IGNORED

"Gay dog" about to be put down - merged

Edhelfin

I am happy to report that a rescue has pulled the dog so he is safe now. I paniced and followed up on this story when I read it a couple hours ago.

Anyone would would do that because of common mounting behavior knows less than nothing about dogs. And is clearly too stupid to learn the whys and wherefores. The dog is better off without the homophobic, dog-behavior-clueless ignoramous.

My dogs were not neutered and during breeding seasons they were kept inside so ... things happened between them. They were males.

My cat and my dog go at it when my cat is in heat. They're both females. I guess that would make them a lesbian, interracial couple? :roll:

Sometimes you think you've seen all that homophobia has to offer and then, BAM! - gay dog comes out of nowhere. I'm glad they found somebody to adopt him.

Poor dog! It makes me wonder if some people would give away a child if they knew within the first few months that he or she was going to be homosexual. I wonder if some of the fundies would change their stance on abortion if there was genetic testing for homosexuality before birth.

Poor dog! It makes me wonder if some people would give away a child if they knew within the first few months that he or she was going to be homosexual. I wonder if some of the fundies would change their stance on abortion if there was genetic testing for homosexuality before birth.

No silly! Don't you know that people aren't BORN homosexual? They are made into homosexuals because other homosexual people breathe on them. :naughty:

No silly! Don't you know that people aren't BORN homosexual? They are made into homosexuals because other homosexual people breathe on them. :naughty:

Oh yes! I forgot this! Whatever was I thinking?

That's a scary situation. But then, with their 100 year dominion plan, there wouldn't BE any scientists left to create such a DNA test.

The stupid it burns with this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-gay.html

Dog sentenced to death in Tennessee because he is 'gay'

Pitbull-type dog faces being put down today unless new owner is found

Abandoned after previous owner saw him mounting another male dog

But animal experts say this is a sign of dominance not sexuality

By Daniel Miller

A dog is set to be put to death in Tennessee today after his owner abandoned him because he thought he was gay.

The pitbull-type hound is currently languishing in an overcrowded animal shelter in Jackson but is due to be put this afternoon down unless a new owner can be found at the last minute.

According to the owner of the shelter, the dog's master noticed him 'hunched over' another male dog, which led him to assume he was gay.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2JZlJd0Bo

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This is incredibly cynical of me, but I also wonder if some of the reason that this got publicised was to get attention for this particular dog to get into a rescue group. Lord knows that pit/hound Xs are typically very hard to find rescue groups to pull them, at least down here.

Dogs mount. Male dogs. Female dogs. Old dogs. Young dogs. Neutered dogs. Spayed dogs. It's just the nature of the beast.

My dog's been neutered since the age of 6 months. In human terms, he's a eunich. While it's limited the worst and most annoying aspects of dominance-seeking behavior, it hasn't entirely stopped him from occasionally trying to mount another dog, be they male or female. We firmly drag him away and give him a set-down if he's pestering a dog who won't put him in his place (most do...a cloud with feet, as my Samoyed has been described, is not intimidating to others) and laugh later about his 'crushes'. But we know it's not sexual. It's about trying to make a superior place for himself in the pack and sometimes being a jerk because of it.

It's a dominance thing between males you arseholes nothing to do with being gay and it's a damn excuse to get shot if the dog. Now that beats the I'm pregnant or I'm moving and dog can't go cos of landlord bollocks.

I'm cynical because it's the DM I feckin hate that rag.

That's what I think as well, as there would be plenty of anti abortion supporters who would quickly change their stance if it meant they could avoid having a homosexual child. I did see a bumper sticker somewhere that said, "If the fetus you save turns out to be gay, would you still fight for its rights?" The thing that would still have to change is fundies accepting that people are born gay, as many of them still see it as a choice.

Still, I think these people are just assholes who never should have gotten a goldfish, let alone a dog. After all, dogs mount even if they have been neutered as it's not about sexuality at all, but dominance. I've even heard of dominant female dogs lifting their legs like male dogs do when they pee, but it doesn't mean that she's a lesbian.

When my Border Collie gets in my bed she humps the blankets lol! She isn't doing anything. She is fixed.

I am happy to report that a rescue has pulled the dog so he is safe now. I paniced and followed up on this story when I read it a couple hours ago.

Thanks for commenting. Jackson is about 45 minutes from here and this has been all over.

When my Border Collie gets in my bed she humps the blankets lol! She isn't doing anything. She is fixed.

"Oooooh, it feel sooooo good! ACK! CLOSE THE DOOR!!! Stupid hooman."

Lol! We had a cat who used to suckle the blankets while he was kneading them. It was also the only time we ever would hear him purr. I think he was reverting to the joys of nursing kittenhood.

My dog is fixed. He got neutered at the rescue before I adopted him. He still has a stuffed animal "friend" that he humps at inappropriate times. I think he's just showing Winne the Pooh who is boss. :twisted:

Archived