IGNORED

"Hotel Transylvania" and my fundie-mania

AuntCloud

Another "you have too much FJ in your system" moment: watching "Hotel Transylvania" with Headship and Blessings today.

A young woman, sheltered by her overprotective dad to the point where he builds a fake village populated with cooperative zombies to scare her off the real world; a major freakout when said world is coming to his protected castle; and Fran Drescher.

Replace "Vampires" with "Fundies" and tone down the defrauding vampire attire, and we're all set. A very enjoyable movie altogether.

I thought the emphasis on "you only zing once" was both silly and, frankly, an irresponsible thing to tell any child. It simply isn't true, even if you use words like zing instead of phrases like fall in love.

Agreed - I really did NOT appreciate the "you only zing once" motto. Especially when the zingers were an uber-sheltered 118 year old and a backpacker who have known each other for about 12 hours.

I thought the emphasis on "you only zing once" was both silly and, frankly, an irresponsible thing to tell any child. It simply isn't true, even if you use words like zing instead of phrases like fall in love.

^ yes. Yes.

I didn't think about the fundie sheltering similarities, either. But it is so true. I wouldn't put it past a fundie to do some sort of set up (not as elaborate, of course) to scare their own children out of the real world.

^ yes. Yes.

I didn't think about the fundie sheltering similarities, either. But it is so true. I wouldn't put it past a fundie to do some sort of set up (not as elaborate, of course) to scare their own children out of the real world.

That's true, I can imagine some fundie family doing an elaborate set-up in an attempt to scare their children away from the real world. Now that I think about it, there really were a lot of similarities with fundies.

Archived