their schedules. Mary is told she can finish her lesson on counting the number of times the word ‘blessing’ appears in Romans chapter 8 five minutes early to prepare for the excitement. Anna is asked to take a few minutes from her fan cleaning to collect pencils and clean square white paper and place it near the dining room table.

Let us pray.

On Thursday Liz and Dave dutifully arrive at 2.02.

2.03 – 2.07 – welcome

2.07 – 2.17 – pray for safe arrival of guests

2.17 – 2.20 – ask visitors if they have any personal needs (ie. do they need to pee?)

2.20 – 2.30 – visitors meet with Steve and Terri for counselling re their union and God’s place in it. Pray for arrival of small blessings.

2.30 – 2-45 – drawing lesson at the dining room table. Everyone is blessed by the knowledge they gained form the lesson.

2.45 – 2-58 – photos and chat with extended family

2.85 – 3.00 – pray for safe onward journey

3.01 – visitors leave; Maxwell family sigh the sigh of the exhausted. What an afternoon! Steve declares everyone take 3 minutes to recover from the excitement in their assigned recliner.

Life goes on at its glacial speed.

Hmm, I think I smell a chapter in the next Moody book: Missionaries meet the Moodys.

quote]

My inner twelve-year-old wants to know how it's possible to fellowship in the Lord Jesus. I thought he abstained from pleasures of the flesh? And encouraging each other to fellowship in Jesus just seems kinky. :lol:

Hi, Steve! :music-tool: Just so you're aware, what some might call drawing lessons can quickly turn into fun, and we can't have that, can we? Something to consider. :naughty:

AAAAARGH!!! Sarah teases us with all the talk of drawing lessons and art, and then we get what? NO PICTURES OF ART. Nada. Were they so awful, or so good they'd be an idol?

This is like their cooking/baking posts where we never get to see the finished product. Blogging FAIL.

AAAAARGH!!! Sarah teases us with all the talk of drawing lessons and art, and then we get what? NO PICTURES OF ART. Nada. Were they so awful, or so good they'd be an idol?

This is like their cooking/baking posts where we never get to see the finished product. Blogging FAIL.

Right! And why art lessons -- is that visiting guy an artist of some kind? C'mon, Poor Sarah, give us some context here. Were they drawing the daffodil in the vase on the table, were they drawing the Maxwell's kitchen, were they making sketches of Jesus? Why the art lessons?

And I felt sorry for Joseph sitting there doing that. If all had gone to plan, he'd be married and able to skip such artistic fellowship.

But the Maxwells do have a few artist followers. One has commented that he runs life drawing classes. :lol:

I am shocked and appalled that the Maxwells were creating graven images. They are becoming worldly and turning from God - that hour could have been far better spent in prayer and lamentation.

Do you know where you are going when you die, Steve? You are leading your family into sin and idolatry, at your own dining room table.

But the Maxwells do have a few artist followers. One has commented that he runs life drawing classes. :lol:

I saw that. That has to be one of us, right?

Drawing for fun seems so unMaxwell-like. I figure it's a project they're working on. I can't imagine anyone just drawing on a whim. Spontaneity is addicting and can lead to sinful activities like having FUN.

Drawing for fun seems so unMaxwell-like. I figure it's a project they're working on. I can't imagine anyone just drawing on a whim. Spontaneity is addicting and can lead to sinful activities like having FUN.

I think Dave is teaching them how to illustrate the Moody books. Have to keep it all in the family you know. Of one of the others shows any semblance of talent, their current illustrator will be kicked to the curb faster than you can say "Keeping our Children's Hearts through Sheltering"- one less dubious non-family member Christian to associate with!

Archived