IGNORED

What are Smugger's expenses?

Seven Severn

From the Manta.com link re: Champion Motorcars:

Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $1 to 2.5 million and employs a staff of 1 to 4.

Considering the sales person(s) work on commission, Smuggar only has to pay himself and the guy he hired as a mechanic after the other Josh became a FT salesman (after a whopping 4 months on the job), even after he pays Boob rent, he's raking in some pretty nice cash. Must be nice since he takes about 10 weeks of vacation a year.

I remember seeing the WA County data and someone elsewhere noted that cars are listed as tax revenue. The $80 attributed to J&A is likely registration for their Hummer. No one pays that a year for real property. I also noticed that Grandma's name is on Deanna's house, which is in a tract development (obvious when you see the exterior shots of the place). I imagine Deanna and Smuggar pay the tax assessments for their properties to Grandma, who makes the "officialal" payment to the county registrar's office.

What I am curious about are the liens noted against two or three (it's been a couple of weeks since I looked at the data) on Boob's property. I'm also intrigued by their living trust; those kids aren't getting a dime that Boob doesn't parcel out until he and Michelle are six feet under. Can't fault him for putting his assets in a trust though. Probate taxes are a bitch and I was happy to avoid that step as the executor of my parents' estate. What Boob and Michelle may do is have so many organizations that they leave money to (starting with Gothard and Douggie and working on down) that the poor executor will have to sell the TTH to pay all the beneficiaries. My parents had 50 and only 5 kids. I can't imagine what Boob and Michelle's beneficiary list looks like.

Mmmm... yeah, but if I remember correctly, they are believers of Dave Ramsey (is that the guy) with the whole no-debt, no credit thing. I'm pretty sure they spin that to be Biblical somehow (is it supposed to be?) and make Smuggar toe the line as Dimbulb wishes because everyone knows financial freedom only comes through Christ.

Or something. *looks around confusedly*

Dave Ramsey is a faith based financial porgram, but not fundie by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think DR is the one they adhere too.

My husband and I took the DR course and follow the advice. Our only debt, now, is our house note. We are a cash only family and it's great. We love not having debt.

I wonder if Josh has anything in his name. I would think he would have to have some accounts in his name to build up credit if he ever wants those lot properties transfer into his name.

CREDIT! CREDIT! CREDIT!

you're going to hell for suggesting that any of the duggar spawn would ever use credit, just like they would never use crack, drink beer, or give away pieces of their heart.

now you gave us credit cooties!

Dave Ramsey is a faith based financial porgram, but not fundie by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think DR is the one they adhere too.

My husband and I took the DR course and follow the advice. Our only debt, now, is our house note. We are a cash only family and it's great. We love not having debt.

Exactly... Duggars followed Jim Sammons.

We to are debt feee thanks to Dave ($108,000 in 30 months) and will never go back to worshipping at the altar of the great FICO!!!

I don't see why so many people think mortgages are horrible and soul-crushing. It's useful debt and it's an investment as it is generally cheaper than renting in the long run.

Archived