IGNORED

HUH? Nienie..

OkToBeTakei

nieniedialogues.blogspot.co.uk/

My heart breaks for the families in Connecticut.

Today and since Friday I have held my children close.

I have talked with my children

about those horrible events and tried to explain why.

All I could say to them that brought comfort and peace was that

I believed that angels were there at school with them that day.

They were close by, holding and caring for the children who were

frightened, scared, hurt or taken.

I KNOW angels were there with those children.

They were baring them up and comforting them during such a horrible time.

Now those angels are comforting the families left, who are heartbroken because

they lost a loved one- a child.

Fair enough and nice.

Pictures of her kiddies, also nice.

I am grateful for my knowledge of the

Savior Jesus Christ and his great plan for us.

I know those families-all families, will be

reunited with their children and loved ones again one day.

I want to be diligent in praying with my children before school each day.

I want them to know that we started our day dedicated to God and

If anything should happen we prayed, and we know that

He is in control, He can bless, and He can and will heal broken hearts.

Fair enough, what ever rocks your boat. To each their own comfort.

Then this..

FYI:

I am perfectly happy and content with my role as woman

and mother in the Mormon faith. I feel fulfilled and loved.

I believe if we have a personal relationship

with God and the Savior, Jesus Christ

and we feel confident in his love for us we don't need prove anything to anyone.

This is what I am going to adamantly teach my girls.

Amen.

Huh? Lost me there dear.

Anybody?

I read Nie's blog earlier, the paragraph with her saying she is happy with her role as a Mormon woman is random and weird. A part of me thinks she is giving herself praises for being a Mormon SAHM and she might be trying to stick it non-SAHMs.

The photos from Noah Pozner's funeral service (heartbreaking, I won't link them) make me so angry about the constant Jesusing of the fundies. Noah was Jewish, NieNie. His twin, who survived the shooting, is Jewish. HIs other brothers and sisters are Jewish. His parents are Jewish, and his grandparents, and his aunts and his uncles and his cousins. Your words aren't comforting to them. Their own faith may be, and let's hope it is. Your erasing them (and I don't think Noah was the only Jewish child who was killed) is the opposite of respectful.

I think that she might be defending the role the the Mormon church has for women-they should be mothers who stay home and raise many Mormon children for her sealed-to-forever husband who will be the God of his own planet one day. Nienie is saying that she is happy as a Mormon, and happy as a woman who is Mormon, that is her role and she is fulfilled by it. Being a mother at home is enough for her and she does not have to justify it to any other person who might question limiting women to that role. Except for saying this in her blog, of course.

The late Nancy Lanza was also a full-time mum with no paid work. She was by all accounts a highly attentive parent. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, NieNie.

I think that she might be defending the role the the Mormon church has for women-they should be mothers who stay home and raise many Mormon children for her sealed-to-forever husband who will be the God of his own planet one day. Nienie is saying that she is happy as a Mormon, and happy as a woman who is Mormon, that is her role and she is fulfilled by it. Being a mother at home is enough for her and she does not have to justify it to any other person who might question limiting women to that role. Except for saying this in her blog, of course.

What does that have to do with the rest of her post, though? It's a weird addendum.

Perhaps that she will not have this result with her children? I don't know how the last part relates to the earlier part. I just think the whole thing got her thinking and she came up with that post.

Perhaps that she will not have this result with her children? I don't know how the last part relates to the earlier part. I just think the whole thing got her thinking and she came up with that post.

If that's what she's implying, she's an idiot.

What does that have to do with the rest of her post, though? It's a weird addendum.

I thought it was a weird way to end her post too, but I think it's her response to the Mormon Feminist movement's "wear pants to church day" and all the discussion that has been provoked.

I took it as being completely unrelated to the rest of the post and her just getting her two cents in.

I read Nie's blog earlier, the paragraph with her saying she is happy with her role as a Mormon woman is random and weird. A part of me thinks she is giving herself praises for being a Mormon SAHM and she might be trying to stick it non-SAHMs.

Many Mormon mothers may be SAHMs, but they also don't do what our fundies like to do, which is home school their children. It's only a very, very small subset of US Mormons who home school. I don't know if Nie is homeschooling, but if she is, she is absolutely atypical of Mormon mothers.

edited to correct: Most Mormon women with children under the age of 18 work outside the home. It's financially necessary. Nie may be engaging in the standard Mormon guilt-tripping of these women. If she is, she's pretty crappy. No, Nie, you are not privileged, honey. You're an annoying git.

Then this..

Huh? Lost me there dear.

Anybody?

Maybe she was done talking with the CT shootings and was responding the fact that her sister has been blogging about being a feminist (and about their other sisters admitting to being feminists) and Nie felt it was necessary to show that she is a submissive Mormon housewife who doesn't need any of that goddamn feminism.

