IGNORED

Ripper Street ((possible spoilers))

Claddagh

Episode seven did leave some loose ends open.

While we do learn about Jackson's life before coming to England I feel like we don't really know him or his past.

Meeting Susan's father was a surprise. At the same time I've got to wonder what made Susan decide to open a brothel?

Poor Hobbs! :( Hobbs really had potential for growth and character development. It's such a shame poor Hobbs had to be killed. Being paralyzed and then being dropped into the water must've been terrifying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Episode seven did leave some loose ends open.

Poor Hobbs! :( Hobbs really had potential for growth and character development. It's such a shame poor Hobbs had to be killed. Being paralyzed and then being dropped into the water must've been terrifying.

Claddagh, I could hardly believe that they chose to have that fate meet that particular character!

The scene where Reid and Drake are examining Hobbs in the dead room and they realize what had happened completely wrecked me. When Artherton comes in and asks if they would be allowed to kill whoever had done it, and Reid and Drake are all teary-eyed.. :cry:

I also really enjoyed the finale, and thought it was an emotionally strong closer to the first series while still managing to end on a positive note. Some moments that truly gutted me:

-Artherton's leading the squad in the singing tribute to Hobbs :cry:

- Drake's total isolation with Rose gone and Hobbs dead, seeking out someone at Long Susan's to just hold :crying-yellow:

- The moment that Reid realizes that the girl being held by Silver was not his daughter :cry:

I was glad that Drake finally called Reid out on his impersonal treatment of the men in H Division (and Drake himself). Maybe they will finally have more of a relationship of equals now?

Now if I could have my wishes granted, here's what I'd like to see happen in the next series:

-Reid and his wife to regain their relationship. It looks like it was heading in that direction in the last scene with the two of them in it as they were leaving Ms. Goren's orphanage.

-For Drake to realize that he can do better than Rose and find someone more worth his true heart -- maybe Ms. Goren? The kids in the orphanage really seem to like Drake.....

-For Jackson and Drake to bury the hatchet once and for all. Jackson did save Drake's life twice, after all.

-For Reid to stop treating his men like they are dogs -- all that finger snapping he does at them just pisses me off.

And I realize that few of my wishes are likely to be granted, because then most of the emotional tension would be removed, and they'd just have to find new interpersonal crisis to confront the characters. But a girl can dream....

Now if I could have my wishes granted, here's what I'd like to see happen in the next series:

-Reid and his wife to regain their relationship. It looks like it was heading in that direction in the last scene with the two of them in it as they were leaving Ms. Goren's orphanage.

-For Drake to realize that he can do better than Rose and find someone more worth his true heart -- maybe Ms. Goren? The kids in the orphanage really seem to like Drake.....

-For Jackson and Drake to bury the hatchet once and for all. Jackson did save Drake's life twice, after all.

-For Reid to stop treating his men like they are dogs -- all that finger snapping he does at them just pisses me off.

Me too.

I also want to see Reid and Emily mend their relationship. Brother Claddagh was thinking they could adopt a little girl from Ms. Goren's orphanage.

Poor Drake! I really feel sorry for him. When Rose wrote out that letter I was hoping she would give it to him instead of just hiding it away.

It was cute seeing Drake smiling, picking up that little girl, and walking along with her.

I think some of Reid's behavior with his snapping his fingers and such comes from the idea that police officers were low in status. Reid has nice clothes, is an inspector, so he may be considered higher up on the social scale.

Back then people were taught the higher up on the social scale you were the better you were. It is possible Reid sees the other men as beneath him.

Poor Hobbs' wife! We never learn of her until now but seeing her take his belongings and walking away was so sad. It would've been nice to have learned more about his past.

I just finished watching the last two episodes and I can't wait till the next season! I love this show. Thank you Claddagh for your defrauding avatar getting me to watch this show.

Archived