IGNORED

New Pro-Life TV series

SpeakNow

There was an ad for this new TV series "Surrendering the Secret" on my radio today. It follows the "post-abortive healing" of a group of women who seem to all have been shamed and guilted into thinking they are terrible horrible no good very bad people for having an abortion.

U-2VNnaPc1w

And, if you're feeling guitly or shamed, don't worry, the group behind this TV show has an entire ministry to help :roll:

http://www.knocktv.com/surrenderthesecret/all-episodes/

http://www.surrenderingthesecret.com/community/testimonials/

So far this "TV channel" exists only on the internet, and Surrender the Secret is its only show. I think they have a long way to go before they "change the face of Christian television."

I don't have time to watch the whole thing now, but it looks really dull--does anything happen in the show except women going "I was so bad but will be freed by God"? I struggle to see the appeal for anyone who's not already a hard-core pro-lifer.

So far this "TV channel" exists only on the internet, and Surrender the Secret is its only show. I think they have a long way to go before they "change the face of Christian television."

I think we will see more Internet TV channels or scripted web series stuff increase over time. I can see more Christian organizations producing their own web series if they get good financial backing. Outside of Christian organizations and production companies, there are Hollywood production companies making webseries with well known actors and actresses. The WIGS shows on youtube are an example.

How about a series showing a girl who didn't get an abortion and gets shamed by the people in the checkout line when she uses her EBT card to buy formula? Or can't find a place to live because funding for public housing was cut asa cost saving measure. Sometimes its the best way out of an untenable situation.

But the whore...er...girl is supposed to have the baby and then give it up for adoption to a godly (hetero) married couple (who will raise the baby to love Jebus and hate fornicating baby-mamas), and go blythely on her way without a backward thought (except for the part where she's supposed to feel horrible lifelong guilt for having been a slutty slut, but that's her justified punishment for being a slut, dontcha know.)

(Said with extreme sarcasm, of course)

Archived