The photos from Noah Pozner's funeral service (heartbreaking, I won't link them) make me so angry about the constant Jesusing of the fundies. Noah was Jewish, NieNie. His twin, who survived the shooting, is Jewish. HIs other brothers and sisters are Jewish. His parents are Jewish, and his grandparents, and his aunts and his uncles and his cousins. Your words aren't comforting to them. Their own faith may be, and let's hope it is. Your erasing them (and I don't think Noah was the only Jewish child who was killed) is the opposite of respectful.

The New York Times has an article about Noah's mother and has quotes from her rabbi and it seemed like she was taking some comfort from Judaism. I believe Noah was actually the only Jewish child killed.

I also figured it was her ill-timed response to the Wear Pants to Church day. I didn't take time to read the whole link but it is a little library of LDS parenting tips.

I thought Avielle Richman might also be Jewish because of her name (all the Aviels and Avielles I've ever met have been Jewish, and all the Richmans). In any case, I'm just irate at NieNie's blithe ASSumption that everybody's Christian.

The statements from the rabbis at Noah's funeral that have been shared in the media are lovely and heartbreaking. His poor twin sister---what a tough road she has ahead!

I thought Avielle Richman might also be Jewish because of her name (all the Aviels and Avielles I've ever met have been Jewish, and all the Richmans). In any case, I'm just irate at NieNie's blithe ASSumption that everybody's Christian.

The statements from the rabbis at Noah's funeral that have been shared in the media are lovely and heartbreaking. His poor twin sister---what a tough road she has ahead!

Hmm. Avielle Richman does seem to be a super Jewish name (I feel like I can say that because 2/3 of my name sounds super Jewish, too--the other third got me interrogated about my father's religion and family history at Israeli passport control), but if her family is Jewish, I don't think they belong to the synagogue in Newtown. Also, according to Jewish tradition you bury a body as soon as possible, which I assume is why Noah was buried today, which played into my figuring that he was the only Jewish kid.

Either way, the Jesus-y-ness is completely offensive. And I am thinking good thoughts for all the loved ones of the sweet, murdered children and adults and who were at Sandy Hook Elementary School that day and had to experience the terror of having their classmates and colleagues murdered. I do also feel especially sad for his twin sister. I can't even imagine.

To me it reads like a disclaimer. Maybe she thought that with the international following of the story she might more hits than usually, so needed to add that to her post to give new readers some background? I do agree it comes off very strange.

OT question:

Why does she refer to her blog as a "dialogue"?

It seems more like the "NieNie Monologues" to me.

Haha! I've read her blog far too long (one of her brothers is friends with my sis-in-law so Nie was brought to my attention long before the crash). She did post a series of interviews - mostly of her family members - way back when.

Maybe she was done talking with the CT shootings and was responding the fact that her sister has been blogging about being a feminist (and about their other sisters admitting to being feminists) and Nie felt it was necessary to show that she is a submissive Mormon housewife who doesn't need any of that goddamn feminism.

I agree she was probably responding to C.Jane. A part of me thinks C.Jane might leave the LDS church later on. If that happens, I can see NieNie making passive aggressive statements on her blog. There is another Mormon mommy blogger that I'm following. This blogger is a burn victim and she has talked about admiring NieNie in the past. She also seems to be slowly getting out of the Nienie fanbase.

Most bloggers that I read would make a separate post for it, even in the same day, KWIM?

Most bloggers that I read would make a separate post for it, even in the same day, KWIM?

I agree, they would make a separate post. But with Niester she does weird things on her blog. I get the feeling that she has never liked Courtney a whole lot. I was going through some of her entries from 2006 or 2007 the other day and there was one pic of her and her sisters and she labeled it something like "Paige, Lucy, and me are the beautiful sisters" and Courtney was in the pic. I think NieNie at times seems a bit dim. Her recent posting about an incident at her son's school showed that.

I'm not giving her a pass, but COULD she even work now? With the extent of her injuries, I doubt it. She's still having surgeries, and would miss a ton of work, plus I bet her pain is pretty self limiting.

We took care of a young boy who had been burned, during the acute rehab phase. He's now 16 and lives with a ton of pain. He should not have survived his accident. That's how I found NieNie in the first place--I was curious to read her perspective after taking care of a child with similar sever injuries.

I don't think she could work at all unless it was certain office jobs. She had a lot of pain issues during her pregnancy because she had to go off to some of the meds. She admitted to having trouble with her hands in that posting where she talked about bathing Charlotte. I agree SunnyAndrsn, the surgeries and other things would limit her from working. I think even if the crash hadn't happened. NieNie would still be proud to be a SAHM and she would still be occasionally slamming working mothers.

Archived