IGNORED

Michelle Obama, a bad mother: The proof, according to Kidist

Guest LisaM

I've discussed this before, but what makes me suspect that she's truly crazy isn't just the hate, but the complete social isolation. She doesn't seem to have any friends any more. She just lives alone, goes to the local diner, and has these obsessions with staring at gays and minorities while imagining whole paranoid scenarios. (The blog entries where she fixates on the toddler boy with the Asian nanny were particularly creepy. Seriously, who gets obsessed over the future sex life of a TODDLER?) She then shares the crazy thoughts with wait staff and her blog and seems oblivious to the fact that other people clearly think that she is nuts.

cameraluc.blogspot.ca/2011/07/young-beautiful-white-boy-tall-handsome.html

cameraluc.blogspot.ca/2012/11/baby-at-play.html

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously. That obsession with the little boy freaks me out. It's like borderline stalking - I'm starting to think it wouldn't be shocking if she tried to snatch him some day.

I've discussed this before, but what makes me suspect that she's truly crazy isn't just the hate, but the complete social isolation. She doesn't seem to have any friends any more. She just lives alone, goes to the local diner, and has these obsessions with staring at gays and minorities while imagining whole paranoid scenarios. (The blog entries where she fixates on the toddler boy with the Asian nanny were particularly creepy. Seriously, who gets obsessed over the future sex life of a TODDLER?) She then shares the crazy thoughts with wait staff and her blog and seems oblivious to the fact that other people clearly think that she is nuts.

cameraluc.blogspot.ca/2011/07/young-beautiful-white-boy-tall-handsome.html

cameraluc.blogspot.ca/2012/11/baby-at-play.html

In the first one, she says this:

There is a "women's" shelter down the street, which is a place where women "abused" by their husbands can go.

Why the scare quotes? The rest of the letter is strange as well. Most of the sentences do not convey any meaning important to the subject and some have very strange syntax.

And she does not like her neighbor's using a nanny, so they must be liberals. Because Mitt and Ann Romney's nanny was just a good friend who watched their kids and received a large monthly gift. :lol:

But, in the end, it is selfishness, which I think is at the core of such people, whom I will label as liberals (they cannot be anything else).

In the polka dot & stripes dress whinging post she is comparing late 19th century couture with modern mid range ready to wear designers.

It seems like she has never had any kind of interaction or been friends with somebody who isn't white.

Here's another post which made me think that she's actually crazy:

http://cameraluc.blogspot.ca/2011/10/ca ... crity.html

Hint: if security guards are tossing you out, you scare people. Get help.

She repeatedly uses the term "dark-skinned Third World immigrant" to describe people at the school in a derogatory manner.

She has to have something really wrong to not really she has dark skin and is an immigrant from a developing nation.

Also, she has claimed in the past that she danced at that school, hasn't she?

Guest Anonymous

Four different receptionists, AND the security guard, asked her to leave, and on successive days. I bet she's known to every theater, museum and cultural center in Toronto as she also has a penchant for sending "Dear Sir, you cur" lettters to them.

It's a school. even if it is an important cultural center, its still a school that isn't automatically open to the public. She's nuts. She walks into the girls' dorms and wonders why she's being told to leave? The guards aren't assuming she's a pedophile, they're justifiably assuming she's a thief or a lunatic who might harm a student. There's nothing particularly special about a goddamn dormitory.

It's a school. even if it is an important cultural center, its still a school that isn't automatically open to the public. She's nuts. She walks into the girls' dorms and wonders why she's being told to leave? The guards aren't assuming she's a pedophile, they're justifiably assuming she's a thief or a lunatic who might harm a student. There's nothing particularly special about a goddamn dormitory.

Why did she think that she could just go over there and start demanding to be treated like an honored guest? :angry-banghead: Most dance schools will give you a tour if you call ahead of time and schedule it. They also have open houses where you can see performances and get to walk around campus with a guide to tell you everything you may want to know.

Wow, I've just finished reading the post about her visit to the ballet school. Kidist really is barking, isn't she? She was just so outraged at the thought of a Chinese dancer taking the lead in Swan Lake. Not sure how she'd feel about about Ji-Min Park - fantastic Korean tenor who played Rodolfo wonderfully in La Boheme here a few years back. Mimi was black, the costuming was exquisite, I couldn't fault the direction. Just a brilliant, brilliant performance. Even here in, as I've heard us called before, a cultural backwater. I know Kidist tries to set herself up as an authority on the arts, but she ends up looking ridiculous because her analyses always fail to take into account how the painting/photography/dancer/etc makes other people feel. Obviously there is far more to a good painting or ballet performance than how the audience feels, but I've always thought the aim of any artist was to connect with their audience, and to draw them into their work. Kidist is working from a purely technical perspective, despite seeming to lack much technical knowledge of whatever it is she's insulting for not being white enough. Does she actually enjoy what she critiques or does she try to engage with the art world because she thinks it's what cultured white people do?

At any rate, this was rather interesting:

I was looking forward to showcasing some of Toronto's cultural buildings. I wondered at the rude behavior of these women. I think it is surprise at a non-white person showing interest in high, Western, culture. Third World immigrants are not supposed to act "white" and have interest in ballet, opera, concerts, art and architecture. They are supposed to stay in their quaint, exotic enclaves, practicing their quaint, exotic culture (as far away from us as possible), leaving us only safe vestiges of their colorful clothes and spicy (not too spicy) foods.

But, I showed up in my Western clothes, dressed in a salmon/tan coat with matching tan hat and scarf, and white woolen gloves, looking far smarter than the white liberal Third-World-wannabes that roam our streets in their ugly clothes, and middle-aged women (like the receptionists at the NBS) in sloppy pants and shapeless sweaters who would put to shame their grandmothers who took such care with their appearances. That triggered their wrath. "How can a Third Worlder look better than us?" I really think is their rage. At the end of the day, for all their talk of "equality," they simply want these Third Worlders under their thumb, looking pathetic (and worse, and worse off, than them), begging for crumbs. That way, they can pour on them all the "good will" that they can muster, and feel good about themselves. And let's not forget the conveniently located exotic restaurants where the food is not too spicy, where they can "participate" in all the wonderful (at a distance) cultures of the (Third) world.

Even Kidist has occasional moments of clarity. Underneath this hatred of non-whites is a fair amount of anger at her position in white Canadian society. It's quite sad really.

Why did she think that she could just go over there and start demanding to be treated like an honored guest? :angry-banghead: Most dance schools will give you a tour if you call ahead of time and schedule it. They also have open houses where you can see performances and get to walk around campus with a guide to tell you everything you may want to know.

I agree with what both you and Kitty said. I read that whole posting and I was like WTF. She has grandiose type attitude about herself and her showing up a dance school and demanding to see dorms shows that. Dorm areas in various types of schools are often treated with caution for different reasons. Kidist could have shown up at other dance schools with dorms and would have similar responses from staff.

Archived