IGNORED

It's that Girl Scout Cookie Time of Year Again

NotALoserLikeYou

Oooh. I have suddenly become convicted to see if that scout team has a table downtown again and purchase a ludicrous number of thin mints.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They tried the mango cremes today on The View and nobody liked them. Whoopie wanted to spit it out. I think they are lower in calories.

This makes me extra happy to know that my fundie-lite relatives are unintentionally supporting ebil causes by buying GS cookies from my cousin. I'll be enjoying the break from my diet even more knowing where my money is going.

How could anyone resist that?!

What an awesome way for girls to learn how to take care of themselves and others.

Brava to those girls. They are clearly smart and kind. I would have bought a bunch too.

My mom iPad a friend who is a scout leader so we always get our cookies through her.

I consulted my furry headship and we agreed to pray about it. After some sweet fellowshipping it had been laid in my heart that we shall buy cookies! A decision was made to check the scouts website for more information. A blessing has clearly been given because they will be 1 mile away and we shall buy all the boxes we can carry.

For years my mom wouldn't let me be in GS because she didn't want me to "pester people" with cookie orders. When I finally joined, we quickly learned that you're not pestering people AT ALL. Dude, they will chase you down to order cookies. However, I don't remember all this female empowerment, sex education, feminism focus from my time as a scout. We just...did fun stuff and gave back to the community. Looking back, it was empowering even without the explicit "girls can do anything message."

Also, if your GS cookie craving hits in the middle of the year, you can find very convincing knock-offs at Dollar General. They're 1/3 of the price. This time of year, I don't mind paying the extra for such an awesome organization.

Just thought I would add that GS cookies (at least the Thin Mints, which is what I always buy) can be frozen and enjoyed year round. Freezing them is the only way I can ration my portions and not eat them all in one sitting!

Archived