IGNORED

I'm bitter, I admit it. - Infertility

MamaJunebug

*side note i am ambidextrous but write with my right hand, my dad use to be a lefty but they beat his had to make him right hand.

Yeah, they did that to my grandmother and forced her to be a righty. Interestingly, my sister's preschool thought she was a lefty so taught her how to write with her left hand...she does everything except writing with her right and is consequently ambidextrous...I am jealous of her nail-painting ability.

As far as the homebirth issue....It's not that I have a problem with the decision, but rather that I am horrified how ignorant these women are about medical procedures. I am sure they are the same type who refuse vaccines because "they will cause xyz disorder." This is not to say that declining vaccinations or having a homebirth is stupid or reckless decision, but that making medical decision without being informed is irresponsible.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they did that to my grandmother and forced her to be a righty. Interestingly, my sister's preschool thought she was a lefty so taught her how to write with her left hand...she does everything except writing with her right and is consequently ambidextrous...I am jealous of her nail-painting ability.

As far as the homebirth issue....It's not that I have a problem with the decision, but rather that I am horrified how ignorant these women are about medical procedures. I am sure they are the same type who refuse vaccines because "they will cause xyz disorder." This is not to say that declining vaccinations or having a homebirth is stupid or reckless decision, but that making medical decision without being informed is irresponsible.

My grandmother's family also attempted to beat the left handedness out of her. They blamed the live-in maid. No kidding. :roll: One of her children is left handed also, but she and gramps elected not to try and beat it out of him.

We struggled with secondary infertility for more than 5 years. My best advice if your heart or your child's heart is aching for babies that aren't coming is to avoid reading these sorts of blog posts. Just try to stay away from discussion of pregnancies and babies altogether, whenever possible. It's much easier than dealing with annoyed or angry feelings all the time. I get it, though, truly. I vowed to never complain about anything pregnancy- or parenting-related again, because I know what it's like to hear those complaints when you know how precious that chance at parenthood really is.

My husband and I are struggling with secondary infertility right now. A year and a half and counting. So, yeah, these people who complain incessantly about not having the "perfect birth experience", but have a healthy, beautiful baby tick me off. Be thankful you have a child and move on. I'd take a horrible birth experience if it meant I could have another child.

Archived