IGNORED

Michelle Obama, a bad mother: The proof, according to Kidist

Guest LisaM

I just wonder if she sounds so hateful in person/on the phone. Kendal's blog drives me nuts, and once I watched her videos on youtube.. I was so confused, because if I didn't know what she wrote about on her blog, I would have thought she was a nice woman (based on her vlogs)!

I am curious about her voice also. I imagine she has a lovely accent. She seems to criticize others for things that she herself is insecure about, so maybe she has a very unfeminine voice.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not entirely convinced she's mentally ill. Too many people hate their own gender and/or their own race for me to think they're all mentally ill. As for her hatred and paranoia, one only has to look at Fox News' rather large viewing audience to see how widespread that sort of thing is.

However, I am uncomfortable with the thought of someone calling her. Then again, I was also uncomfortable with the fundie wedding crashing and some aspects of the Maxwell confrontation, so I respect that people draw their lines in different places.

Off topic--

I am "born to be plaid" !!

Anyone care to tell me what that is referring to? I understand "blanket trained" "secretly bill gothard" and the others... But this one confuses me!

No, she died a few years ago.

Nancy Reagan? No, like all evil, she'll probably live to be 110. At present, she's 91 and still breathing. AFAIK, her bio kids still can't stand her; Michael is the only one who has any sort of relationship with her and that's probably to keep himself relevant in conservative circles. He's absolutely vile. I say this as an adoptee, so don't get on my back about adoption-shaming; I'm pointing out irony.

I remember the story of the governor's mansion well from my mother's re-telling of it. She hated Reagan, so I got a slightly biased version of things. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Nancy Reagan? No, like all evil, she'll probably live to be 110. At present, she's 91 and still breathing. AFAIK, her bio kids still can't stand her; Michael is the only one who has any sort of relationship with her and that's probably to keep himself relevant in conservative circles. He's absolutely vile. I say this as an adoptee, so don't get on my back about adoption-shaming; I'm pointing out irony.

I remember the story of the governor's mansion well from my mother's re-telling of it. She hated Reagan, so I got a slightly biased version of things. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Michael was the son of Jane Wyman and RR. He had a sister Maureen who died of cancer about 10 years ago. Nancy and RR had Ron Jr and Patti. None of them got along. Michael went to the same private school my ex boss went to and he hated his parents for putting him there.

Sad. Nancy still probably consults psychics and mediums to talk to Ronnie every chance she can. No offense to our resident psychics.

I find it hilarious how Kidist reads so much (Michelle is a distant mother! Malia is desperate for attention and affection!) into Malia wrapping herself around her mother in the 2009 family portrait, but completely ignores that she does the same thing to her father in the 2006 Christmas picture (which is frankly so freakin' cute with Sasha curled up in her daddy's lap that it makes my ovaries throb) She hates Barack, of course, but seems to have extra special hatred for Michelle that goes above and beyond anything she feels for the president.

Very true. My mind is officially blown. If she saw us, she'd probably think I'm a terribly distant mother too. :roll:

MICHELLE OBAMA IS AWESOME.

That is all.

Seriously. And it was crazy for me when Malia and Sasha walked out onto the stage on election night. They looked so young four years ago and now they're beautiful young women.

Seriously. And it was crazy for me when Malia and Sasha walked out onto the stage on election night. They looked so young four years ago and now they're beautiful young women.

I have to agree with you about the first kids. They have grown into lovely young women. I personally think that the Obama's r good parents. It is great that r keeping their kids out of the public eye.

I think ole Nance might disagree. She's in her 90s and very frail (when Marco Rubio was rumored to be a potential running mate for Romney, there was a whole big thing about how he prevented her from falling when she lost her balance) but still alive and kicking.

Huh, not sure how I got it in my head that she'd died. I stand corrected.

What is this "we" she keeps talking about? She is Canadian, right? I mean, when it's not election season I can actually go days without seeing any pics of Obama's family or reading anything about them unless I seek it out. I know next to nothing about Canadian politics because they aren't widely discussed in the US unless, again, you make a point to go read about them. Kidist is just a miserable person.

We are affected quite a bit by American politics, here in Canada. I came across a quote the morning after Obama was re-elected, which sums up how it is for us:

It is so frustrating to be a Canadian. You are affected by USA politics nearly as much as as they are but have no say in the elections. It’s like being a Siamese twin to an angry self destructive alcoholic with a gun fetish.

