IGNORED

Family with 12 kids going to homeschool in RV

homeschoolmomma1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I looked at pictures of the kids and I think they are having a good time, at least from what I saw. They look happy, healthy, and confident.

Very confident in their anti planned parenthood shirts at their multiday anti abortion protest last summer. (they were also selling the shirts. )

http://web.archive.org/web/201207170502 ... new-shirts

THey also had a toddler with an cute little anti abortion sign. The phelps kids all come across as confident at home and at protests, and healthy and happy as well. Doesn't make it true

Very confident in their anti planned parenthood shirts at their multiday anti abortion protest last summer. (they were also selling the shirts. )

http://web.archive.org/web/201207170502 ... new-shirts

THey also had a toddler with an cute little anti abortion sign. The phelps kids all come across as confident at home and at protests, and healthy and happy as well. Doesn't make it true

Well, there is always more to the story and you found it.

GAH! The pictures of the boys in anti-PP shirts us sickening!

Well, there is always more to the story and you found it.

GAH! The pictures of the boys in anti-PP shirts us sickening!

Recognized that PP location. It was right across the highway from one of the hotels we stayed at during our trip across CO last fall. Wonder what else can be found about this family.

ETA: I really dislike people who drag their kids into these rallies.

I also think it's abusive.

I saw an article about them yesterday. I absolutely got a fundie vibe.

hitting your kids with a belt? abusive

punching your wife in the mouth? abusive

molesting your daughter? abusive

screaming obscenities at your husband? abusive

living in a smaller-than-usual (by north american standards) space? while that may not be what everyone loves to do, i would never call it abusive.

note: i don't know anything about this family (including how they treat each other) . . i'm addressing the idea of the small, close quarters living as abusive *in and of itself*. . .

I find it hard to believe that traveling around the country in an RV would be cheaper than having a mortgage. My in-laws paid more for their RV than we paid for our house. It's close quarters with 6 people, but tolerable for a short time. I can't imagine living that way with 14 people for any length of time.

It only gets around 10 mpg, so gas is a huge expense. Campground fees add up too. Sure, you don't always have to park at a campground, but at some point you need to dump out your dirty water and charge up your batteries. I imagine property taxes and insurance would be expensive, too.

And yeah, homeschooling 12 kids in an RV--my first thought also was of Andrea Yates.

I have a question about this post from April 2012

I have been told most of Colorado’s Western Slope animal shelters are no-kill.

I would like to see a no-kill Planned Parenthood. Why do we want to save every cat and dog and kill our own children before they are born?

Let’s cut all tax dollars for Planned Parenthood until it becomes a no-kill Planned Parenthood.

Please contact Planned Parenthood, and the U.S. Senate and Congress. Tell them you would like a no-kill Planned Parenthood.

Are they suggesting that unwanted and dumped babies be kept in cages in No Kill Planned Parenthood's around the country? People wanting a baby could just come and and look at all the cute babies in cages and pick whichever one or two they wanted to take home. Animal shelters are not in any way comparable to Planned Parenthood. That analogy is just ridiculous.

Regarding no-kill Planned Parenthood....do they realize that if a to-be adopted pet is found to be pregnant at a shelter, many times they'll have the vet "pinch" the fetuses, effectively aborting them?

And DEAR GOD those names are awful. At least most of the Duggars got decent names. Who the fuck names their daughter ELEVEN?!

I think it's borderline abusive. Different personalities need different amounts of personal space and alone time. Out of 12 children there has to be at least one whose idea of "fun" is not be so physically close to their parents and 11 siblings all the time. I can't imagine not having anywhere to get away to sit in silence, read, or blow off steam.

This way of living sounds like a nightmare.

I would also cite abuse by virtue of the fact that they're basically isolating and preventing their children from having meaningful contact with other people. Forcing children off the grid is always suspicious, in my opinion.

12 kids in an RV is abusive and shit stupid. You think the Duggar tell all is going to be good? Wait until one of these little monsters escapes. At least the older Duggars have beds.

Archived