IGNORED

Ripper Street ((possible spoilers))

Claddagh

Has anyone seen episode 6? Since I don't want to wait till I can see it, can someone tell me what happened to his daughter and why he thinks she is still alive? I saw a summary of the episode that says he tells it all the the Jewish orphan lady.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone seen episode 6? Since I don't want to wait till I can see it, can someone tell me what happened to his daughter and why he thinks she is still alive? I saw a summary of the episode that says he tells it all the the Jewish orphan lady.

Basically, what happened was a boat-crash. Mathilda slipped away from Reid, and he got knocked out. She wasn't among the dead that were found, so he believes that she's alive.

Basically, what happened was a boat-crash. Mathilda slipped away from Reid, and he got knocked out. She wasn't among the dead that were found, so he believes that she's alive.

Thank you! Well this makes the tension between him and his wife a little more understanding.

He refuses to watch Buffy??? :o Oh the sacrilege! What, does he think Joss Whedon simply sprang into being with The Avengers? Yep, I too would doubt his TV cred. ;)

I know. I don't know how you can call yourself a geek or a nerd or whatever, if you haven't seen Buffy. Ridiculous.

Via Amazon, I saw those scenes, so BBC America must be cutting them for ads.

Anyway I can cajole someone into watching Being Human UK? It is a very lonely fandom for me...I only have one friend who loves it - but she won't watch season 4 because no Aidan Turner...

You're getting cheated :( . Just to be sure, I went back and had a quick look, and the shooting range scene starts at roughly 22 min and goes on till 24 min. The second flashback scene happens at 30 min, also lasting 2 min, and yes, it does happen after the pub- scene. Hope this helps.

Thank you for responding, samurai _sarah. I had a feeling, just from the rather ragged way the cuts to and from commercials occurred that this was the case, but I never had any way to confirm it until I found the screen caps and you responded. Bummer! :(

I wonder if I would get the deleted scenes if I buy the dvd release of the series?

ETA: Oops, I didn't see your response, Duplesis, before I posted. I guess it stands to reason that if they are on the Amazon version, they should be on the dvd release? I hope so, because it makes me wonder just how many scenes I have missed......

I guess it stands to reason that if they are on the Amazon version, they should be on the dvd release? I hope so, because it makes me wonder just how many scenes I have missed......

They should be releasing the DVD set in March. Hopefully they'll have all the cut scenes in the DVD set.

Thanks, Claddagh! I will definitely be putting this series on my wish list. Perhaps the totally Christian, not related- to pagan fertility symbols in any way, Easter Bunny will deliver it up to me!

Via Amazon, I saw those scenes, so BBC America must be cutting them for ads.

Anyway I can cajole someone into watching Being Human UK? It is a very lonely fandom for me...I only have one friend who loves it - but she won't watch season 4 because no Aidan Turner...

*raises hand* I thought it was going to be bad without Aidan Turner, but it keeps me on the edge of my seat. And I have a creepy crush on Tom McNair. :oops:

Sorry for the derail.

I'm looking forward to episode seven when we learn more about Jackson.

There was a lot of scheming and backstabbing in episode six.

Some of the characters holding Matidla's disappearance/death over Edmund's head like that is cruel. Jackson writing "suck my yankee balls" and then the comment afterwards made me laugh. Poor guy for being tortured like he was. Also with medical technology being what it was then Jackson does run the possibility of having his hand crippled. I doubt it will go that far with the character.

Seeing Drake with the little girl was cute. After being rejected by Rose, and going through what he did in episode five, it was nice seeing him still have his heart.

I really wonder if Emily and Edmund can fix their relationship? I felt bad when Edmund says "I need you!" and Emily walks away from him. Especially since back then men were told not to express their emotions so with his guilt and wanting to be with his wife it is really messing Edmund up. When he does show emotion he lashes out at others.

Brother Claddagh was wondering if Edmund will divorce Emily. With divorce being so scandalous back then they may be married just in name.

She sure has an interesting chin.

Last episode was perfection - tons of character development, and very subtle acting...didn't hurt that a few of my favorite subjects were included!

I really enjoyed this episode as well, particularly because we finally got some more insight into the nature and origins of the strain that exists within Edmund and Emily's marriage. Jackson really got to have some great moments in this episode too. Too bad there are only two more episodes left. I guess I'll just have to look forward to Game of Thrones starting up again at the end of March.

There's still that tantalizing bit regarding why Reid feels so guilty about the boating accident that resulted in his daughter's disappearance. He seems to feel that their boat was rammed on purpose, quite possibly because he was on board. So what else is lurking in his past that could have resulted in someone's wanting him out of the picture so badly that they would to to the trouble of orchestrating a boat wreck??

I love the relationship between Jackson and Drake. This is the second time that Jackson's saved Drake's life in ridiculously tense situations that allowed for no verbal exchange. They just seem to understand each other so well that the required actions are taken without any vocal queues. I love the scene where Drake is returning Jackson's gun and trying to bumble out an apology -- which Jackson doesn't make him finish.

Another great scene was Drake walking in on Reid and Ms. Goren's intimate moment. His boggle-eyed shock couldn't have been played more perfectly. So will this discovery hurt or help Reid and Drake's association? I'm thinking that it may end up helping, since Reid is no longer this perfect paragon of virtue in Drake's eyes, which may result in more of a relationship of equals now.

It looks like it's going to be showing again on Wednesday at 11:00 PM Eastern Time on BBC America, if it's not up on on-demand prior to that.

When they air the episode on Wednesdays they do tend to edit it down just to warn you.

I'm looking forward to when it comes out on DVD so I can see any parts they cut out of the show.

Still haven't made up my mind on the last in the series (ep 8), because

I'm not entirely sure whether they said that Silver was the Ripper, or whether one of the victims was his. Maybe I need to watch it again, but the whole Ripper-thing just seemed a bit brushed off

Something that made me happy was that

"Mary" didn't turn out to be Reid's daughter. It would have seemed to pat. And they left lots of loose ends in the relationships, which I personally like. The very last scene was tentatively up-beat, so if they ended it here, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Overall, I thought it was a good finale. But, please tell me there's a second season! :pray:

Good news for you, samurai_sarah, Ripper Street has been granted a second season.

Here's an article confirming:

http://www.hitfix.com/news/ripper-stree ... bc-america

Hallelujah! Thank you - I was just about to go down on my knees with my rosary (cultural Catholic), because I'm dying to know what will happen

to Reid, his wife and the orphanage lady with whom he has an affair- whose name I can never remember. Also, I need to know what happens to Rose and Drake.

Archived