IGNORED

A NOT TOO NICE ARTICLE ABOUT MOTHER THERESA

Lillybee

Nothing new, really. She's had a number of critics over the years who did not see her as very noble or saintly.

Probably her most dedicated & articulate critic was the late Christopher Hitchens, an outspoken atheist, who wrote the book Missionary Position:

http://www.salon.com/2012/12/14/how_chr ... is_sacred/

I think she was a disgusting and horrible woman with questionable morals and judgement. I think that this article, and the writings put out by Hitchens explains it all.

I dislike the fact that she denied terminally ill people pain relief because suffering was the way to heaven for them. (And also because it cost money.) I think most of what she did was motivated by a perverted self interest. I don't by any means see her as a saint. She created a very clever myth around herself which was enabled by some fairly significant people.

I dislike the fact that she denied terminally ill people pain relief because suffering was the way to heaven for them. (And also because it cost money.) I think most of what she did was motivated by a perverted self interest. I don't by any means see her as a saint. She created a very clever myth around herself which was enabled by some fairly significant people.

And didn't deny herself excellent medical care -- not in her own facilities.

All this stuff came out a long time ago, but I suspect the charities she founded wanted to keep the show on the road.

I find her approach nauseating and beyond hypocritical, 'Homes for the Dying' while she herself availed of every modern intervention to keep living. And I'd love to know what happened to the millions in donations over the years.

I think she was a disgusting and horrible woman with questionable morals and judgement. I think that this article, and the writings put out by Hitchens explains it all.

Indeed she was dogmatic and depraved in her treatment of other human beings. For those who don't believe me, I'm always happy to offer proof: Mother Teresa was a Fraud.

As a sufferer of chronic pain, her denial of painkillers for those in pain is the most depraved, disgusting, outright evil thing I can imagine.

Who needs the devil when you have saints like her?

She was a terrible person. Looks like she's not a saint yet, just beatified - maybe God can stop it.

Archived