IGNORED

You will never guessed what happened - Modesty

AtroposHeart

Get this I was wearing sinful, unfeminine pants and a short sleeve shirt and I went to the gym.

Guess what happened not one, but TWO men helded the door open for me.

I am still in shock

This is a satirical post about fundie girls who claim to get special treatment for wearing God aprroved skirts

Get this I was wearing sinful, unfeminine pants and a short sleeve shirt and I went to the gym.

I am still in shock

This is a satirical post about fundie girls who claim to get special treatment for wearing God aprroved skirts

Hussy! Get thee into a skirt lest you defraud those poor innocent men! :twisted:

I have had both men and women open the door for me and I try to do the same back. My hair is really short and I wear jeans. Maybe they think that I am a very short little boy that needs help? It can't be that people hold the door open for me because they are being nice. No, that would never happen. I have to manipulate men with my obvious feminity.

OMG Atropos Heart you have defrauded poor innocent menz folk with your wiley wimmen ways!

I never "got" opening door think with regard to gender. I always open doors to be nice and I always accept the same from others. Gender seems irrelevant. I am 52 years old and the whole thing is just lost on me.

I never "got" opening door think with regard to gender. I always open doors to be nice and I always accept the same from others. Gender seems irrelevant. I am 52 years old and the whole thing is just lost on me.

I generally hold the door open if someone's coming in behind me. I'll keep it open if the other person is struggling with bags/kids/parcels/whatever or if they're mobility impaired. I don't do this because I'm a lovely, godly woman who always wears skirts and donates a few dollars to the poor occasionally but because I value living in a polite, civilised society and understand that doing so requires that I give as well as take. Sometimes I think that fundies must be the most ill-mannered creatures in the world. That's the only way to describe someone who'd base his willingness to hold a door open on whether the person following was female and not wearing pants. Why fundie women encourage and applaud such poor manners is really beyond me.

I hold doors open for people all the time and I expect my kids to do the same. It is just common courtesy. My husband was raised that a gentleman always holds the door open, opens the car door, holds out a chair and orders for all the ladies at the table. The ordering at the table used to really annoy me, but after 20 years I have gotten used to it.

Tonight I was wearing yoga pants and a fitted shirt. I was at a play practice and people were holding doors for me, helping me out. They were similarly helpful with my 10 year old daughter, who was dressed in skirts that were above her knees (!!!!). Maybe it is just those unGodly gay menz that you meet in theater, but my attire seemed pretty irrelevant.

I am the mother of the star and I have to have costumes ready for highly immodest quick changes, so it is purely pragmatic. And, yes, I did have to bring my kid into this because she is so talented and wonderful. :)

I am still in shock

This is a satirical post about

fundie girls who claim to get special treatment for wearing God aprroved skirts

There goes womens lib

Older men hold the door open for me all the time, me with my torn jeans. Younger people of all genders hold the door open for me and everyone else because our generation has arguably not bought into everyday, gender-specific chivalry as much as our grandparents' generation.

This whole door business just baffles the shit out of me. I've had the door held for me by both men and women and I've held the door for both men and women. And I see that someone isn't directly behind me but still a reasonable distance away, I'll actually wait to hold the door. Not once was I ever judged nor did I judge this small act by someone's gender, age or dress, because IT'S JUST COMMON COURTESY.

Seriously, if some of these idiot women (who insist that if you don't let a man hold the door for you unless you want to risk psychologically castrating them) do if they happen to be ahead of a man on the way to a door? Do they actually slow down and wait? Because if I saw anyone smugly and deliberately holding back so I could serve them, I'd probably slam the door in his or her face.

Yesterday, I attended my daughter's volleyball tournament (Gr 7-8 girls). More than half of the girls playing wore -gasp- yoga SHORTS, the rest, soccer shorts. All sported highly suggestive (if you are an unnaturally sexually-fixated fundamentalist) KNEEPADS! They played eight games, so there were quite a lot of girls dressed thusly. Somehow, all of the fathers, mothers, and teachers supporting the girls, the boy students from the host school who were scorekeepers and linesmen, all of us, were able to say that we held them in the utmost respect. They were fine examples of the spirit of camaraderie, courtesy, and competition.

Happily, not a single door remained closed and unheld to any of them, from my observations. But my kids are at the evil Catholic school, so maybe that was just some magical Whore of Rome juju.

I hold doors open for men sometimes, is that OK or does it mean I'm going to hell? :?

Probably. That's the slippery-slope of usurping the masculinity of those men. Your assumption that it was common courtesy proves how widespread this epidemic has become. :lol:

I hold doors open for men sometimes, is that OK or does it mean I'm going to hell? :?

I cannot picture any of the mockable patriarchs who would deign to come down off their high horse and hold a door open for themselves. I assume their gaggle of SAHD, put upon wives would be moved to hold the door open. So perhaps it would be permissible for you to hold the door, if it was for your headship. For a strange man? That's being a shameless hussy

I get doors opened for me a lot because I have this huge backpack on wheels, and I struggle to get it through doors.

Sometimes I will hold the door open for my christian guy frie--acquaintances, and they will actually refuse to go through! They will put their hand on the door and say, "no Trynn, YOU go through!" And it's just like, whatever happened to smiling and saying thank you?

And I am allergic to skirts and dresses. I get this kind of treatment in PANTS! I iz shur go1ng 2 He1l

Archived