IGNORED

It's that Girl Scout Cookie Time of Year Again

NotALoserLikeYou

Saw this on facebook today. My daughters are in the GS and we are selling cookies (and I am going to try to not eat as many as I did last year, which was way, way too many)

19307_544333038911012_4099056_n.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that's what Girl Scout cookies find, I'll take a case.

I like that they (whomever they are) are upset that someone stands by her statement of the Scouts providing "good" and "information based" Sex Ed. Those bastards! How can they provide *information* to children and teens? Don't they know conjecture and myths are all children can handle?

LOL We went through our two boxes of Thin Mints and one box of Peanut Butter Patties (the latter being MINE! ALL MINE!!1!11!!!!) in Dec. I specifically wanted to buy because of all the anti-GS stuff from the past year.

After I'd ordered four boxes from a kid at church, I noticed that there's the option of making a donation to have boxes of the cookies sent to a charitable organization. A nice idea for everyone, especially those who wish not to be led into temptation!

Now I must weep because they don't have Shout Outs anymore. Dang, those were good. Love the Lemonades (frosted lemon shortbread), though, and I've got to try the new Mango Crémes.

After I'd ordered four boxes from a kid at church, I noticed that there's the option of making a donation to have boxes of the cookies sent to a charitable organization. A nice idea for everyone, especially those who wish not to be led into temptation!

I'll have to keep that in mind if I am offered the chance to buy cookies. Is that dependent on the local chapter? I've had to give up wheat due to an allergy, and not being able to eat Samoas is the one thing that I really feel sad about.

My favorite part is "Support the UN anti population goals" - you mean like helping women get birth control so they can have 2 kids instead of 11?

I'll have to keep that in mind if I am offered the chance to buy cookies. Is that dependent on the local chapter? I've had to give up wheat due to an allergy, and not being able to eat Samoas is the one thing that I really feel sad about.

Our form has a box for donated boxes. I think we donated them to the troops last year.

If you want to just donate, you should find a link at your local council's website.

My nieces called and sold me cookies over the phone, with the option of buying extra for the troops.

I'll probably donate to the local council if I don't see anyone in person before the end of the month. As a former Girl Scout, I'd rather donate to someone's troop. I just didn't realize there was the option to send cookies to someone else. Anyway, since this list adds more awesome programs I hadn't heard about, I might just buy boxes to give as gifts ;)

The conundrum: sure I would like to show my support for an organization focused on empowering young girls...

...but I really hate those cookies. They're overrated and overpriced.

Every year. I honestly wish some of these people spreading this nonsense would actually visit some Girl Scout meetings. Tonight, my girls are making postcards to send to other troops...er, I mean Marxist feminists...and discussing the importance of friendship, water conservation, and the various roles women in their lives play (depending on their level in GS.) I'm totes indoctrinating them. Mwa ha ha.

Mmmm, frozen Thin Mints.

I think this board was where I first learned how good they taste frozen. I have just e-mailed my husband asking him to buy from anybody at work who is taking orders.

I think this board was where I first learned how good they taste frozen. I have just e-mailed my husband asking him to buy from anybody at work who is taking orders.

I'm going to track down some Girl Scouts on payday.

There's a group of middle school girlscouts that sell around here. There was a group of boyscouts in the subway selling fudge (I don't even know) and this group of girlscouts set up near them with a rainbow sign that said "Hate Free Cookies!"

As a broke ass grad student... I purchased 4 boxes.

not that i hate girl scouts or anything, but i learned you can make fake thin mints with melted andes mint chocolates and townhouse crackers. a little knowledge is a bad bad thing sometimes.

I'm in, as frozen Thin Mints really are the best. Sure, you can make fake ones, but I'm all for supporting an organization that empowers girls.For that, I'll double my purchases this season. Next fall, my niece will be old enough to become a Daisy Girl Scout, so hopefully, I'll be able to buy cookies from her.

My boyfriend was in scout when he was growing up in South Africa. He wants to put our future kids in scouts but I told him only Girl Scouts if we end up having daughters. I refuse to support Boy Scouts who have a hatred for equality.

Thank you, Girl Scouts, expect me to buy your samoas and thin mints. There goes my diet until all the boxes are gone :D

Archived