IGNORED

Pastor Morecraft wants to enslave "unbelivers"

AnnieC 305

So Proverbs 11:29 is from the old testament but he is saying if you don't trust in Christ You need to follow a Jewish bible? How does that work exactly?

Let us not worry, for I am sure that it'll be benevolent slavery. And our masters will suffer more for this than us lowly unbelievers will. They will have to bear it on their consciences, while caring for us heathens, when we just get corrected, lovingly. And what could possibly go wrong? Right? Right...?!?

Sorry about that, for a moment I saw myself in "Song of the South". Yeah, that's a really fucked-up idea. :roll:

But don't you know that was why the poor people of Africa were brought to England and the US. It was the white, Christian man's job to help the heathen black people come to Jeebus and that's why they made them slaves. They wouldn't know about 'god' otherwise. So, clearly the only way to bring people to Christ is to make them work for Christians without any pay or say in their life while being treated as a quarter of a person in the census.

Is not this the same "mastah" who needs to be wheeled around the Vatican whilst showing a book bag that says "Read Rushdoony" and counts it a clever and daring act of protest, or something?

I'm 100% certain this enchanting creature was a houseguest of the Serven Clan, my gateway dominoinists. Which means he's been within 100 miles of me. The mind reels.

Is not this the same "mastah" who needs to be wheeled around the Vatican whilst showing a book bag that says "Read Rushdoony" and counts it a clever and daring act of protest, or something?

I'm 100% certain this enchanting creature was a houseguest of the Serven Clan, my gateway dominoinists. Which means he's been within 100 miles of me. The mind reels.

The very same. He's married to Becky Belcher Morecraft, who sang at least one solo at Doug (The Tool's) film fest this year. She's the one who teaches young ladies how to write like proper wimminfolk, and sing like happy little larks, and hold their teacups with pinkies modestly extended. Interestingly, her Facebook page boasts that she attended two colleges, ultimately acquiring a BA degree in English. Just another example of the fundie philosophy of "do as I say, not as I do," don't'cha know.

So this conference was like getting a degree in history in one week? And if my grandmother had had wheels she would have been a wagon.

Could Dougie the Tool please explain how Rome, which was a great civilization and thouroughly Christian at the end, eventually fell? After all, he gave an entire lecture on how great civilizations that don't have Christ eventually fall.

Can't we all kick in some money and buy these people an island they could have dominion over? I'm sure it would be an absolute showcase of Toolism, and it would have the added benefit of getting all the patriarchs out of my current chin length bob.

Well, Massah Morecraft needn't look hard. Anyone with a few bucks can purchase a slave; the global trade in human beings is bigger now than it ever was during the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.

Thank you for posting that moving talk. Makes my troubles seem so small.

The very same. He's married to Becky Belcher Morecraft, who sang at least one solo at Doug (The Tool's) film fest this year. She's the one who teaches young ladies how to write like proper wimminfolk, and sing like happy little larks, and hold their teacups with pinkies modestly extended. Interestingly, her Facebook page boasts that she attended two colleges, ultimately acquiring a BA degree in English. Just another example of the fundie philosophy of "do as I say, not as I do," don't'cha know.

Hehe, Belcher.

Don't know when it happened, but the Morecraft video linked at that website is now private. Good, fewer people will see the idiocy & filth stemming from this so-called church.

Speaking of which, look who's an elder there: chalcedon.org/about-us. None other than Bill "Victim of Marxists" Potter.

The dominionist pastor interprets the Proverb to predict that in a Christian theocracy, an unbeliever will “lose his family, his property, and his freedom,†and “his energies, talents and life will not be used as he himself pleases, but in the service of wise people who work hard to benefit the community.â€

“Put him in somebody’s service where they can watch over him and make him do right even though he doesn’t want to do it.â€

According to Pastor Morecraft, the consequences of being a “foolish person who is unwilling to live by the Word of God†is to “become a slave of somebody who is godly and who is wise.

What the hell? How can his congregation sit quietly in their pews while he spews this crap. It surprises me that Dominionist don't call for raping war brides or stoning virgins that don't scream loud enough during their rapes.

Let us not worry, for I am sure that it'll be benevolent slavery. And our masters will suffer more for this than us lowly unbelievers will. They will have to bear it on their consciences, while caring for us heathens, when we just get corrected, lovingly. And what could possibly go wrong? Right? Right...?!?

Sorry about that, for a moment I saw myself in "Song of the South". Yeah, that's a really fucked-up idea. :roll:

Hey, that correction won't kill us, at least not for two days. After two days, they aren't responsible if we die from the results of their loving correction but we probably deserved it anyway.

I wanted to see the video and post it to one of my atheist facebook pages.

Misread "Morecraft" as "Minecraft" and thought this was some weird advertising ploy by Mojang until I remembered what forum I was on.

But yeah. Seconding the "what an idiot" sentiment.

he is a tool no doubt. I do believe however his daughter Mercy, who is 22/23 is or has attended actual college and may have even worked at the Gap. Horrors, I know.... I would love it if everyone one of these women who have been raised to think their only worth is to be a wife/mother/broodmare would tell their parents to shove it. Perhaps Mercy is a start, then we can hope for the rest of Coughlan girls....

FWIW, these people are Reformed Presbyrterians.

he is a tool no doubt. I do believe however his daughter Mercy, who is 22/23 is or has attended actual college and may have even worked at the Gap. Horrors, I know.... I would love it if everyone one of these women who have been raised to think their only worth is to be a wife/mother/broodmare would tell their parents to shove it. Perhaps Mercy is a start, then we can hope for the rest of Coughlan girls....

FWIW, these people are Reformed Presbyrterians.

Aren't the people at Vision Forum Reformed Presbyterians? As sick as this sounds, I could imagine that lot owning slaves.

Aren't the people at Vision Forum Reformed Presbyterians? As sick as this sounds, I could imagine that lot owning slaves.

Why else would so many of them be all excited about the antebellum balls, etc.

Apparently Pastor Morecraft has company:

gawker.com/5950302/yet-another-arkansas-legislator-is-nuts-if-slavery-were-so-godawful-why-didnt-jesus-condemn-it

Doesn't the Declaration of Independence include the rights to "Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"? How can you cling so desperately to the Second Amendment yet ignore the preamble?

Doesn't the Declaration of Independence include the rights to "Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"? How can you cling so desperately to the Second Amendment yet ignore the preamble?

I think you'll find that it includes rights to "Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness (as long as you believe what I believe)". :roll:

What the hell? How can his congregation sit quietly in their pews while he spews this crap. It surprises me that Dominionist don't call for raping war brides or stoning virgins that don't scream loud enough during their rapes.

Don't go giving them any ideas!

Apparently Pastor Morecraft has company:

gawker.com/5950302/yet-another-arkansas-legislator-is-nuts-if-slavery-were-so-godawful-why-didnt-jesus-condemn-it

If slavery were so godawful why didnt jesus condemn it?

1) Jesus also says nothing to condemn abortion or homosexuality, the two facets of life that evangelical Christianity seems to find more appalling than hunger, preventable disease, mass incarceration, or oppression. If Jesus declining to condemn some part of life has all of a sudden in this instance become a sign that he favors it, conservative Christianity has some explaining to do.

2) What does this dude think Luke 4:18 means, anyway? Slaves, circa the events recorded in the Gospels, are prisoners of war. Ergo, captives. Nowhere in the bible is anyone practicing the kind of chattel slavery over which we fought the Civil War, yet Jesus

The stupidity of this dude's argument is painful. He may not approve of liberation theology, but liberation theology is a thing in the world, and it has grounding in scripture.

Archived