IGNORED

the best joke to play on pro lifers

doggie

Awesome. I'd so love to do that to someone one day.

after looking it a bit I see this joke has been going on for awhile. seems to work every time.

Are there really that many people in the world who don't know that birds lay eggs? :shock:

Or that the "baby turkey" would be in there, all plucked and headless and stuff...?

Or that the "baby turkey" would be in there, all plucked and headless and stuff...?

My older sister would fall for that. I'll have to try it,

That would be a very...interesting prank to play. Most of the hardcore, erm, pro-lifers I know are really big on the "it's human!!!1" thing and probably wouldn't be anymore phased by the idea of cooking a fetal turkey than cooking a born turkey. The only people I know who would be freaked out by this don't eat meat in the first place.

On a side note, you can buy eggs with fetuses in them if you know where to look.

That would be a very...interesting prank to play. Most of the hardcore, erm, pro-lifers I know are really big on the "it's human!!!1" thing and probably wouldn't be anymore phased by the idea of cooking a fetal turkey than cooking a born turkey. The only people I know who would be freaked out by this don't eat meat in the first place.

On a side note, you can buy eggs with fetuses in them if you know where to look.

In Vietnam they're called 'balut' eggs. It's a delicacy.

I don't...but...how can she not...oh jesus fuck.

That said, my sister would totally fall for this. I may do it to her next October for turkey day.

Let's forget the whole "birds lay eggs, not gestate fetuses" question for a second. Why are Americans so grossed out by eating certain parts of animals that are the norm in other parts of the world? We won't eat chicken feet (paws) but we'll eat their chests no problem. I have friends who won't try one bite of a beef tongue taco but then turn around and eat the butt cheek of the cow. Sure, when they don't know what they are eating they think it tastes great. But, when I tell them its the tongue or heart or liver its suddenly YUCK DISGUSTING EWWW GROSS. Grosser than eating any other part of the animal? Although this disgust does score me free and cheap tongues when the local organic/free range farmers slaughter a cow (I got 2 free tongues last week after buying some stew meat and beef cheeks... beef cheeks also VERY cheap considering what a delicacy they are). But, the cheeks come off of the FACE! OMG!!!!!

Sorry, I'm not a vegetarian but I think its horrid that we see no problem with killing an animal for food and then tossing away perfectly edible parts because we're too chicken sh*t to be open minded.

End of rant. go on! :-)

Let's forget the whole "birds lay eggs, not gestate fetuses" question for a second. Why are Americans so grossed out by eating certain parts of animals that are the norm in other parts of the world? We won't eat chicken feet (paws) but we'll eat their chests no problem. I have friends who won't try one bite of a beef tongue taco but then turn around and eat the butt cheek of the cow. Sure, when they don't know what they are eating they think it tastes great. But, when I tell them its the tongue or heart or liver its suddenly YUCK DISGUSTING EWWW GROSS. Grosser than eating any other part of the animal? Although this disgust does score me free and cheap tongues when the local organic/free range farmers slaughter a cow (I got 2 free tongues last week after buying some stew meat and beef cheeks... beef cheeks also VERY cheap considering what a delicacy they are). But, the cheeks come off of the FACE! OMG!!!!!

Sorry, I'm not a vegetarian but I think its horrid that we see no problem with killing an animal for food and then tossing away perfectly edible parts because we're too chicken sh*t to be open minded.

I can't speak for all meat sources but in the case of swine. Every single piece of the pig is used. Absolutely nothing goes to waste. If you're talking about in an industry perspective.

ETA: I'm talking about the US pork industry.

It is how you are raised what you ate as a child. The same can be said about insects since most of the world eat them. Imagine how many people could be fed on the cheap healthy protein. Everyone has foods they would not eat and would make them cringe.

There was a really good documentary on BBC called Kill It, Cook It, Eat It. The documentary shows that almost nothing from any animal slaughtered goes to waste. Cow parts are used in everything from fire fighting foam to dishes, seafood is used to make leather and is the primary ingredient in hairspray (well, prawn shells are), sheep and lamb bits are used to make detergent. Every bit of the animal is used by some industry for something.

There are bits of organ meat I don't like to eat, but I know that it's a mental thing not a rational thing. I've had some organ meats (sweetbreads, gizzards, etc) and I like them, but I still go "ewww" when I think about it.

I appreciate that animals are used as much as they are. I appreciate that byproducts are put to good use. I don't think, for instance, that meat byproducts in animal food are a bad thing. "By-products" is industry speak for "the things people won't pay for." But the dog, y'know, eats treats out of the litterbox, and the cats eat moths. Animals don't eat what we do, and a lot of what we don't eat are for social reasons, not rational ones.

One of these days I'm going to seriously splurge and go to one of the nose to tail dinners a local chef puts on... where he serves you everything from the pig. I suspect even the squeal.

Archived