:lol:

That is DEFINITELY how I, and just about everyone I know, felt when we were waiting to here that Obama was re-elected. The idea of any other outcome was too terrifying to contemplate. I'd love to explain some of the ways that we're affected, but I've only slept for a few hours out of the past 4 days. I'm likely to make a jumbled mess of it all. :oops: :lol: A Google search, or someone with more brain cells than I'm packing at the moment, should be able to sum it up fairly quickly.

I personally adore the Obama family. From what we can see of their parenting practices, they appear to be raising two beautiful and strong young women, who will have every chance in life just with the values and strength that they have been instilled with. Kidist sarcastically comments that "we are on a first-name basis with the President". What is wrong with that? When I look at world leaders, and see someone who is not only an amazing President, but who is also real and approachable, I feel a LOT better about the world that I've brought my children into. I think Kidist is insanely jealous. Michelle is in a very enviable position in pretty much every area of her life. Even if Obama were to be tossed out of the White House, and had to flip burgers for a living, Michelle would still have what appears to be a wonderful marriage with a loving, loyal, respectful husband; beautiful children, with whom she has a good relationship; physical beauty by nearly anyone's standards, along with class, and a personality that makes her someone you can't help but like and admire. Admiration and affection - two things that Michelle is very rich in, that Kidist has likely never had, at least in any measurable amount.

We are affected quite a bit by American politics, here in Canada. I came across a quote the morning after Obama was re-elected, which sums up how it is for us:

:lol:

That is DEFINITELY how I, and just about everyone I know, felt when we were waiting to here that Obama was re-elected. The idea of any other outcome was too terrifying to contemplate. I'd love to explain some of the ways that we're affected, but I've only slept for a few hours out of the past 4 days. I'm likely to make a jumbled mess of it all. :oops: :lol: A Google search, or someone with more brain cells than I'm packing at the moment, should be able to sum it up fairly quickly.

I personally adore the Obama family. From what we can see of their parenting practices, they appear to be raising two beautiful and strong young women, who will have every chance in life just with the values and strength that they have been instilled with. Kidist sarcastically comments that "we are on a first-name basis with the President". What is wrong with that? When I look at world leaders, and see someone who is not only an amazing President, but who is also real and approachable, I feel a LOT better about the world that I've brought my children into. I think Kidist is insanely jealous. Michelle is in a very enviable position in pretty much every area of her life. Even if Obama were to be tossed out of the White House, and had to flip burgers for a living, Michelle would still have what appears to be a wonderful marriage with a loving, loyal, respectful husband; beautiful children, with whom she has a good relationship; physical beauty by nearly anyone's standards, along with class, and a personality that makes her someone you can't help but like and admire. Admiration and affection - two things that Michelle is very rich in, that Kidist has likely never had, at least in any measurable amount.

You definitely got it right Mrskay! I could barely sleep thinking of the prospect of a Conservative Government here and a Republican to the south.

The Obama children look happy, healthy and confident. You can't ask for much more when raising kids. The Kidist knows nothing. Absolutely nothing and her opinion counts for nothing.

It is so frustrating to be a Canadian. You are affected by USA politics nearly as much as as they are but have no say in the elections. It’s like being a Siamese twin to an angry self destructive alcoholic with a gun fetish.

Sums us up to a tee, really.

In a way, I feel sorry for Kidist. When you're an outlier and see everyone else attaining security and happiness and you know it's out of your reach because of who you are, it's tough not to be bitter. I have no idea what things are like for her in Canada. My presumption is that she lives in one of the more progressive parts of the country and doesn't see the kind of treatment she would get in a place like Nashville.

She doesn't get that she can feel angry and sad about her situation without lashing out or buying into the values that others place on her. Unfortunately, she has done what some people do when they have experienced rejection and possibly bullying and has become a bully herself. Then again, maybe she was a mean girl and a bully who ended up someplace where she drew the SES short straw. Only Kidist and those close to her know for sure.

With no comments allowed, I have to wonder if her readership is mostly people peeking in for the train wreck. SMH...

Kidist lives in Toronto - one of the most diverse places you will ever find. Just Google Toronto + gay pride. Then see if you can find something that lists the average number of each ethnic group living there. She is living in one of the worse spots I can imagine for any racist, homophobic psycho to live in.

Kidist lives in Toronto - one of the most diverse places you will ever find. Just Google Toronto + gay pride. Then see if you can find something that lists the average number of each ethnic group living there. She is living in one of the worse spots I can imagine for any racist, homophobic psycho to live in.

That's really scary. Has she ever spoken out about her beliefs other than on her blog? I had no idea that she lived in Toronto.

