IGNORED

"Gay dog" about to be put down - merged

Edhelfin

Some dogs hump anything regardless of gender, species or whether it is a living thing, like peoples legs and teddy bears.

Yes, gay sex is common amongst many species of animal...doesnt that prove to fundies that its not a choice?

Poor dog! It makes me wonder if some people would give away a child if they knew within the first few months that he or she was going to be homosexual. I wonder if some of the fundies would change their stance on abortion if there was genetic testing for homosexuality before birth.

I dunno, I kind of like the idea of adopting a quiverfull of LGBT kids.

My dog humped my cat sometimes. I think it was more to remind her he thought he was in charge.

Our dog tried to hump on of our cats, another cat tried to hump the dog, and all the cats hump each other. It is a regular ole orgy up in here. (They are all fixed, btw)

Dogs even masturbate better make sure they are not left alone. My old man cat has set with his toys and it suck when he wakes you up going at it.

I found another article online about the subject. Apparently the dog has been re-named by the new owner. His name...Elton. Ha! :lol: Clearly his new owner has a wicked sense of humor.

My friend's dog doesn't try to hump anything except for my arm. I'm not sure what that says about his sexuality or my deodorant.

I've heard about humans who humped a bus. Not sure if it was a male or female bus, though.

Since it is Uriah, pretty sure it was male.

Which I think makes me straight. But I have humped other intimate objects, so not sure.

That's what I think as well, as there would be plenty of anti abortion supporters who would quickly change their stance if it meant they could avoid having a homosexual child. I did see a bumper sticker somewhere that said, "If the fetus you save turns out to be gay, would you still fight for its rights?" The thing that would still have to change is fundies accepting that people are born gay, as many of them still see it as a choice.

Still, I think these people are just assholes who never should have gotten a goldfish, let alone a dog. After all, dogs mount even if they have been neutered as it's not about sexuality at all, but dominance. I've even heard of dominant female dogs lifting their legs like male dogs do when they pee, but it doesn't mean that she's a lesbian.

There's a TV movie with just that plot. A couple finds out that the baby that they are going to have will be gay. The family debates whether or not to abort the baby. The movie is The Twilight of the Golds. I don't know what they decide as I've never seen the film.

One of my girl dogs does lift her leg a bit when she pees, but I think that's so her feet don't get wet. She kinda short.

Btw, my Shih tzu has this toy sheep she likes to hump.

Its dominance behavior not sex. When will people learn animals aren't people and their behaviors cn have different motivations?

Because to fundies, EVERYTHING is about sex.

My cat and my dog go at it when my cat is in heat. They're both females. I guess that would make them a lesbian, interracial couple? :roll:

Yes, my female dog and cat are the same way. Sweet really, and I try to give them their privacy. Of course, my dog has been known to cheat on the cat with her dog bed. I haven't told the cat; can't figure out how to break it to her.

Seriously, this poor dog's former owner needs to go eat a fungus waffle.

We used to have a female dog who would constantly hump the cats. And she didn't care which one she had. Or even which end of the cat she had. Frequently, she'd be humping the cat's head. She wasn't that bright of a dog.

I have a male cat, who is in a long term relationship with one of my sandals (I, for obvious reasons, no longer wear said sandal). He humps it and drags it all over my house.

"Oooooh, it feel sooooo good! ACK! CLOSE THE DOOR!!! Stupid hooman."

Lol! We had a cat who used to suckle the blankets while he was kneading them. It was also the only time we ever would hear him purr. I think he was reverting to the joys of nursing kittenhood.

Yeah, the kneading behavior is supposed to be reminding cats of kneading at the Mama Cat teat.

The day when a plot of a South Park episode becomes reality... :angry-fire:

Time for Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride to step in.

QFT

Haven't we learned anything from 'South Park?'

Glad Elton found a new home.

And the dog geek in me has to put this in. Humping is done for all kinds of reasons. It is not reliably a dominance display.

We used to have a female dog who would constantly hump the cats. And she didn't care which one she had. Or even which end of the cat she had. Frequently, she'd be humping the cat's head. She wasn't that bright of a dog.

I have a male cat, who is in a long term relationship with one of my sandals (I, for obvious reasons, no longer wear said sandal). He humps it and drags it all over my house.

Reading this, I literally laughed my ass off! Thank you, I really needed that tonight! :lol:

An additional anecdote - we had a Husky/Shepherd/Lab FEMALE that was fixed, but would attempt to hump my younger daughters on occasion. I am certain that it is more of a canine dominance issue than the fundie approved gay bashing attitude!

I am trying really hard not to lol right now on my break at work. The story is sad with a happy ending but the comments here are priceless.

Glad Elton found a new home.

And the dog geek in me has to put this in. Humping is done for all kinds of reasons. It is not reliably a dominance display.

My poor Irish Setter/Labrador two-way cross (both parents were crosses and the one litter born was positively Mendelian) used to slip his leash and go camp out at the door of every bitch in heat in the neighborhood. But he was such a stumblebum that he used to lose fights with male cockapoos. I'm talking dogs the size of Benji. When my mother finally had him neutered, out of pity I think, his face was all beat up and he still had no puppies. Anyway, when he was well enough to wander the neighborhood again, every intact male dog he met thought he was an absolute siren. So here I was, a little preteen girl, walking this big black dog that had to keep moving because whenever he stopped somebody would hump his butt. Or head. Or flank. They weren't picky. This died down after a few weeks. The vet said that the aftereffects of neutering sometimes included a brief period during which the patient exuded hormones that basically said, "Come on over here, big boy." My poor dog was so confused!

Back on topic: The more I read about modern fundamentalists, the more I think that P.T. Barnum could've made a couple million off of 'em, easy. When you start with the premise that fact-checking is elitist and worldly and whatever, you can end up looking pretty stupid.

Back in the day when I had chickens, I had roosters who would rather hump other roosters over humping the hens.

Archived