IGNORED

Sarah Pope is in labor

NotALoserLikeYou

Am I the only one that feels a little squicky about photos of Annalee being posted here? I mean its not like the family is in the limelight or fair-game fundies, and if both parents have private Facebook pages they probably intended for the photos to stay private. They haven't posted anything on the blog so it's not like there's pictures for open consumption. Just my $.02.

I'm not sure I agree. I mean, she has a very public blog, wherein she counted down the weeks of this pregnancy. They agreed to be on National TV. They have not exactly shied away from the limelight.

That's not a criticism; it's just an observation about how they have chosen to chronicle Samuel's life and Sarah's second pregnancy.

If there were anything about the photo that was particularly private -- graphic birth photos, interactions with adults, etc -- or anything about it that made the child identifiable, I might agree. But, as is, I am with the poster who said "don't friend people you don't know" if you are worried about photos.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What childhood cancer did she have?

I found the answer on her blog, she had a Wilm's tumor, which is a tumor of the kidney. She said it's rare in girls, usually occurs on 3 y.o. boys. I don't remember Wilm's as being more common in boys although I remember it as a childhood cancer. I know 2 people in real life with a Wilm's tumor, both were girls. One was diagnosed at 13 months and survived. Another was a nursing classmate, diagnosed at 19, she died. Sarah was 9 y.o. at the time she had it. Part of her treatment was abdominal radiation, which can affect the uterine muscles. The doctors she consulted with felt her radiation dose was low enough and in a location that it shouldn't have affected her uterus. She really did seek out several experts before having a second child. I don't see her having a planned pregnancy again.

I'm not sure I agree. I mean, she has a very public blog, wherein she counted down the weeks of this pregnancy. They agreed to be on National TV. They have not exactly shied away from the limelight.

That's not a criticism; it's just an observation about how they have chosen to chronicle Samuel's life and Sarah's second pregnancy.

If there were anything about the photo that was particularly private -- graphic birth photos, interactions with adults, etc -- or anything about it that made the child identifiable, I might agree. But, as is, I am with the poster who said "don't friend people you don't know" if you are worried about photos.

I disagree. If they were shared privately, nobody has the right to pass it on unless it needs to be (for someone's safety, say).

Edit: and I realise that I don't feel the same way about some correspondence that has been shared here, but details about addresses and baby photos shared privately are on a different level and should not be passed on, full stop IMO.

Glad they are doing well.

As far as the photo goes.... Facebook isn't private, you're responsible for controlling your own privacy settings to restrict who has access to what you post, this includes adding friends. Once you post a photo to facebook i think it's unreasonanble to assume it'll always stay there. Facebook makes its money selling its users to advertisers and other users, its privacy policy isn't set up to restrict access to content, I'm sure zuckerberg doesn't really believe in user privacy.

Glad they are doing well.

As far as the photo goes.... Facebook isn't private, you're responsible for controlling your own privacy settings to restrict who has access to what you post, this includes adding friends. Once you post a photo to facebook i think it's unreasonanble to assume it'll always stay there. Facebook makes its money selling its users to advertisers and other users, its privacy policy isn't set up to restrict access to content, I'm sure zuckerberg doesn't really believe in user privacy.

Absolutely agree. Also agree that it's unreasonable to leave your door open showing a suitcase of money, but I still wouldn't condone someone taking it, you know? (This is a weak analogy that doesn't line up 100%, I'm not saying that the invasion of privacy is theft.)

I'm so happy for the Pope's! :dance:

Babygirl is beautiful! I have to say I got a little teary. Having a 13 year old NICU "graduate", I know a taste of what it's like. (Mine was born GBS+ and not a preemie.)

For those who are interested, Sarah posted about the birth on her blog.

samuelpope.blogspot.com/2013/01/happy-birthday-annalee-rose.html

I disagree. If they were shared privately, nobody has the right to pass it on unless it needs to be (for someone's safety, say).

Edit: and I realise that I don't feel the same way about some correspondence that has been shared here, but details about addresses and baby photos shared privately are on a different level and should not be passed on, full stop IMO.

She's got the pictures of Annalee up on her blog now.

I'm so glad her daughter is well.

I don't see her having another child. She's been very lucky to have two healthy surviving infants, and I think she's fully aware of that.

She's got the pictures of Annalee up on her blog now.

Which I assumed would eventually happen. I still draw the line there.

Am I the only one that feels a little squicky about photos of Annalee being posted here? I mean its not like the family is in the limelight or fair-game fundies, and if both parents have private Facebook pages they probably intended for the photos to stay private. They haven't posted anything on the blog so it's not like there's pictures for open consumption. Just my $.02.

No, you're not the only one.

I would be LIVID if a friend on facebook copied pictures of my children and posted them to another site and I think it's a underhanded thing to do.

Just FYI, she has asked that personal details and photos from her Facebook not be shared on the forums. I am sure everyone here will respect her wishes

No, you're not the only one.

I would be LIVID if a friend on facebook copied pictures of my children and posted them to another site and I think it's a underhanded thing to do.

I'm with you both of you! It definitely doesn't feel right and I would be furious if someone did that to me, especially at such a vulnerable time. On a lighter note, she does have a new blog post up about being in the NICU again and the origins of Annalee's name.

• 1 month later...

to those saying she probably won't have another child: you're right. she posted this:

"My heart is full. Our home is full. And we are done. It wasn't the normal pregnancy experience that I wanted. I didn't get to waddle around with a big belly. I didn't get maternity photos. I didn't get to decorate a nursery before the baby came home. My biggest worry wasn't whether or not I would have stretch marks. I didn't get a big-belly baby shower. I had to leave my child at the hospital...again.

But we did get a precious, precious baby. Is there anything more important about this experience than that?

I think not. "

uh oh. I don't think Michelle Duggar will want to be such a close friend now ^^

What a woman/mom! She uses her God given brain to learn from her life experiences and is not just a sheep. Best of luck for a wonderful life for Sarah and her family.

I was just reading her site this morning and was going to say she posted an update. I'm so happy for her and her family. It's wonderful to hear that Annalee is thriving and the Popes are living a "normal" life with their beautiful, normal children. The Duggars could learn a lot from the Popes.

So glad to hear that Annelee is doing so well. Sarah is a mom who dotes on her children through out their lives. She wants what's best for Samuel, and knows that he is not a "Normal" child that can be thrown into a situation with a ton of kids, without precautions. J'Chelle and Boob could care less about Josie's health, and have no regard for any of the special needs she may have. Why won't they get her evaulated by a professional? I'm sure she'd qualify for some type of therapy. Booob and J'Chelle should take a page from the Pope's book and spend quality time with their kids.

God bless her, I'm very happy for her and her family and I wish them much happiness and joy for their future :clap:

Archived