Guest Anonymous
I'm looking at her photographs. Is there something exceptional about them that I'm missing? :think:

Nope, your perceptions are correct. While her designs and photographs for the most part aren't glaringly awful, they are not exceptional or noteworthy in any way. I looked at the photo of her as a 6 or 7-year-old child, greeting Emperor Haile Selassie back in Ethiopia. Since the Emperor and his court were deposed in 1975, she would have to be at least in her mid-forties, if not older. She's probably deeply bitter that this is as far as she's gotten in life. The smart thing to do would be to give her skillset a cold-eyed assessment and upgrade or update it if necessary. However, Kidist will never acknowledge that her abilities are outdated, or worse, that she's NOT all that talented. What Kidist perceives as her mental health involves the belief that a North America-wide cabal of blacks, other non-whites, gays and women are conspiring to deprive her of her rightful place in the world and keep her awesomeness from being rewarded.

This seems like the hundredth time that Kidist writes some hateful spiel re: Michelle Obama. :evil:

If I was the Secret Service I'd have her on the radar ...

I find 95% of the fundie bloggers that we talk about here harmless physically, while a few have husbands that, given something that can push them over the edge, could end up being bad news for the public at large (and most of FJers here know whom I'm talking about).

OTOH, I'm worried that Kidist might snap one day. Does anyone here remember that post of hers in which she boasted about staring down an asian woman who was with her white boyfriend at a coffee shop? She ended up staring at her for a whole 30 FRIGGING MINUTES! It was then that I noticed that she is more than just a paranoid, lonely and envious "used to be part of the nobility in my native country so I'm a special snowflake" nutjob; there's a timebomb ticktocking inside her and I hope that it never blows up...

Nope, your perceptions are correct. While her designs and photographs for the most part aren't glaringly awful, they are not exceptional or noteworthy in any way. I looked at the photo of her as a 6 or 7-year-old child, greeting Emperor Haile Selassie back in Ethiopia. Since the Emperor and his court were deposed in 1975, she would have to be at least in her mid-forties, if not older. She's probably deeply bitter that this is as far as she's gotten in life. The smart thing to do would be to give her skillset a cold-eyed assessment and upgrade or update it if necessary. However, Kidist will never acknowledge that her abilities are outdated, or worse, that she's NOT all that talented. What Kidist perceives as her mental health involves the belief that a North America-wide cabal of blacks, other non-whites, gays and women are conspiring to deprive her of her rightful place in the world and keep her awesomeness from being rewarded.

Okay, good to know I wasn't missing anything. I dabble (pick my camera up about once a month) in photography (with my base model Canon dSLR) and from my completely amateur perspective, her pictures lack composition and good use of light.

I've just started reading her blog and her level of hate is beyond any sort of normal mental state.

This seems like the hundredth time that Kidist writes some hateful spiel re: Michelle Obama. :evil:

If I was the Secret Service I'd have her on the radar ...

I find 95% of the fundie bloggers that we talk about here harmless physically, while a few have husbands that, given something that can push them over the edge, could end up being bad news for the public at large (and most of FJers here know whom I'm talking about).

OTOH, I'm worried that Kidist might snap one day. Does anyone here remember that post of hers in which she boasted about staring down an asian woman who was with her white boyfriend at a coffee shop? She ended up staring at her for a whole 30 FRIGGING MINUTES! It was then that I noticed that she is more than just a paranoid, lonely and envious "used to be part of the nobility in my native country so I'm a special snowflake" nutjob; there's a timebomb ticktocking inside her and I hope that it never blows up...

I agree with you on this. I wouldn't be surprised if Kidist, the PP, or one of the hate Obama or muslim fundies on FB and twitter snap one day. I don't read kidist's blog that much but someone did mention the asian woman/white boyfriend incident in another thread here. That incident kind of creeped me out because it reminded me of incidents here in the States with skinheads sometimes stalking interracial couples they come across in public.

I hate that she doesn't allow comments on her blog...Hypocrite X10.

Her post titled "Resistance" is beyond strange; I mean, doesn't she own a mirror? I know that there are black Tea Party conservatives (hello Alan West and Herman Cain!) and mega fundies like Voddie Beacham, but they don't seem to hate their own skin colour like Kidist does. The only other black woman that I've seen showing as much racial self-hatred was the spokesperson for something called the "National Association for the Advancement of White People". I saw that in an article in 2005 or 2006, so I really don't remember her name. The whole thing was so weird; looking back it might have been a big joke played on guillible people like me!

My parents worked for the state government at that time. One of them screened Reagan's mail. But my parents have always loved historical things, and the story of how Nancy dissed the gorgeous governor's mansion was something that I heard many times growing up. (if you want to see more about it, there is a Huell Howser program with Jerry Brown's sister in the Governor's mansion.)

Archived