IGNORED

Contraception Lawsuit (Mennonites vs US Government)

memmy

Re the "taxpayer" argument. What some people seem to forget is if they didn't pay tax towards one thing, it would be raised in respect of something else. In Britain at the moment, people have been saying the same thing about the unemployed (of which I am one because - hey guess what - THERE'S NO JOBS!) I always point out, "Well, you're not personally paying for me to be on the dole, you know!"

I really not do have the time or the energy to engage in a debate over any of this. A debate was never my intention. I simply meant to throw another point of view out there.

I really have no desire to try to convince anyone who doesn't wish to be convinced. I realize the members of this board are overwhelmingly in disagreement with me, and I'm OK with that. You have a right to your beliefs.

BTW, it was my internet filter that replaced those words, holierthanthou. This is the family computer.

And one more thing, I did vote in the election. Not all Mennonites believe it's wrong to vote. And for the record, I never said I agreed with what Mennonite company is doing...to be honest I am not sure I am OK with it at all...I am still thinking that one through.I am done here. Thanks for accomodating me, but I have better ways to spend my time. I wish you all the best. Happy holidays.

It is fairly simple, do you believe companies should be able to refuse medical coverage for their employees based on untrue propaganda? Because that is what they are doing. They are trying to deny medication based on propaganda that is completely false.

So did Hobby Lobby close down yet? I thought they said they would close before they payed to murder babies(even though they wouldn't be paying to do that, but hey, fundies don't deal with reality or the truth).

Thank you FG for summing up the real question there more concisely than I ever can!

I don't really undertand it. Wouldn't contraceptives be a good thing? It keeps people from killing their babies. Why are people so adamantly against birth control?

I don't really undertand it. Wouldn't contraceptives be a good thing? It keeps people from killing their babies. Why are people so adamantly against birth control?

Yeah, but logic's clearly not their strong point.

Re: MNF's "Happy Holidays" sign off, is that the new 'bless your heart'?

Archived