IGNORED

It's definitely the end of the world this time

julie paradox

Anna Matrix is on form.

Berg - oglio is mountain - river in Italy pointing to Rome

ie Rock - Roman river

Peter the Roman, qed!

(never mind that the Oglio flows into the Po in very northern Italy, pointing in the other direction. Don't confuse me with the facts)

I... don't understand your post. So, the world is ending because of... a river? I'm confused.

No, because of Rome. Habemus Papam. Catholics. The end of the world, it's been a Catholic plot all along!

(I think Anna Matrix is the main clue here... I just don't know who she is)

Guest Anonymous

It's based on this, from Anna Matrix:

His name, Bergoglio, is interesing. "Berg" means "mountain" in old english, dutch, norse, icelandic, Proto-Germanic, and Indo-European... all Euro/Roman countries. "Oglio" is a river in Italy, pointing us to Rome. So we have the new Pope's name meaning rock-rome. Peter means 'rock'. So some are saying his last name is Peter/Roman.

Much more here: anna.xanga.com/772105306/item/

Essentially, it's a ton of loose connections and conspiracy logic to explain why the new pope fulfils some prophecy about the end of the world... or something.

There are some fun quotes and comments:

Frank-firster's last words of his first sentence as Pope were 'fine del mondo', means 'end of the world'. Ironic, that.

My friend (Garfette) pointed out that since both of his parents are Italian and merely immigrated to Argentina, that he is, indeed, of 100% Roman blood. I agree with her wholeheartedly - and this might be part of WHY the prophecy calls him Peter the ROMAN... to highlight the fact that - despite what everyone says about him being from the 'new world' or whatever - this man is a Roman.

And from the comments...

This has nothing to do with anything, except perhaps the fact that I just watched Evita a few days ago, but I find it interesting that he is from Argentina and is called the people's pope. Just like Eva Peron was all about 'the people'.

:think:

I didn't understand the OP either. But I did start singing R.E.M.

*It's the end of the world as we know it

It's the end of the world as we know it

And I feel fine....*

:character-beavisbutthead:

Anna Matrix is a long time prophetess, conspiracy theorist and generally crazy as a loon. She could find a fulfillment of prophecy in a Walmart receipt.

And now I have to go and watch Jon Stewart channel Glenn Beck again.

Anna Matrix is a long time prophetess, conspiracy theorist and generally crazy as a loon. She could find a fulfillment of prophecy in a Walmart receipt.

That would explain a lot about wal mart

For those unfamiliar, the Prophecy of the Popes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

(wikipedia, not breaking)

Proponents of the prophecies claim that Pope Benedict XVI corresponded to the pope described in the penultimate prophecy. The list ends with a pope identified as "Peter the Roman", whose pontificate will allegedly bring the destruction of the city of Rome and usher in the beginning of the Apocalypse.

Now people who believe BXVI is the penultimate Pope are trying to connect Francis to "Peter the Roman".

Seriously, it's like we get an apocalypse every week. Humans sure are great survivors.

I've followed Anna Matrix for years! It's amazing how many times she predicts the end of the world, is wrong, but keeps trying. She's convinced that these clues are true when she "green lights" or gets a feeling from God. I think she is likely bipolar.

Apocalypse? We've all been there.

The same old trips. Why should we care.

Don't worry, it's just a standard apocalypse. Xander will get donuts.

I've followed Anna Matrix for years! It's amazing how many times she predicts the end of the world, is wrong, but keeps trying. She's convinced that these clues are true when she "green lights" or gets a feeling from God. I think she is likely bipolar.

I know nothing about this Anna, but based on what you wrote I would say schizophrenic, not bipolar. Or just very wacky.

I know nothing about this Anna, but based on what you wrote I would say schizophrenic, not bipolar. Or just very wacky.

I would also say she might be schizophrenic , as that illness can produce hallucinations as well as hearing voices, which if the person is really religious, they would claim it's God talking to them. Now, this thread is great for my avatar.

The US judge gives her a 10 in Mental Gymnastics!

The reason I suspected bipolar is because she seems to cycle through a distinct manic and depressive stage. When she's manic she's excited about her predictions and posts about her family life. When she's depressive she gets more and more private, removes family pictures, hides content etc and acts frustrated that no one appreciates her prophetic voice in the wilderness. She's removed her whole site and brought it back several times.

Ah, okay. That does sound possibly bipolar. Who knows? Maybe she's both.

Sorry y'all, I forget that not everyone is steeped in the prophecies of Malachy ;-)

Personally I think "Peter the Roman" was just Malachy's way of saying "the ultimate pope" and nothing to do with the particular person at all.

Anna (along with Sacrificial Camilla who has stopped again) was my gateway weirdofundie. I still hold out hope that eventually she will realise she was wrong - though I'm having to admit that it will come too late for her oldest child, now that she reckons it could be as much as ten years between start and finish (originally we were going to be in Total Unmistakeable Ending by 2014).

If only she could realise that, and somehow hold on to her sanity at the same time, she could be a fabulous mother and homeschooler - and wife, too, now she's come to see that Brian is better for her than Plan A. Unfortunately I don't think she'll ever be able to settle in a moderate religion: when she finally has to admit that all her prophecy was wrong she'll either turn atheist, decide it was Lucifer and establish a weird anti-demon theology based on Leviticus, or decide she misinterpreted genuine spirit voices because she's been so misled by "Judaeo-Christian tradition" and construct a massive pagan pantheon of her very own.

Actually, that might be quite fun. Though not for her kids.

Apocalypse? We've all been there.

The same old trips. Why should we care.

Don't worry, it's just a standard apocalypse. Xander will get donuts.

I'm really tired of it, to the point that if there really was an apocalypse, I'd be just sitting there yawning. Watching some horror, probably, just to pass time pleasantly. Eating empty carbs. Crying wolf much? Have been encountering these "news" ever since I was a kid.

I'm really tired of it, to the point that if there really was an apocalypse, I'd be just sitting there yawning. Watching some horror, probably, just to pass time pleasantly. Eating empty carbs. Crying wolf much? Have been encountering these "news" ever since I was a kid.

This time is different!

I can't get excited about apocalyptic warnings anymore, either. The whole Mayan thing? Yeah, I remember the Y2k debacle. Wake me up when it's over.

Archived